What's new

How cautious are you about your seat belt?

How cautious are you about your seat belt?

• I let the ride-op tighten it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I tighten it and then let the ride-op tighten it

• I tighten it, then let the ride-op tighten it, and then I tighten it again myself

• Total voters

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
I was randomly thinking about this earlier today..........

When you have a coaster (or any ride really) with a seatbelt, how cautious are you about making sure it is tight/secure?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I put it on in order to help with load speed, as well as hoping to luck out with a "looser" ride by not putting the belt or bar on as tightly as possible.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
with disdain against the Airtime Gods! :razz:

RCF

Strata Poster
I'm usually a pretty big pussy when it comes to seatbelts. well, eh it depends. Usually I'm always paranoid even though I know better

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just like getting in a car, I put my belt on naturally without thinking. It's a natural instinct, as it is with well-trained ride ops to check it.

Nope, not cautious at all.

Ollie

CF Legend
I put it on myself but I didn't realise you could tighten it. I just clip it in how it is.

A

Anonymous

I put it on myself to speed up loading and try to get it as loose as possible. But it all comes down to the ride/ops on how I have my belt...

The only way to ride Balder is standing up :p

Lofty

CF Legend
I usually put the belt on. Tighten it. Let the ride-op check it, then loosen it slightly. So I'm not absolutely crammed in (if they've pinned me in, if they haven't, I usually just leave it)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Automatically put it on as soon as I get on the ride. I tend to tighten it so I can feel it a little bit on my hips, but loose in my lap.

It should be the bar that keeps you in, seat belt is a backup. My sister has been on Grand National at Blackpool without any restraints (Bazpa has too). I may have done, but I can't remember, too young :lol:

I think first ride on a coaster I tend to be more cautious, then subsequent rides I'll go looser once you know what the chances are it'll chuck you out. Always ride with it fastened though, if I did come out and die, I wouldn't want a ride op to get in trouble for my own stupidity.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'll always do it up and tighten it lightly. I like it to be secure but not crushing. For my first ride on coasters I tend to semi-staple myself until I'm more sure about how the coaster rides, then I'll get myself some room to enjoy the ride properly (anyone remember Diamondback at the Live? ;) ).

So yeah, I'll tighten it a bit, let the ride op check it, then just adjust it some I'm comfortable with it on the lift/launch.

I put it on and let the ride op tighten it but if it's too tight I usually loosen it back up to the point where, if anything DID happen, I probably wouldn't fly out, but I'm not restrained from getting good airtime.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
eh

Hyde244 said:
with disdain against the Airtime Gods! :razz:
I am always overly safe but I never feel restricted from getting good airtime.

How loose are your seat belts? :?:

And does the tightness of the seatbelt matter if there is a lap bar over it in terms of air time?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: eh

bizarrofan10 said:
And does the tightness of the seatbelt matter if there is a lap bar over it in terms of air time?

It does if you have the lap bar on one click ;)

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ I can never do that, as the lap bar always defies my intentions and falls down on its own. :(

As to the question, I tighten it as soon as I get on the ride, keep it as loose as possible without raising suspicion, and then adjust it once the ride's started.

And, obviously, I never undo it or make it so loose it's unsafe. :p

A

Anonymous

^ The way to get around the "lap-bar falling down" bit, just pull it upwards on the bottom of the hills and stand up over the hills, works for me :)

T0M

Hyper Poster
On Grand National it isn't usually checked, and I take it off once the train departs anyway. I also bring my knees up as high as possible to try and get as much movement as I can. Same with The Ultimate and any roughty toughty non inverting veteran...

kimahri

CF Legend
I put it to where I want it, then the ride oP is like:

trollface.jpg

"No, Lol."

Then they staple me.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^HAHAHAHAHA!! Don't rightly know why, but that has just absolutely cracked me up. I'd go as for to say it's made my day!

****ing excellent!