What's new

Im a big idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveTheBlueStreak

Roller Poster
Oh christ what did I miss this time
I made a post about trying to save the almost century old blue streak at conneaut lake park in PA. I heard from a reliable source at ace that it will be listed for sale soon. I watch my home park geauga lake get closed by a greedy corporation and our historic Big Dipper get demolished and I am not going to let that happen to the blue streak. It has a ace coaster landmark award and was named one of the top 50 wooden coaster on the planet. I am trying my hardest to get the money needed to repair its lift hill so it can stay in operation I figured a forum of coaster enthusiasts would be a good place to start. If I can't post a thread about saving a historical coaster here then where can I. Old rides like this are very important to both enthusiasts and the gp alike. This ride is the last of its kind and it is sad knowing that a place like this where people claim they are enthusist remove a post to help keep a part of the community alive. Anyway I have put the link to the go fund me campaign in my bio. Please if you can't donate share this link so that we can get the word around

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hi @SaveTheBlueStreak - Welcome to CoasterForce.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

As you're a brand new member, whose first post on the forums contained multiple hyperlinks (one of which was to a GoFundMe page), our server software automatically put your post into a moderation queue, requiring one of the Admins/Mods to manually review and approve it before it's posted publicly. I can still see your post, it's still there, but carries a little note for those of us with the elevated permissions: "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

We only have a small team keeping things going on this site, so sometimes it'll take us 24hours or so to spot and action things like this.

So:
  1. Please don't post trash talk posts like this when you don't know what's going on.
  2. If you notice something funny happening with any posts you make, the first step is to reach out the Admins/Mods privately to understand what's going on.
I'm purposefully NOT going to delete this thread (or the other one), when in all honesty I should, so that anyone who has read it knows the truth and not your guesswork.

EDIT:
Ps. Your post is now publicly visibly here. I suggest you have another review of the grammar and spelling if you want this to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

rob666

Hyper Poster
Who are you?
I have been a coaster fan for fifty years, only in the last twenty years have I had decent access to coaster information from excellent...FREE...sites such as this.
They charge nothing, there is a massive sense of community, companionship and sheer happy clapping enthusiasm on this site (amongst others).
Reel your neck in, and if you want crowdfunding support, try spelling crowdfunding.
Coasters die when they are rotten and aren't economic, seen lots of coasters and parks die over the decades.
Sad but true, get used to it.

Will

Strata Poster
As you're a brand new member, who's first post on the forums
whose ;)

In seriousness, I feel we've had more than our fair share of these lately, though perhaps I'm not the only one with a bad habit of posting after one too many drinks. My two cents would be a padlock before this gets any uglier, but that's just me :)

Last edited:

emoo

Hyper Poster
I am resisting the urge to run down reasons why this would be the wrong person to give money to. Unsuitable, unqualified, unprofessional, rude.

Then question how the goal was worked out, how would the money be spent. How much did the phone calls cost, could you not find the change on the street? Where will the unspent money go.

What good is repairing a ride where the supporting attractions have already been gutted, limiting attendance further.

So... lock?

Support your own local parks with attendance when you are able and ready. Especially if you live in range of so many highly desirable rides, or just a local fair.

SaveTheBlueStreak

Roller Poster
Hi @SaveTheBlueStreak - Welcome to CoasterForce.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

As you're a brand new member, whose first post on the forums contained multiple hyperlinks (one of which was to a GoFundMe page), our server software automatically put your post into a moderation queue, requiring one of the Admins/Mods to manually review and approve it before it's posted publicly. I can still see your post, it's still there, but carries a little note for those of us with the elevated permissions: "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."

We only have a small team keeping things going on this site, so sometimes it'll take us 24hours or so to spot and action things like this.

So:
  1. Please don't post trash talk posts like this when you don't know what's going on.
  2. If you notice something funny happening with any posts you make, the first step is to reach out the Admins/Mods privately to understand what's going on.
I'm purposefully NOT going to delete this thread (or the other one), when in all honesty I should, so that anyone who has read it knows the truth and not your guesswork.

EDIT:
Ps. Your post is now publicly visibly here. I suggest you have another review of the grammar and spelling if you want this to be taken seriously.
I apologize as when the post was made it was visible to me with a "pending approval" but was still visible from the control panel. Then 5 minutes later the post disappeared completely. I guess I jumped to conclusion to early. I'm not trying to be a jerk here I just can't stand it when developers trash rides and replace them with shopping malls, condos, etc. So this is my formal apology to both the mods and the community on this site.

SaveTheBlueStreak

Roller Poster
I am resisting the urge to run down reasons why this would be the wrong person to give money to. Unsuitable, unqualified, unprofessional, rude.

Then question how the goal was worked out, how would the money be spent. How much did the phone calls cost, could you not find the change on the street? Where will the unspent money go.

What good is repairing a ride where the supporting attractions have already been gutted, limiting attendance further.

So... lock?

Support your own local parks with attendance when you are able and ready. Especially if you live in range of so many highly desirable rides, or just a local fair.
I am upset about the gutting of most of the rides and buildings on that property. But saying that there are nicer rides at other parks is the reason so many historical coasters were wrecked in favor of "better rides" that have also since been removed. You have to understand that ride is almost a century old, has been standing for 4 wars, has given rides to millions of people. It's not about what more thrilling or new its about preserving a piece of history that WILL be destroyed if somebody doesn't step in.

SaveTheBlueStreak

Roller Poster
I will accept any jokes on my bad Grammer. As a lot of the errors are mine alot of the stupid one's are due auto correct. Although I am a good at typing on a computer I am mediocre at typing on a touch screen.
The quality of posting has gone right downhill this afternoon - where the hell is @Matt N when we need him? :D
Everybody has already came to the conclusion that I suck both as a person and at Grammer. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.