What's new

How To Ride Kiddie Coasters With Adult Rules?

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Hey everyone,

I've been looking through coaster-count.com, and I've seen a lot of adult enthusiasts have kiddie coaster credits with adult rules such as Magic Flyer at SFMM and Little Titans at Mt. Olympus.

So I decided to create a thread regarding the question. How do all of you manage to pick up kiddie credits with adult rules?

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
Hey everyone,

I've been looking through coaster-count.com, and I've seen a lot of adult enthusiasts have kiddie coaster credits with adult rules such as Magic Flyer at SFMM and Little Titans at Mt. Olympus.

So I decided to create a thread regarding the question. How do all of you manage to pick up kiddie credits with adult rules?
im struggling to understand the question? do you mean they have an age limit below the age limit of joining the site?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
For me... I've even gotten kiddie rides.... when I was of age, or before parks changed rules if adults could ride... or sometimes at park events (ACE or whatever) they'll let you have ERT or a single lap on the kid coaster. Sometimes it also hit or miss. I've never been told no at lake Compounce or Great Adventure for their kiddie coasters... but I know people who have been. Rye "never" lets adults ride their kiddie wood coaster, but they have an ACE event in a few weeks where they are letting adults ride. At Parque de Atracciones de Madrid we got ERT on both of their kid coasters before the park opened to the public, normally they are 'off limits'.

Also, I have Little Titans at Mt. Olympus <3 (with proof)

Snoo

The Legend
What's been said. As my kids are coming that age, I can use them. But without them, I usually either don't ride because I'm not that big of a whore or I go early enough in the day (first ride or one of the first), where the ride ops don't care or as CanobieFan mentioned, at a special event.

Will

Strata Poster
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I pretended to be part of a school trip in order to get Marche du Mille-Pattes at La Ronde. Nobody seemed to mind, but the operator had refused to let me on on my own the previous day.

As for Madrid, I don't remember having any issues at all?

Contacting the park in advance and talking nicely to them can work on occasion, but some parks will continue to be silly about it - and as for Go Gators, unless they're at a dodgy seaside place where nobody cares, they do tend to be a dead loss.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I pretended to be part of a school trip in order to get Marche du Mille-Pattes at La Ronde. Nobody seemed to mind, but the operator had refused to let me on on my own the previous day.
Holy ****! Really? Wow.
giphy.gif

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Here's a thought... a bit of an outlandish thought I'll give you that... but maybe, just maybe, you could all just think about... I dunno... having some dignity and not riding all the crappy little kiddie creds?
They're for kids! And not just any kids - really, really small kids, like, 3 and 4 year old kids.

Get a grip! Fuxake.
;)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Rye "never" lets adults ride their kiddie wood coaster, but they have an ACE event in a few weeks where they are letting adults ride.
I’m going to that the day after tomorrow. I never thought I’d make any trip just to ride a kiddie credit, but this one is pretty special as it’s quite old. ACE will even be doing one of their plaque-bestowing ceremonies.

That said, Playland is a quick train-ride from my home in NYC, so it’s not much of a trip.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I had looked into flying up there from Orlando just for it :X Flights were going for $200ish and I have a friend who lives in the area.... but since I'll be visiting my family in Massachusetts in 2 weeks... and then doing the Pacific Northwest a week after that.... I decided against it :\

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Personally, I have half the “fuxake it’s a kiddie ride” attitude of Howie (even if he meant it tongue in cheek), and half the “C’mon, a credit is a credit” attitude.

That means I’ll ask politely but a. I don’t like asking (and sometimes I don’t like riding when there’s a crowd of parents watching their children go round and round with one adult cretin who’s probably a manchild or a pedo), and b. I certainly don’t make any fuss when denied or try to recruit a child (again, the manchild or pedo syndrome times 10).

What that all means is I actually really wish there were a catalog or list somewhere telling me in advance which parks allow adults on their kiddie rides, as then I would know where I shouldn’t bother. This is actually something I’ve thought of many times — I’d really love such a list, though I can’t imagine anyone would bother to make it.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I had looked into flying up there from Orlando just for it :X Flights were going for $200ish and I have a friend who lives in the area.... but since I'll be visiting my family in Massachusetts in 2 weeks... and then doing the Pacific Northwest a week after that.... I decided against it :\
Wow. What is the draw for you? Me, I’ve been curious about the coaster since I saw it featured in a TV show decades ago, and I like the idea of completing the park’s credits, and I don’t need too much of an excuse to head back to Rye and hang out with ACE people.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I don't know... Uh, forbidden fruit? I've seen it in person +10 times and never been able to ride it... And its got historic value, I guess.. And its rare being a kiddie wood and also one of just a handful of North American wood coasters I've not ridden. My upcoming PNW trip will/should get me 5 more... 3 of them being personal bucket list coasters. And of the 123 North American wood coasters currently operating, I've been on 107 of them. Rye Kiddie and and this Giant Dipper being the only ones I've seen but not ridden.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I don't know... Uh, forbidden fruit? I've seen it in person +10 times and never been able to ride it... And its got historic value, I guess.. And its rare being a kiddie wood and also one of just a handful of North American wood coasters I've not ridden. My upcoming PNW trip will/should get me 5 more... 3 of them being personal bucket list coasters. And of the 123 North American wood coasters currently operating, I've been on 107 of them. Rye Kiddie and and this Giant Dipper being the only ones I've seen but not ridden.
Wow. That last reason is a good one! Just checked and apparently I’m at 64 woodies.

All North American wood coasters seems to me like a great goal, especially as all the restricted kiddie coasters make completing the steel coasters so impossible.