What's new

"Huracan" - Eurofighter for Belantis, Germany

Dave

CF Legend
Thats a different sort of eurofighter, the pull out of the lift is really big, could we maybe see a new eurofighter train?

Brookes

Giga Poster
RCDB said:
Trains: 6 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 3 rows for a total of 6 riders per car.

Most likely like the ones on Lynet, unless as you say it is a new type of car.

mikkey

Roller Poster
It`s this one http://www.rcdb.com/4121.htm from Dubai, but the coaster stays in Germany...constructions have begun!

simu.jpg

pic0.jpg

pic.jpg

http://www.belantis-board.de/

Dave

CF Legend
Ah that clears up the train confusion, this should be good :D Gerstlauer provide some great rides

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Great news! Belantis really needs a coaster like this to put it on the map. The park already has the best flat ride on the planet (Götterflug) & now it'll have a coaster to match. This baby is going to be pretty big for a Eurofighter if what I've read is true, in that it'll take up nearly 1/4 of the total park area. Don't be fooled by the number of rides, etc. because they are very spread out & the park is actually quite big as far as the amount of space is concerned.
The only thing I've read that differs from what Tony posted is that the max vertical angle will be 95 degrees, not 97.
This is the perfect excuse for me to head back to the park & ride Götterflug again. I just have to figure out a way to do a POV on that crazy flyer. :wink:

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ With a name like Gotterflug, that ride's got to be good. :p

Anyways, this coaster looks pretty cool, looks to be a good addition!

A

Anonymous

^^ Yeah Götterflug is one of the best flat's out there, especially on a windy day :)

How I miss it :(
euro200929_89.jpg

We managed over 60 flips during one cycle :D

Hopefully they can maintain this better than their Gerstlauer Bobsled they have in the park, it's one of the worst coasters I have been on...

Martyn B

CF Legend
The tower reminds me more of Fahrenheit than a standard EuroFighter. I cant see the change of train being the cause they aren't that much bigger really.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This actually looks quite cool! It does move a little away from the traditional EuroFighter, but it looks even better, sort of like a next gen. 'fighter.

But as stated, Fahrenheit does the same thing, just scaled up a notch or two. Though, this is another company with a tradition for smaller rides, and hopefully, the EuroFighters will keep evolving into something even more awesome. From VildSvinet to FVN to this one, what will be next?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
loefet said:
We managed over 60 flips during one cycle :D
It felt more like 100 when I really got it going on my second try, but I don't see how you were able to keep count. I've got to figure out a way to POV the damn thing & then I'll be able to get an accurate count, but I bet I get more than 60 rotations in one cycle. :wink:

A

Anonymous

^ I can't remember the actual figure, but it can be pretty tough to beat it, since we went there on a windy day and planned on which seat to take so that we were facing the wind the whole time. And by doing so we started flipping long before and after the whole structure rotated, and also got a really sudden flipping speed increase every time the seat was facing the wind :)
It was flipping so fast that the whole arm for the seats were moving making the whole ride a lot more nauseating than it's normally is :D

You could also get someone to do an offride while you are riding and count afterwards...

About the tower of the coaster, the reason why it isn't as tight as a normal Eurofighter is due to the use of the launcher train, it can't cope with those tight radius's as the Standard Eurofighter train...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I know what you mean about the wind, because it was pretty strong the day we went. On my second try I managed to get it to start rotating on the way up & kept it going until the ride operator yelled at me to stop when we were almost back on the ground again. I was rotating so much & so fast that rubber handle grip started slipping off. I had to let go of it & grab back on to the metal portion of the handle below the rubber part. :lol:

Jake

Strata Poster
Wow.

Not so much at the coaster, but at the park as a whole. Is it really bad that I didn't even know this park existed untill I saw this thread?

Not too excited about the coaster, as it seems like a cheap version of Fahrenheit (which I didn't actually think was that great, atall), but this park looks fab! The Pyramid water ride <3.

A

Anonymous

^^ Then I believe you, it's one of the best flat rides ever, I just hope that the updated version of the Sky-Roller will sell, so that more people can experience the insanity...

^ Yeah the Pyramid water ride is great, but the park is more of a dump really...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a dump, but after spending the morning there Aidan & I couldn't wait to head out to Freizpark Plohn to ride El Toro. That being said, I can see spending a entire day at Belantis once this beast opens. We didn't do the pyramid water ride because of the long queue line & Drachenritt had a fairly long wait, so doing those along with a bunch of re-rides on Götterflug & Anakonda could easily fill the day. I don't think there are any other rides worth doing though.

A

Anonymous

^ You need a whole day to be able to walk around the whole park :)
The reason why I see it as a dump is maybe because there were literary tenths of visitors in the park when we were there :) So the whole park were completely empty and we had to wait for more people to get enough weight on Drachenritt...
Btw, did Drachenritt also give you the "Slam into a brick wall" feel when hitting the final brakes?

I really hope that this ride will work very well for the park and seeing the themeing that they have on their other rides makes me hopeful that Anaconda will look ace.