What's new

Hornets Nest Page On LWV Wesite?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I spotted that earlier. Didn't concern me as it's a ride that I do not enjoy. It's a fairly recent addition to the park so unless they are hitting hard times or about to undertake a huge makover, it's probably only down for the season.

LWV us a bloody enigma at the moment.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Yeah seems to be gone for good, when I last visited the ride was being deconstructed & that top area was closed off.

trav

Mega Poster
There is a sign in the park that says that it will be removed from the park at the end of this year.

Quite sad really, I never got to ride it :/

Mark

Strata Poster
Indeed Taylor.

They are very much a meh ride. Not wonderful but not awful. Very non descript tbh. But for Lightwater Valley this isn't so good. They don't have the most enormous selection of rides and it's a shame they are having to remove something so soon after installing it.

I believe it originally came to them from Southport didn't it? I remember when we did it last year and it seemed to have quite a few cars broken then, so it's only going to have gotten worse I suppose.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Yeah it was called Chaos when it was at Pleasureland. I never did it at Southport and wasn't too bothered to do it at Lightwater.

The only thing I would be worried about that another ride down means the queues for The Ultimate will be longer. Their line up is looking pretty **** at the moment apart from The Ultimate so hopefully this new attraction they are planning will be finalized soon.

neo

Mega Poster
This is what General Manager, Mark Bainbridge said about the ride in late 2008:

Valley Mania Interview said:
Hornets Nest is still proving problematic. What is the current situation regarding the ride and can we expect it to be operational in 2009?

Hornets Nest was not the best purchase we’ve made. The ride came with a lot of hidden faults / problems and after sales service from the manufacturers is painfully slow. On reflection and because of the aforementioned, I can now add that we have taken the decision early to withdraw Hornets Nest with immediate effect as other serious technical problems have been identified which would require major investment to rectify. Investment we feel could be spent better elsewhere.

The full interview is available through the link: http://www.valleymania.co.uk/interview2.php

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It spent more time down that up at Southport - they could have asked me if it was worth buying and I could have told them not :lol:

It was really painfully obvious the ride at Southport was shot, and the fact that they were all removed from permanent places across the US because of major issues - it should have told somebody something?

Seriously, if you're running a theme park and looking at buying a ride - do just the tiniest bit of research???

marc

CF Legend
Went on it last year, did not enjoy it so would not have gone on it again.

I think they are right to leave the ride and not waste more money on it.