What's new

If new Schwarzkopf-style Coasters were built...

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
Hey,

If you wanted to build a new Schwarzkopf-style Coaster (leaving out the issues of safety and implausibility etc.), which manufacturer would you have to go to? Would it be Maurer or Gerstlauer?

Thanks everyone!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Hey,

If you wanted to build a new Schwarzkopf-style Coaster (leaving out the issues of safety and implausibility etc.), which manufacturer would you have to go to? Would it be Maurer or Gerstlauer?

Thanks everyone!
I'd presume Gerstlauer; I believe that Gerstlauer started out as an electrical and parts provider for Schwarzkopf, and may still supply parts for Schwarzkopf coasters today.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Gerstlauer occupies the old Schwarzkopf factory! I'd imagine many of the machines are new, but I'm pretty sure the building is the same.

--

I'm a little confused by this question. Do you mean a transportable looping coaster? Something with a Shwarzkopf design and layout? Constructing a old Schwarzkopf coaster the exact way they were built years ago?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I am assuming you read the Quimera thread.

It is basically impossible to say as it would be a bespoke order and would just depend on who would be willing to do it (so kind of a weird question) but probably Gerst if I had to choose only because I think they have more historic connection but then that doesn't mean they would definitely want to build one. Golden horse copy modern designs down to fine details so I'm sure many modern manufacturers could make a copy of they really desired. Gerstlauer don't occupy the same factory anymore but they do still work in the same town (source of info, schwarzkopf coasters on Facebook who did a factory tour and has connections in the industry).

(I'd also dispute your safety comment to but we addressed that in the Quimera thread. Bad maintenance =\= bad design (and not all have the same design either) but whatever.)

Kinda weird question that is pretty much impossible to answer.

Last edited:

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
I am assuming you read the Quimera thread.

It is basically impossible to say as it would be a bespoke order and would just depend on who would be willing to do it (so kind of a weird question) but probably Gerst if I had to choose only because I think they have more historic connection but then that doesn't mean they would definitely want to build one. Golden horse copy modern designs down to fine details so I'm sure many modern manufacturers could make a copy of they really desired. Gerstlauer don't occupy the same factory anymore but they do still work in the same town (source of info, schwarzkopf coasters on Facebook who did a factory tour and has connections in the industry).

(I'd also dispute your safety comment to but we addressed that in the Quimera thread. Bad maintenance =\= bad design (and not all have the same design either) but whatever.)

Kinda weird question that is pretty much impossible to answer.

If I'm honest, I didn't read the Quimera thread in great detail, I asked the question as I just wanted to know. Also, I don't personally think Schwarzkopf rides are unsafe, I just put that so I didn't get replies to that effect.

I wanted to know, as if a park wanted to resurrect a Schwarzkopf design, when buying second hand wasn't possible for whatever reason.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wanted to know, as if a park wanted to resurrect a Schwarzkopf design, when buying second hand wasn't possible for whatever reason.
I suppose the biggest problem with this question is that it'll never be asked. Schwarzkopf are rides of yesteryear compared to modern developments of coaster design. Modern coasters use less materials, perform better elements, are cheaper to run and have availability of spares. It'd be a nightmare to try and design, build and operate a custom built 'new' Schwarzkopf.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
If I'm honest, I didn't read the Quimera thread in great detail, I asked the question as I just wanted to know. Also, I don't personally think Schwarzkopf rides are unsafe, I just put that so I didn't get replies to that effect.

Ok you've passed the test haha! (joke) I assumed as much because we had a discussion on ride safety andwhich companies still make Schwarzkopf replacement parts- turns out quite a few do!

I'd like to see a decent company attempt compact travellers in the style of Olympia etc but there just doesn't seem to be a market. Still stick by gerst as my answer I think. They did the replacement trains on sooperdooperlooper at Hershey so they already have that down.

Definitely recommend checking out "Schwarzkopf coasters" on Facebook if you're interested in more info as well as the Quimera thread from a couple of months ago.

Last edited: