Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 15-21 (up to 3 per day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22+ per week

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
Seems to be the basis for a lot of topic for discussion around here at the moment, and I know there are a lot of strong opinions on the subject. So, how much do you drink. I can't be bothered with units and whatever, so I'm just going to write it as literal drinks. (it's quite hard to gauge a scale, so the poll is merely to act as secondary to the discussion ;])

I probably go out clubbing about once, maybe twice a month and will probably drink about 3-4 fruit ciders (Brothers, or similar) then maybe a couple of Coronas or Desparados. So I'd call it 6-7 drinks on a night out, beginning at say 9pm and ending at 3am.

This is really the only time I drink. I don't drink with meals, or even at the pub (I might have one but then switch to Coke). If I drink it is to get drunk. I don't really enjoy the taste of alcohol so only drink it with that purpose in mind. I also can't deal with hangovers so the less often I get drunk the better because I just do not like feeling like that.

Sam's family, and other friends, think I'm weird because I don't have alcohol with my food or even drink that much in the pub, but the truth is I'd rather have something that I actually want to drink (unless I'm out clubbing or at a party or something).

It's funny (well, not really) because Sam's mum will drink a bottle of wine every single night with her dinner like it's nothing and will go out most weekends drinking spirits and wine together. Recently she's been quite ill because of it and yet I'm still the one who gets a funny look for turning down a glass of wine XD.

So, how much do you drink?

Will

Strata Poster
'My name's Will [Hi, Will...] and it's been 747 days since...'
Jesus, is this CF or AA I'm posting on at the moment?!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSX86zPnUkY[/youtube]

I think you know the rest as well as I do by now - but I'm confident I fit as much drinking into 4 years as a lot of people manage in a lifetime.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
It honestly depends on if I can be bothered. I'm like Jordan in that I'd rather drink something with a meal that I think tastes really nice than something that's twice as expensive and not as nice...plus fizzy drinks are usually bottomless so that's another point. I always have a Bud or Magners/Brothers/Bulmers with my dad when we have a meal. It's been tradition for a while and it just feels nice.

However I'd drink quite a lot at every Chessy social to the point I wouldn't even remember where half my money went or what the hell I did. Most times it was fun, others it wasn't. It definitely felt 'right' though. Even if it did involve going on drunk escapades back from Kingston/Chessy/Surbiton using night buses at like 4am.

I think I'm still trying to find my 'limit'. I certainly don't feel like I need alcohol to have a good time. I think for me it depends where I am and who I'm with. I've never drank by myself at home because that's just a bit lame ha.

Will

Strata Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
I've never drank by myself at home because that's just a bit lame ha.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it :p
As long as you lock away phone, computer etc. there's nobody to make a berk of yourself in front of, and nobody to remind you of it in the morning.
Unfortunately, it's easier said than done.

Ben

CF Legend
I probably have a drink once a week.

Really nothing crazy.

More than one once every few weeks.

Uni was a long time ago <//3

Snoo

The Legend
^That. I was probably borderline alcoholic a few years back but now.. once a month if that.

I'm much the same as you, Jordan. If I'm drinking, it's usually with the intention of getting drunk or a buzz, because I hate the taste of almost all alcohol. I also don't go out much because it's pricey and there are lots of other things I like to do more than drinking. Before I started working on weekends, I went out usually once a week or once every two weeks, which was quite a lot for me, but now that I work it's literally like, maybe once or twice a month. I do drink at work occasionally, but that's not proper partying or going out!

When I'm out I usually drink a lot. I figure if I'm doing it once or twice a month, I might as well get quite drunk. Usually I have about two shots of tequila, three or four mixers with vodka, and maybe one or two Jagerbombs. But, now I know that my body hates Jager even if it's only one shot of it, so I steer clear!

jayjay

Giga Poster
I have to be in the mood for drinking. And usually it's only one or two pints of cider just to get me in the 'relaxed' zone. If I'm at a party or a club, I'll have something to make me feel less awkward at dancing, but most of the time I just have soft drinks (great financial strategy for uni!).

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Alcohol upset my stomach often after the dodgy eating habits of the Summer of 2010...

Since then, barely anything, I've had a bit of WKD and a shot of Malibu since... Cannot be arsed with it when I get just as hyper off Coke anyways...

Cheaper too...

jokerman

Giga Poster
I drink quite a lot at the beginning and end of term, but have a few weeks in the middle where I won't drink anything. I used to be very much the "I only drink to get drunk" type, but I find myself more and more now having just one drink, but on a slightly more regular basis.

peep

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
I probably go out clubbing about once, maybe twice a month and will probably drink about 3-4 fruit ciders (Brothers, or similar) then maybe a couple of Coronas or Desparados. So I'd call it 6-7 drinks on a night out, beginning at say 9pm and ending at 3am.

This is really the only time I drink. I don't drink with meals, or even at the pub (I might have one but then switch to Coke). If I drink it is to get drunk. I don't really enjoy the taste of alcohol so only drink it with that purpose in mind.

That is exactly what I do, but replace the Coronas/Desparados with the cheapest beer poss. Oh and I usually mix a mass of shots and cocktails in between the ciders because I'm a crazy mofo. If I'm going to drink something nasty I want it to get me to a point about not caring how awful it tastes, it makes me relax and enjoy myself.

I've only had like 3 or 4 hangovers ever and I've never puked all over the place, though my first hangover (had to be a day of work too #learnt from mistake) I was nearly ill enough to throw up. So glad everyone else in the office that day felt the same if not worse lol, Christmas parties, what ya gonna do?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Probably twice a week (always at a weekend). I'll never turn down a drink. I'm probably officially an alcoholic but I don't cause anybody else any harm.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Unlike others, I enjoy the taste of alcoholic drinks - so it's easy to drink. I tend to drink at weekends on a Friday and Saturday night. If there is alcohol in the house, I'll drink it. It's not a good thing, so I tend to keep alcohol out of the house to remove the temptation. I've definitely got an "addictive personality" and I'm hedonistic so having alcohol around is a bad thing.

Luckily, I drive. I'd say I only drink if I'm going to get "drunk" - that means enough to make me feel good, which is definitely over the limit. So refusing to drink and drive, I tend to just not drink at all in most situations like going to pubs for a meal, concerts, theme parks, etc. Certainly helps me keep my drinking right down.

I also like to go weeks here and there without anything. I think it's three weeks since my last drink (when was it Marc and Mark were here?) It's simply to keep the alcoholism at bay and to ensure I don't fall into a habit (it's Friday night, must have a drink).

I tend to drink a lot less these days. I used to go through two-three bottles of wine in a night of a weekend, but it usually takes me three days to drink three bottles now. Probably 5-6 pints is a lot for me to drink nowadays.

I tend to drink more when I have company, because it's a social thing.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I wouldn't just casually have a drink in the evening, but I do go out a lot and get pretty wasted... 2 nights out a week mostly.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I'm a social outcast at uni, and I've not even had a sip of alcohol in almost 2 months now. I am known to occasionally have one or two quiet ciders on my own purely to enjoy the taste, but I'm not a big drinker.

I'll say less than one per week, unless there's a party or special occasion.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ready for a light weekend...
IMAG0109.jpg

;)