What's new

How would you improve each coaster in your top 10?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Wow, that looks strange! Certainly not like any other B&M Hyper ever built...
I believe it was because whichever Mack in charge thought that a drop straight after the lift hill would look really ugly..

unknown.png
Thankyou for finding it, I've been looking for it for ages, and it wasn't coming up in any google search 😂

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I believe it was because whichever Mack in charge thought that a drop straight after the lift hill would look really ugly..

Thankyou for finding it, I've been looking for it for ages, and it wasn't coming up in any google search 😂

A couple of other images from original planning for Silverstar. There were a number of design changes along the way it seems.
SilverstarOriginal.jpg
SilverstarOriginal2.jpg

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
10: Raptor (CP) - Remove the several straight sections
9: Maxx Force - Make it longer, perhaps with an airtime hill of some sort
8: Cheetah Hunt - Give it new trains and you got a perfect ride
7: Magnum XL-200 - Give it news trains and/or remove the trims
6: Raging Bull - Honestly, I've really got no complaints. I guess the trims on the first camelback could be removed
5: Goliath - Do something with the final turn around, perhaps make them straight hills?
4: Iron Gwazi - Make the outer bank shorter
3: Millennium Force - Nothing really
2: Maverick - Return the heartline roll
1: Steel Vengeance - Turn off the trims on the MCBR

Last edited:

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
  • Iron Gwazi. Theme it, put in some foliage, anything is better than the expanse of concrete in the middle. It looks unfinished, and it's obvious even on the ride.
  • F.L.Y. A support act. It's the only ride in Rookburgh, it would look so much more dynamic if it weaved around a solid flat ride.
  • Ghostrider: Nothing! Maybe move it to the UK...
  • Oziris: Stick some fog in the tunnels and lush-up the green bits around the main plaza.
  • Shambhala. Hard to say with a Hyper, but maybe if the post-MCBR section was longer I guess?
  • Nemesis: Don't touch it... we're a bit late now but I'm hoping the retrack will restore it to it's 1994 state, sans rivers of blood.
  • VelociCoaster: When I first heard the name, I would have said the name... but now I'd rather see the Visitors Centre updated and modernised. That's not really the ride however...
  • Taron: Remove 'that' trim break.
  • Kondaa: I would say more theming out on the course, but as the vegetation beds in (and hopefully remains unsubmerged) it will probably solve that 'problem' over time anyway. Kondaa is a ride that needs to bed in with the scenery and gain a layer of grime. It shouldn't look new. Maybe give it a Nemesis style rusted paintjob.

Edit: Apparently I'd already responded to this thread... oh well. Things do change I guess,

Last edited:

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Couple things have changed since my last update...

Cú Chulainn - Retrack the overbank, maaaaaybe add an actual inversion

Megafobia - Retrack all of it

München Looping - Get rid of the shoulder bricks

Icon - Just speed it all up by about 5mph and see where we go from there. My last post requested the removal of the off axis hill, but after rerides I don't actually have much of an issue with it

Smiler - Nothing to do with the hardware, but replace the optical illusion room in the queue with something that connects the dystopian government theme a bit more

Stealth - Give it lap bars instead of OTSRs

Oziris - Errrrr

Saw - The Ride - Enclose and theme the MCBR, keep it turned off too

Sik - Give it theming

Big One - Add audio on the lift hill

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Steel Vengeance - Turn off trims on the mid course, and overhaul the structure so it can actually open on time.

Voyage - Engineered Precut Track and Timberliners

Maverick - New generation trains with better restraints, and a newly profiled heartline roll.

Storm Chaser - Spruce up the area around the track and queue. Kentucky Kingdom has its star attraction sitting in a bland, overgrown, sad little corner of the park.

Millennium Force - Better shade in the queue. That ramp is brutal on a hot day. Address the maintenance issues so the coaster can consistently stay open at full capacity. No more of this two trains and regular breakdowns nonsense.

Mystic Timbers - really grasping for this one. Replace the screens in the shed with practical effects, maybe an animatronic. Let’s go crazy and actually add that rumored drop track.

Orion - No more trims, and 2 more twisty airtime focused elements before the brakes.

Lightning Run - Wouldn’t change a thing.

Diamondback - What a temperamental snake. Heck of a ride when it’s running fast, but the second half crawls when the trims bite too hard. So let’s just get rid of the trims all together.

Phantom’s Revenge - add a little interesting shaping during the straight track between the first and second hill.

Changa

Mega Poster
1) TTD - Ideally, rebuild the hydraulic launch to be more reliable. But as a ride experience it was already perfect.

2) Millennium force - Add a bunny hill in place of the straight track before the last overbank.

3)  Maverick - I guess make the heartline-replacing s-bend a small, twisted hill?

4) Stealth - Nick Xcelerator's trains.

5) Formula Rossa - Move it closer to the UK! Ride-wise, tighten the last bunny hills to give a bit of airtime.

[5.5) Enso - Lower the price, the ride is incredible]

6) Nemesis - Punch up the theming to modern standards. Imo nothing about the ride iself needs changing.

7) Icon - More forceful launches, with Bunny Hills to take up the unneeded launch track.

8) Smiler - Smooth out the cobra roll.

9) Stormrunner - Have both stations running & speed up operations. (I have no clue if this does it now, I rode it ages ago)

10) El toro - Don't remember it well enough to comment. Get it working, I guess? Or move it to the UK.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
1 - Zadra - dificult to think of anything!

2 - Skyrush - Whilst I didn't have much "thighcrush" problem, I'd fix the restraints so more people can appreciate the brilliance of the ride

3 - Wicked Cyclone - again, can't think of anything

4 - Formula Rossa - Just move it into my back garden....

5 - Colossos (heide) - I love it as it is!

6 - Taron - Pass

7 - Untamed - make the shin restraints a bt more comfy

8 - Bizarro (SFNE) - 1 car was giving a much better ride than the other, so I'd tweak the lesser car a bit

9 - Lech - tone down the intensity a bit so it''s more reridable

10- Sliver Star - add another s-bend or 2!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Changed my thoughts on some, and some newcomers to the top 10.

Extra challenge of not changing the ride's actual layout.

#1 Ride to Happiness - get me on it in the summer

#2 Cu Chulainn - give it another high speed tunnel

#3 Megafobia - it's being retracked! give it a second train on school trip days

#4 Olympia Looping - get rid of the shoulder bricks, and argue with the IOC to get its original name in London

#5 Smiler - give it a fresh coat of paint

#6 Icon - spin kicker on enso, and sharpen the launches

#7 Stealth - lap bars only

#8 OzIris - give me memory of what the ride did

#9 Saw - The Ride - enclose the MCBR and give it theming

#10 Anubis the Ride - turn off the MCBR (it barely hits as is but still)

Bonus round:

Sik - add theming
Big One - ride's perfect as is change nothing about it
Heidi the Ride - give it a tunnel and a second train

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
1: Voyage: Last year I would have said retrack the first camelback and the final turn. Those are the two parts of the ride that really needed it last year. Now, guess which two parts of the ride are getting smoothed out this offseason? I genuinely cannot think of anything now. Maybe give it a 7th car again? I’d love to experience that triple down in a hypothetical row 14.

2: Iron Gwazi: Profile some of the less extreme elements more aggressively. Let’s make the outerbank as strong as SV’s and have the stall either last a lot longer or a lot shorter. The stall feels like an awkward break in pacing at the moment. A very long stall would perfectly separate the ride in half with a graceful breathing moment, and a very short, snappy stall would keep up the intensity.

3: Intimidator 305: I actually wouldn’t give this lap bars. This ride is the only one where I’d prefer the bulky Intamin vests. Instead, take off the trim on the small airtime hill. Let’s run the second half the way it was supposed to be run, huh?

4: Steel Vengeance: Fix the one evil roll inside the structure on the third lap. As of now, when the roll bottoms out, the train is on its side, giving a painful burst of laterals. It’s very funny, but it also starts to hurt after a couple of laps.

5: Skyrush: I would fix the restraints, but not the actual shape of them. Instead make it so that the restraints lock in place and don’t come down on you during positive G moments. This would increase my enjoyment of the ride tenfold.

6: Velocicoaster: Take it off express! The couple of years it had with no express were glorious, with 45 minute maximum waits on 4 trains. Now, those days are gone, and Veloci has been put on express. We will see how bad it gets, but waiting for Velocicoaster will never be as pleasant as it once was.

7: Fury 325: Take out that helix near the end, it disrupts the pacing horribly. Even if nothing is put in its place, it would be considerably better without it.

8: Phantom’s Revenge: Profile the 2nd drop to give air all the way down instead of being straight track. Everything else about this ride is pretty much perfect for what Phantom’s is.

9: Pantheon: Give it one more hard hitting element. The ride would feel so much more complete if it had one more distinct element in the layout after the top hat. Maybe a big straight air hill, or another inversion of some kind. Right now it just feels a tad incomplete.

10: El Toro: Smooth out the middle third of the ride. On a wheel seat, it’s borderline inexcusable as it is.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Not sure how I missed this topic, love these things;

Steel Vengeance - Yeah it's the cutback which is clunky, downward barrel roll ala Storm Chaser would be the bees knees.

Zadra - Another half lap with lots of airtime finishing low under the wave turn.

Lightning Rod - The original was almost perfection, I do think they could have done a lot more with the momentum at the end though, a forceful turnaround into a zero G then brakes would have finished it perfectly. However, the new ride seems to not be a patch on the prior version.

Skyrush - New style restrains/clamshells, wouldn't change anything else.

Taron - Remove the trims from the airtime hills at the end, maybe add a downward heartline to finish.

El Toro - Retrack to fix the pot holes, revamp the finish as ended a bit slowly, twisted hill after RT hill, sharp right turn, brakes.

Storm Chaser - I dunno, it does loads with it's size, maybe transport it to a nicer place, it's setting is awful. Or different restraints, minor quibble though.

Helix - The usual, dial up the launches by an extra 1or 2 mph, reprofile the final inversion to be exactly the same as Blue Fire's, reconnect track. I will die on this hill.

Outlaw Run - Remove the last inversion, it doesn't need it.

Fury 325 - It also suffers from the B&M brakerun syndrome, extend the ride along the midway. Also align the large hill before the helix to the right a bit, remove the helix and have forceful turns and airtime hills zig zagging to the end.

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
1. Fury 325 - steeper first drop, tighter helix before the finale
2. Intimidator 305 - 1-2 more airtime hills, maybe the new intamin trains but idk if the whippy transitions would work with them, not much can be done
3. Voyage - remove midcourse altogether
4. Steel Vengeance - reprofile first drop (pulls out too soon)
5. Superman The Ride (SFNE) - modern Intamin trains w/ lapbars
6. Maverick - modern Intamin trains w/ lapbars, remove/reduce trim after 2nd launch
7. Ravine Flyer II - almost that whole section from the first drop to the return bunny hill needs retracking, especially the valleys
8. Twisted Timbers - make both trains the green train
9. Shivering Timbers - retrack 1st and 2nd valleys, reprofile that one extremely gradual drop on the return section
10. Mako - turn off midcourse, less corny lift hill audio

1) Nemesis Inferno - Add 10ft or so to the height, remove the sand to give it a proper "B&M roar", add more station theming (eg, lava LEDs or rockwork or something), complete the other side of the volcano to give it a full façade.

2) SAW: The Ride - Make it a bit longer with something else the dive loop and add more outside theming.

3) Colossus - New lapbar trains with design cues taken from the old ones, rework the corkscrews so it's like an Arrow "double corkscrew" without the gap between the two and give it a full repaint.

4) Olympia Looping - Get rid of the shoulder blocks so it's just a lapbar.

5) The Swarm - Make it a bit longer by adding a dive loop into an airtime hill into the breaks after the station fly over.

6) Stealth - Replace the restraints with lapbars, make the tophat 9ft taller out of pettiness to beat The Big One, add a second airtime hill.

7) Flight Of The Pterosaur - Add a zero-g roll after the first drop.

8) The Walking Dead: The Ride - Increase the number of actors in the "cafeteria" room to 3 or 4.

9) Cobra - Give it a raised station and add a pre-lift section.

10) Velociraptor - Replace the hill over the station with an inversion (possibly a heartline roll) over the station.

Last edited:

Antonio T

Roller Poster
1) Nemesis Inferno - Remove the sand to give it a proper "B&M roar", add more station theming, complete the other side of the volcano to give it a full façade.

2) The Swarm - Make it a bit longer by adding a dive loop into an airtime hill into the breaks after the station fly over.

3) Colossus - New Mack trains with lapbars, somehow make the airtime on the hill better and give it a full repaint.

4) Olympia Looping - Get rid of the shoulder blocks so it's just a lapbar.

5) Stealth - Replace the restraints with lapbars, make the tophat 9ft taller to beat The Big One, add a second airtime hill.

6) SAW: The Ride - Make it a bit longer with a heartline roll after the dive loop, add more outside theming.

7) Flight Of The Pterosaur - Add a zero-g roll after the first drop.

8) The Walking Dead: The Ride - Increase the number of actors in the "cafeteria" room.

9) Cobra - Add a third airtime hill.

10) Velociraptor - Make it taller and replace the hill over the station with an inversion over the station.
colossus is intamin but I get what you mean