What's new

Ideas for Thorpe Park 2015 and 2012 coaster

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
^ I wouldn't really class that as a hyper coaster but....
Plus B&M don'y really make the most compact rides do they. You could also get a Intamin Mega-Lite, what has a smaller footprint, cheaper and provides more airtime. It just would not make any sence at all if they got a B&M hyper.

andrus

Giga Poster
^I don't think a mega lite would suit Thorpe at all. It has horrible capacity at ~800pph while a B&M hyper typically has ~1600pph, i.e. the double! A mega lite provides a relatively cheap thrill for small parks while a B&M hyper is for a big park with a lot of attendance, like Thorpe.

And I was reffering to a "B&M hyper" as in the ride type "hyper" from the company "B&M" which Hollywood Dream belong to, not the expression "hyper" as in a coaster >200 feet (Coastergun wrote "B&M hyper" why I think he meant the ride type too).

Ethan

Strata Poster
owenrita121 said:
It just would not make any sence at all if they got a B&M hyper.

Just STOP. Of course it would make sense. B&M coasters look intimidating because of their track structure etc, whereas Intamins don't unless the coaster is huge (Stealth). A B&M Hyper, similar to Hollywood Dream, would fit well at Thorpe. Plus, I very much doubt the general public, or Thorpe's target market will find a fairly small drop and some corners appealing. Most people who visit Thorpe would rather see a steep 160ft drop with "well massive hills and humps!" (Not intended to be offensive)

All in all, I disagree with your statement.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Ethan said:
owenrita121 said:
It just would not make any sence at all if they got a B&M hyper.

Just STOP. Of course it would make sense. B&M coasters look intimidating because of their track structure etc, whereas Intamins don't unless the coaster is huge (Stealth). A B&M Hyper, similar to Hollywood Dream, would fit well at Thorpe. Plus, I very much doubt the general public, or Thorpe's target market will find a fairly small drop and some corners appealing. Most people who visit Thorpe would rather see a steep 160ft drop with "well massive hills and humps!" (Not intended to be offensive)

All in all, I disagree with your statement.
You seemed to only quote a small section of my post. I explained the reasons why it wouldn't make sence and where the hell would they put it.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think a B&M hyper for Thorpe is a logical rumour.

Where would they put it?

Canada Creek Railway? Though many people think there isn't enough room there. I don't know.

Ethan

Strata Poster
owenrita121 said:
You seemed to only quote a small section of my post. I explained the reasons why it wouldn't make sence and where the hell would they put it.

No I read your post, I just didn't quote it all because it wasn't worthy.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I'd love a hyper for thorpe... its possible but unlikely. However, hypers seem to spend lots of time at a condiderable elavation, so its just a matter of fitting in suppoerts and the odd track pieces that are nearer the ground.

The only problem is that in doing so they'll make Stealth look small and insignificant (Which, compared to certain coasters, it is).

I'm sure this would be popular too...isn't big one?

Ethan

Strata Poster
How would it make Stealth look "small and insignificant' when it can only be 160ft and Stealth is 205ft?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
There was reports a few weeks back from a guy who did a hard hat tour type thing of Swarm and was told their absolute max ceiling is 300ft.

Ethan

Strata Poster
But the plans said that one could be 130ft and the other 160ft. Hopefully that only applies to the 2012 and 2015 coasters. Also, the 2015 coaster can also only be 800m, like the Swarm. I don't know why there is a limit on length, but I guess a hyper for 2015 is out if that is true.

Thing is, if there was, for example, a hyper which was 300ft, would Thorpe have room? A 300ft drop tower would be nice.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Europe in general is lacking B&M hypers. As I said a while back a Hyper would be prefect for Thorpe. It already has the inversions and the speed, it needs to get into this airtime craze the seems to be popular in the industry. Even if it barely reaches the 200 foot mark if planned right it would still provide sufficient airtime.

All that being said it is highly unlikely that Thorpe will be getting one anytime soon. They seem to going with coaster that fit on their islands. I could see a B&M stand-up or something with a smaller foot print. A hyper or Mega-Lite general have a large foot print. Space is something Thorpe doesn't have.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ They would never get a Stand-up, no park would! They've got out of fashion now, plus they were never THAT good anyhow.

Agreed, Thorpe doesn't have much space, but they have the second island, the space to the right of the dome, Canada Creek and around the perimeter of the whole park. They could fit a hyper in there, but I doubt they will.

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
Quick question does anyone know what they are doing with the area where the old car ride was opposite the grill ? When I went they were building what looked like a fence around it. It maybe nothing just checking

coasterboy

Mega Poster
Just an idea, how about a clone of Superman: Ultimate Flight from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Comes in about the right size and length...

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
coasterboy said:
Just an idea, how about a clone of Superman: Ultimate Flight from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Comes in about the right size and length...

No, it doesn't, Thorpe's 2015 coaster is planned to be 50 metres, whereas Superman is only 35 metres. Although, it would be great if they did have a clone of Superman.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
I think as Thorpe have added 5 coasters in the last 10 years they should look at something else for 2015. They have a lot of water rides so I think Thorpe should consider getting a dark ride like a Vekoma Pandora's box or an Intamin multi-motion. I think both of these systems can produce thrilling rides.

In 2018 they should get a hyper coaster as the rumoured height restrictions will have lifted.

Mark

Strata Poster
If I could place money on it, I would say they will go for some kind of Hyper coaster and at least try to get the Tallest in Europe 'accolade'. Of course, they may not get the clearance for something that tall but I think that is where they will be aiming. I guess it also depends what the tallest in Europe is at that point in time too.