What's new

If You Were Designing the Revenge of the Mummy....

Which Manufatuer Would You Choose

• I'd leave it with Premier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B&M

• Vekoma

• Intamin

• S&S

• Other

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

....Which coaster manufatuer would use choose to build it?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Premier is the only ones that build like that, so, um, Premier.

Anybody else woulda been a different ride that Universal wasn't looking for. The achieved what they wanted.

A

Anonymous

i would have gone with intamin.

vekoma are very versatile, and could have done this, and done it great, actually, and premier did do it great, but intamin would have done it better, i think. vekoma and premier simply don't deliver projects on the level of intamin.

b&m have a style, and they don't seem to want to, or be capable of, moving beyond that style. while it is a wonderful style, it is not what's nessecary for "revenge of the mummy".

s&s? i don't know. they don't have much on their resume, and it's a bit all over the place. i'm not sure if their pnuematic launches would even work well with the ride (various launches, in various directions, entered at varying speeds).

"other"? mack or gerstlauer might have been able to do it, although it would have been a huge leap for them both (less so for mack who could have used their powered coaster technology.)

joe

Mega Poster
B&M's would cost alot and the track would take up alot of space. I dont think B&Ms cars would suit this project. Like the RotM's cars B&M's are four seaters, but the Premier cars look so much better.

The S&S launch would be too powerfull, the S&S trains look nice, but they look a little too modern for this project.

Vekoma... well I think they would be a little too rough. The Vekoma track style wouldnt go well with this project IMO. I dont think the Vekoma trains would suit this and there would be alot of headbanging.

I think either Intamin or Premier. Not sure though.

Angel

Hyper Poster
From what I have heard about the ride, its an awesome ride as it is, Premier have done a good job with it, why feel the need to change something we know they do good.

So yeah if you were doing a clone or something similar I would go for sticking with Premier, we know they have done it well so why go with someone else.

I'll be able to judge next summer though ;)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Lol, I love the way Vekoma gets slammed...

I reckon Vekoma could have done it good using their new track style (bi rail and tri rail) Aparently these are very smooth, they are used on the boosterbikes and those are smooth. Also, I feel Vekoma have gone a bit daring, they love to push the bounderies more than other manufactures which is something I like.

Space Mountain (DLP) has never failed to give me a thrill, ride after ride! I love the unexpected and very forceful turns and I think (even though I've only seen POV's of the Mummy) Vekoma could have made a wild ride.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I'd leave it with Premier, it makes the coaster more unique, Premier coasters like that can't be found all over the world.

B&M would be nice, but would consist of Universal making a lot of things themlesves. B&M (maybe with the exception of the dive machine) tend to stick to the traditional method of going up the climb hill, going round the coaster and going back. ROTM requires a lot more than that, I can't imagine them making launches and turntables and stuff themelves, which would cause Universal to work more themleves ontop of themeing, ect they alreayd ahd to do.

Vekoma might have been good, but, again, Universal would have to give treatment. I don't think it's coincidence that's Disneys Vekomas are the only Vekomas I love. A Vekoma would've gone bad on ROTM's name anyway.

Intamin may have been alright, but I'm no0t a huge Intamin fan. Maybe a more intense launch, but I can't imagine Intamin getting away with having ROTM style cars, at least not with putting loads of pressure on the track.

S&S is debatable. They are really still in development with their launch coasters. Sure, Powder Keg seemed hugely successful, but I don't think that S&S could've tackled a project this big so early in their coaster manufactoring years. Then again, Premier Coaster aren't everywhere like I said earlier!

That's my theory anyway, so I'm glad Premier did it, it sets the standard for them :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, after riding RNR, I can confidently say that Vekoma would be the people that I'd pick. I mean, RNR was an absolutely awesome coaster, and Vekoma would suit the RotM project very nicely, delivering a most likely awesome ride.

kir

Hyper Poster
I've said Vekoma. I like what they've done with their previous coasters, in particular some of the phunky things they've done with Expedition Everest.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
ooo dear lord...

No. No other company could ever match Premier's job.

It's super smooth, the seats are extremely comfortable, it's not noisy, and it runs perfectly, never stacking.

I have ridden coasters from all of the above companies except for S+S (do they have any???), and I can honestly say that premier whoops them all, even B&M.

[S&S = Dodonpa, Hypersonic XLC, Powderkeg, J2, Avalanche, but no, none in UK - Rob]

Did I mention also that it gave me the most airtime I've ever had on a coaster ever? Wins hands down in my opinion...