• 15-21 (up to 3 per day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22+ per week

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Honey, that "thirsty" and "groggy" feeling? That's called a hangover.

These days I'll have a big night out once every 3 weeks or so, unless I'm on holiday then it will be a bit more often. It's probably more due to being back in Wrexham and there not being much going on here. There's loads of bars and clubs here, but my friends in this area don't tend to go out that much these days (married, kids etc.), so there's no incentive.

When I was living somewhere more interesting, I'd go out most Friday and Saturday nights. Uni, obviously, was slightly more often.

I don't drink at all during the week, or if I'm staying in at the weekends. The only time I've ever drunk "alone" is if I'm getting ready to go out and just having a couple of glasses head start.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
At uni I drunk a lot. I was a geologist at an English uni, so there was a BIG drinking culture. Morning was an Irish hot chocolate on the way in, followed by two beers for lunch. Then people passing vodka in tango bottles round the lecture hall (black bottles so you can't see whats in them). Then home for a nap and then 'turbo drink' vodka cheaply before pub for four or five beers, then four or five doubles at a club. The club bit happened maybe three or four times a week. Field trips were worse. I could easily get through a bottle of vodka by myself. I could down a pint with ease. But the only thing I can't stand is tequila!

Then I grew up a bit. I only have a big night once a month or so now. Average pub night once, twice a week I'll have two or three pints. I drink a lot more beer now as opposed to lager. I dont really like wine as it gives me a headache, but love aniseed spirits and whisky. Nom.

I try not to drink too much as hangovers last all day, and I don't like how aggressive I get when I'm drunk.

I do drink on my own, but only one or two. Unless I'm really upset or something and want to feel sorry for myself.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Aaaal olt, but the looks of thinsg....

reddude333

Giga Poster
I don't drink...I'm underage and what little I have had of alcohol was not particularly enjoyable to me. Even if I did, I wouldn't drink to get drunk. I suppose I will drink a bit when I'm 21+ but I don't see it as being a big deal for me...

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
^That's exactly what I used to think, but things really started to change when I got older. Of course there are plenty of other things to do that are even more fun, but alcohol does prove for a good time. (If you're with friends and in good spirits. Honestly, I think drinking alone is just sad.)

I'll let you know, however, I am not encouraging underage drinking. I am just providing my own viewpoint.

Ah, if only I were 21 or lived anywhere else in the world...
What's the British view on the 21 drinking age?

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well, considering I'm finishing up my second year of uni and I'm only 10 months from being 21, I don't see anything changing in this short period of time. So it's not like I'm not "older" as you put it, I just have chosen not to partake that's all. Personal choice.

[Edit: Previous comment from F.A.S.T. = gone in the blink of an eye]

thx

Mega Poster
I usually drink twice a week, sometimes 3 times if there's a special birthday party or special occasion or so. Since I started studying in uni, my alcohol consumption and tolerance has gone up like crazy, mainly due to the social drinking that's quite ingrained in a student dominated city. Now if I go out clubbing (at least once a week), I'll usually have a bottle of wine (or equivalent amount of mixed drinks) and 3 beers (~5% 33cl) for predrinks and then another 2-5 or so beers (or change 1 beer to a 4cl shot) inside. At times though I do go out completely sober to a club, depends on the place of course. Some places, as bad as it sounds, you just can't tolerate completely sober. However if nobody went out or no events took place I'm pretty sure I'd drink just once a week or less, but there's always something going on.

gavin said:
The only time I've ever drunk "alone" is if I'm getting ready to go out and just having a couple of glasses head start.
Same goes for me.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
F.A.S.T said:
What's the British view on the 21 drinking age?

It's retarded. You can send 18 year-olds out to Iraq, but they can't buy a beer to celebrate not being blown up "for their country" when they get home.

Stupid.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I used to go out two to 3 times a week and drink pint after pint of Magners before moving onto jagerbombs then passing out on a sofa or bench.

Now I drink much less, mainly because i'm a tight-arse. An occasional glass of wine with a meal and the odd bourbon and coke when i'm unwinding at home is then norm for me. If I do go on a night out now i'll drink lager, usually Erdinger, Peroni or Bud if I can get it. I probably go out drinking less than once a month on average nowadays.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Less than once a week.

At school we went out every Friday (or Saturday) for a night at the bars and usually got wasted..or we'd have parties at our place.
Not to mention there was always beer or liquor at our apartment for casual enjoyment.

Since graduating I barely ever drink. Really it's social. For football season we'd go out and watch the game, have a few beers, or when out with friends, but that's it really.
I like some alcohols and like drinking, just not that big a thing.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll drink about once a month or so. I don't see the need to go out and get **** up every weekend including Thursdays. When I do drink, I'll get drunk, but I do know when to stop myself, which means my hangovers end up being fairly mild. Towards the end of this past semester, we got to the point where we would get bored and drink every weekend.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
In my first & second year of college I used to drink pretty heavily on weekends. It never really affected my academic performance but it definitely put me more out of shape than I wanted to be. Third year I started to get things back under control and fourth year I curtailed my drinking to a pretty reasonable level. I don't drink with the intention to get blasted like I used to, nor do I drink as often.

I still enjoy drinking socially, though, but now I just drink what tastes good instead of what I know will get me **** up. There are several liquors I really like and I LOVE craft beer, so a good night for me might involve drinking a few beers, maybe some liquor, and getting a solid enough buzz to feel good that night without my head feeling like a melon the next morning.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I drink on maybe 2-4 nights a week, on those nights it's usually 1 drink (pint of beer, good size glass of wine), usually with a meal - I'll rarely have more than 2 drinks in a day, and some weeks I'll have none.
basically - if I fancy a drink, i'll probably have one - and don't have a problem with over drinking.

I enjoy the taste of a good wine or beer, but don't like getting drunk.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I haven't had a sober weekend since I've been back in Houghton. At the same time, I don't always get sloshed and I've been frequenting the gym more.