What's new

I'm an ex ride operator with 26 rides to my name and 4 years of experience. Ask me anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Rawding

Roller Poster
Literally ask me anything.
For clarification I have operated 23 rides, and been an attendant for 3 of them (One being a travelling fairground ride).

I've worked at two different theme parks, Gulliver's Kingdom (Matlock Bath), and Drayton Manor (Tamworth).

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Is it fun? I currently work Food & Bev. @ Kings Island and wish to switch departments to Rides (even though it pays less) and I just have the idea of sitting there talking to guests over the intercom while singing stupid songs and all kinds of things to keep the line interested and not bored while checking restraints.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Harry Rawding

Roller Poster
Is it fun? I currently work Food & Bev. @ Kings Island and wish to switch departments to Rides (even though it pays less) and I just have the idea of sitting there talking to guests over the intercom while singing stupid songs and all kinds of things to keep the line interested and not bored while checking restraints.

Being a ride operator is one of the best jobs I could ever dream of. Yes you are paid worth for the amount of work you put in, but at the end of the day it is a job you look back and know you enjoyed it. You will start of as a host/attendant to begin with and then work your way up to operations. Some rides are independently run, so you'll be the boss of the ride, checking heights, allowing the correct amount of guests on the ride, checking restraints, and then operating. I prefer teamed rides than independent because it's nice to be with colleagues and makes the day more quicker/enjoyable.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Being a ride operator is one of the best jobs I could ever dream of. Yes you are paid worth for the amount of work you put in, but at the end of the day it is a job you look back and know you enjoyed it. You will start of as a host/attendant to begin with and then work your way up to operations. Some rides are independently run, so you'll be the boss of the ride, checking heights, allowing the correct amount of guests on the ride, checking restraints, and then operating. I prefer teamed rides than independent because it's nice to be with colleagues and makes the day more quicker/enjoyable.
That's neat. Like working register in food, I assume being the guy sitting outside the ride entry is pretty boring, but I'm probably going to be one of those guys who they move around to other positions besides operation (they already do that to me with food and it's not fun most of the time unless I'm working a Dippin Dots cart).

Edward M

Strata Poster
Do you believe in God? Pro choice or pro life? How would you handle the dilemma between Israel and Palestine? Why do you think communist societies often turn into hidden dictatorships, does it have to do with human nature or is there an instinctual need for a social hierarchy?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OK, that's enough of this silliness.

@Harry Rawding - I would suggest that you get stuck in to the forums. You'll find there are plenty of places all over where your experience (both as a ride op, and as an enthusiast) will add to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.