What's new

How much do you care?

nadroJ

CF Legend
So, this week Disney released plans for an Avatar themed area to be built in Animal Kingdom. This was the worst news I heard all day and it genuinely put me in a bad mood, like, my gut actually wrenched and I feel really disappointed and let down.

The same thing happens when I see parks like Chessington, which have SO much potential, not being able to progress in a good way for one reason or another. I feel a genuine sense of frustration and it really can affect my mood for the day.

So it occurred to me that I really do care about parks and the decisions they make, especially parks close to me or parks I care a lot about (such as Disney).

So, do you care?

Snoo

The Legend
Not really. Only when I see things just ran into the ground, like Geauga Lake, do I care a lot. Other than that.. meh.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I'm kinda with Snoo on this one. Only when a park, with a gross amount of potential, gets shut down (Geauga Lake) do I really care a lot.

Still havent forgiven Kinzel either and I wish mass amounts of hurt upon him.

I'd possibly care a little bit if a park got rid of my favorite ride there, but it is how things roll, so it wouldn't be a dire tragedy, more like a bruise or small cut.

So yea, outside of park closing down I frequent, then it really doesn't bother me much.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Martyn B

CF Legend
If its just parks in the UK being silly (except Alton), then I dont really care that much to be honest. But, I can understand how you feel about Disney, it does seem like they have lost their imagination, which is a MASSIVE loss to the theme park world really.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Depends on the park.

If FL started to go down the **** I'd be a bit gutted, got a soft spot for the place.

If it was Alton I'd be annoyed more than anything, anything else like Thorpe or BPB I'd probably laugh.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Depends on the situation, as mentioned above i hate it when parks close down, the whole Six Flags New Orleans situation is slightly saddening. But what really eats me up is the fact i never got a chance to go to American Adventure, some might say "you`re not missing much" but knowing ill never be able to experience what it was like is abit of a bummer.

With regards to current parks and the decisions they make, it annoys me sometimes when UK parks make questionable choices, but theres not much you can do about it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
But what really eats me up is the fact i never got a chance to go to American Adventure, some might say "you`re not missing much" but knowing ill never be able to experience what it was like is abit of a bummer.

I've visited AA, and I still feel that way. I think it was 2006, most rides were closed/fallen apart, it was a very sad trip really. The whole AA story is quite sad to be honest.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^I went there when I was really young, I never had chance to go back and ride the big attractions though, it's a shame.

Avatar land sounds kind of silly, I'm starting to get sick of brands actually, sure they're going to attract a lot of people, but Avatar land!? :?

Colossus

Giga Poster
^^ Yes I can imagine you`re trip there at that time would have been sad, I would imagine it would be horrible seeing the park in such a state of decline.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Doesn't bother me at all really. If a park has made a **** decision or I disagree with points people make on here regarding parks, coasters etc., I'll have a good rant in the topics, sure.

Once I've logged off CF that's it though; I've got more important things to spend time thinking/worrying about to be perfectly honest.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love theme parks. Well, I love visiting theme parks and I want the next one to be as good as the last.

There are certain parks that I couldn't give a toss about, namely Disney. Their parks don't interest me in the slightest.

I have a medium sized pool of parks that I'm attached to, either down to a personal affection or on a "professional" level. I care about them.

If Disney or Camelot disappeared tomorrow, I wouldn't cry or even laugh, I'd just go "meh". It all depends on the park and how likely I am to visit it.

Ultimately, if a theme park is making people happy then I'm happy.

Darren B

Giga Poster
This works 2 ways for me, I don't care for disney but lets say for the discussion i do, this announcement is out of the blue to me so its a positive, its a new attraction so it can only be a good thing and you know disney will do an amazing job of it full stop. However on the other side i will use PortAventura's impending announcement, Im expecting a very large B&M hyper or at worst an Intamin hyper, im that excited about it infact im making Salou my summer holiday, However if it turns out to be something on a much smaller scale im going to be pissed!!

I think parks make stupid moves and stuff, but I don't let myself cry over it really. In the end, I'm not the professional; they should know what's good for their parks and what will draw in a crowd. They're not personally tailoring their parks for me, so I don't get too stressed out over it.

As for parks going under, like Geauga Lake, that can upset me especially since my enthusiasm started with that park and I had a lot of memories there.