• something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sorry, it's one of those topics which doesn't need much thought but sort of interesting none the less.

How do you secure your loose articles, such as wallets, mobile phones, keys etc when on a ride?

I tend to use zip pockets or deep combat trouser pockets and will actually clothes shop with coasters in mind :oops:

Ignore glasses as I know you all use a CF Glasses strap, which are ready to buy for £3 from the CF-Shop. [/plug]

So yeah, mindless topic but and easy one to post it! Hurrah!

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Shove them up my ass.
Nah just zipped pockets or if they are not so valuable ill just leave them in my pockets, un zipped or zipped.

Mike

Giga Poster
Put them in a bag and leave the bag at the side of the ride or with a Bag Lady.

If neither of these options are available, then zip pockets FTW.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I usually use zip pockets but I used a bag this year on my Spain trip but thats because I had to carry sun cream and my camera so usually zip pockets especially at fairs.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
In my jeans pockets. Jeans - good for hiding semi's, good for keeping valuables in place on rides :)

Rich Bacon

Roller Poster
Wallets (Especially on B&Ms): Put in front pocket, then pin down with the restraint.

Mobile: Use a neck strap and loop it round a belt loop (if that makes sense. And then put in pocket. 100% safe.

Keys/Coins: Zip pokets

Rach

Giga Poster
I usually only have one item that is usually in my pocket that I have to secure and that is my phone.

It either goes in my bag and in the bag racks in the stations, or it will go in a zipped pocket if I have one, which is rarely. I have forgot to take it out on Oblivion once. If i have a neck strap with the phone on then i'll take it on ride and secure it under a jacket.

To make that simple, it goes in my bag most times.

A

Anonymous

It used to be unzipped pockets for me, but then I realised how unsafe it was after I went on Speed and Slammer, coins fell out on Speed and I Nearly lost my phone on Slammer, managed to catch it and get a photo (thank god!!). Eventually I lost my phone on Vampire at GF III.
So, I started using zipped and buttoned ones. Eventually, I realised how uncomformable it was when you have a lot of things in your pockets, so now I usually use a back pack and put it on the side cupboard of the ride in the hope it doesn't get stolen by the train in front of me. Nothing bad has happened to my belongings since I started doing that. :wink:

(Oh, and Ian... can ya sell me a glasses strap at GhosterFOURce please? I'd buy it online, but I don't have paypal (and prefer not to get it))

Well, since I believe I'm so above fanny packs and the like, and I also don't wear big shorts with pockets, I usually just give them to someone who isn't riding, or someone who is riding that has pockets.

So yeah, no fanny packs for Tay, just pawning my stuff off on other people.

Martyn

Giga Poster
I give my bag to Kaz, she's very good at looking after it :lol:

Wallet, phone and keys generally stay in my jeans pockets because they're not going to fall out.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Hmmm...

Well 2 years ago I used to wear these really ugly blue cargo pants, but they had zipper pockets so I'd never lose anything.

But this year I tend to wear stuff that doesn't have great pockets. At BGE I actually stuck my cell phone in my shoe when I was riding and sat on my hat (park policy)

Other times I'll just keep the cell phone in my front pocket but thats also how El Toro killed my sister's $300 digital camera at the CF-Live.

A

Anonymous

Martyn said:
Wallet, phone and keys generally stay in my jeans pockets because they're not going to fall out.
That's the exact same thing I thought when I lost my phone on vampire...

Lain

Giga Poster
furie said:
In my jeans pockets. Jeans - good for hiding semi's, good for keeping valuables in place on rides :)

Word. :lol:

And if I have a bag with me, all the stuff goes in there and stays with the bag lady, or goes in the cupboard on the ride.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm always in jeans, so I leave my wallet and phone in my pockets and they naturally get "pinned" in when I sit down. I've always got a bag with me though, so camera, keys and other random crap stays in there.

danielmopgs

Roller Poster
I nearly always where stuff with zipped pockets in but sometimes i take a bag which i leave with somebody who doesn't go on the rides.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I use storage bins full force, especially in that I hate having a bunch of junk in my pockets which I'm making sure not to bang around while riding.

The only two time I don't use the bins and use pockets is TTD and MF, as they're unload station is seperate from their load station, a very annoying quirk.