What's new

I'd rather have a bowl of...

I'd rather have a bowl of...

• Cornflakes because I am boring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frosties

• Cheerios (There's a whole lotta' goodness)

• Rice Krispies

• Coco Pops

• Crunchy F*ckin' Nut

• Shreddies

• Shredded Wheat

• Porridge

• Other

• Total voters

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Alright, so everyone has a favourite. What is your favourite breakfast cereal. I know I don't have them all here but I have mentioned the ones worth notifying.

I am a massive cereal fan and could quite happily live off a 100% diet of it. My favourite is a currently Crunchy Nut. Those adverts don't lie, it's that good! I am big Shredded Wheat fan as well. I know it is bland but there is something nice about it.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I'm not a big fan of cereals but the ones I would eat are Coco Pops especially when the milk turns all chocolatey. Rice Krispies are also nice when you drown them in sugar and throw some banana slices in.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Crunchy Nut are awesome, but not if you eat them all of the time. Have one box every six months or so and it's the best box of cereal ever!

Ricicles are the same too.

Frosties are a good kind of every day breakfast, they don't get boring because they're nothnig too special in the first place.

Weetabix require additional banana to make them taste nice.

Porridge, see Weetabix

Shredded Wheat? It's just shredded cardboard surely? It's the dullest, blandest, most hurty cereal ever invented. Bluergh! Though mini honey nut ones are quite good :)

Personally, I eat Sultana Bran every day. It's a good source of roughage and means I'm always missing from my desk at 10:36 a.m. ;) I can't bring myself to eat just bran flakes, it's too depressing, but the sultanas just about make it edible. I don't really enjoy it, but it's relatively good for you.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
^ The secret to Shredded Wheat is the way in which you prepare it. I really like the taste anyway so I enjoy it with cold milk. However it is lovely if you heat the milk for 3 minutes in the microwave and then chuck in sliced bannana and/or raisins.

Then agan I am a boring person because I like Vanilla Ice Cream and Digestive biscuits.

Dan, I couldn't agree more. In the summer, I was actually having cereal for my three meals.

I'd have to go with the "other" option though, because Fruity Pebbles clearly is the best cereal out there!

Error

Strata Poster
I think my favorite cereal is Chex, the corn or rice.

My family can't afford nicer cereals, so I'm stuck with cornflakes and bran flakes.

Will

Strata Poster
Agreed on the crunchy nut - on the rare occasion that I have cereal. Crunchy nut clusters are even better :) Various sorts of Grahams are similarly good, if they still exist... though they've changed their name, if I remember rightly.
Don't do milk though - soggy = bad.

Lain

Giga Poster
Weetabix minis with little chocolate bits in.

That, my friends, is the greatest cereal of all time.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think they're the same as our Frosted Shreddies over here Snoo... Too sweet for my tastes :)

Snoo

The Legend
51DfFR-58%2BL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

??

Lain

Giga Poster
I'm sure we had Chex over here at some point, but I haven't seen them since I was tiny. They do look as if they're Shreddies in a different box, though.

Ollie

CF Legend
I used to love these and had them all the time as a child. Now there's only ONE place in the whole of the UK that sells them. And it's something like £12.50 a box as they have to import them from America.
I still have no idea why they stopped doing them over here though.
lucky_charms.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
I still have no idea why they stopped doing them over here though.

It's because they're hideously bad for you... I could have just stopped at hideous actually... :p

Ben

CF Legend
Special K <3

I don't actually eat or like any cereal, but Special K are the reason I'm no longer a fat bastard, so they hold a special place in my heart.

Crippollo

Roller Poster
Crunchy F*king Nut all the way they are by far the best.
coco pops cookie crisp are ok,

although i used to love Golden Nuggets.