What's new

How painfull is Colossus at thorpe park ??

How painfull is Colossus and thorpe park ??

• Broken bones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ow i popped my back

• Very

• Bit shakey

• Can be painfull

• Dunno, never been on it ...

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Just tell how painfull and like a blender you think it is

Ben

CF Legend
Colossus is simply DEATH incarnate. Vooomm... SMASH SMASH CRASH BANG WALLOP OW, WTF?

Basically, it's a Vekoma in disguise.

Sam

Giga Poster
Yes it's painful, at times it can be OK but on the whole it is painful. Though those who are like "omgzzz itz like da most fakin painful ****z eva" need to go for a ride on Great American Scream Machine.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I have never found Colossus 'rough', I have never banged my head whilst I'm on it, I just find it very 'rattly' and this makes for a horrible noise.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, like Martin, I don't really find it painful, I haven't ever banged my head on the restraints or anything, you can just feel it shaking a bit underneath you [imo]...so "Bit Shakey" for me...

I would never describe it as painful though, since, it doesn't hurt [me]...

kimahri

CF Legend
The only painful thing abotu colossus for me was I kicked the car by accident which hurt my big toe :( but it was a "bit shakey"

Will

Strata Poster
It's not something I'd immediately compare to a blender, but it's far from being comfortable. Even near the front, you'll need to tense up entering the cobra roll.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
It sertainly aspires to be a Vekoma. God alone knows why.

I's headache inducing. Bad trains. One of the trains isn't so bad.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The trains are terrible. There's not even enough leg room for a short arse like me. It doesn't feel rough on the whole body, it just bashes my ears badly...and I always brace myself!

Then again, cobra rolls and corkscrews are rough inversions generally imo.

The inline twists and verticle loop feel fine though.

Steven

Giga Poster
Broken Bones for me and my dad. I cannot sit in the back because I have to big "shoes". My dad is too tall so he cannot go on it at all and I well struggle! Hurts but still like it.

Well, I think sometimes the people who have been on Colossus exaggerate a bit, because there are a lot rougher coasters out there, I'm sure. Considering Intamin is a good company, their worst coaster is probably as bad as Togo's best coaster.

So, my conclusion is that it's rough for Intamin standards, but not rough in terms of all coasters.

Mike

Giga Poster
I sometimes get a cramp in my legs from the lack of leg room (especially at the back), but most of the time it's not that painful.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Well, I think sometimes the people who have been on Colossus exaggerate a bit
Definately. But it is one of the UK's roughest and as a NEW Intamim, it's a joke.

But everything in the UK is exagerated i've decided anyway.

Ben

CF Legend
Oh, I dunno so much. I've been on ROUGHER coasters, like Pinfaris, but not more PAINFUL coasters. The crushing, the pain, the roughness, ugh it kills me. Obviously, it effects people differently due to size, the way people ride etc.

In fact, the only other coaster I came off thinking "Ow, WTF was that DELUGE of pain?" was, yep, GWAZI!

Mat

Hyper Poster
If I sit in any seat in the front two cars then I find that it isn't, but go to the back and on the cobra roll it is so **** rough and I allways have my head as far out of the restarint as possible, but even that doesnt work.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Never felt a jot of pain on it. Didn't really notice any 'rattling' either, though I suspect that was because I was too busy going 'Wheee!' The trains aren't good, but they're ok once I get in. Lack of legroom doesn't bother me much, it's a coaster, not a sofa! Maybe I'm the perfect height for it (6"2' for the record), my sister got a bit of a head bashing on it and she's shorter than me. She didn't complain about it though - then again she's not an enthusiast and didn't moan and moan cos it's not as smooth as a B&M :p

A

Anonymous

It feels like broken bones, so I put that. It's the 2nd roughest I've ridden. Only with Corcscrew (AT) is death sure for me.