What's new

Holt - Launched Eurofighter (Complete)

NickkyG

Mega Poster
A new coaster being constructed in the heart of an english forest.

Holt is a launched Eurofighter featuring two inversions, three airtime hills. The launch reaches 47mph. Construction will be completed soon!

holt1.jpg

holt2.jpg

It's my first 'proper' coaster so don't expect ultra realism or anything, i'm just having fun!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yummy curves!

It does look quite nice. Umm... sadly not much else to comment on at the moment.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Well i'll have the rest of the ride up soon, I'm away for the weekend but it'll be done when i get back.

If anyone has any links to support tutorials i'd appreciate it, i'm struggling at the moment!

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm a big fan of trees and terrain in NoLimits. If a coaster dismisses these the whole thing fails no matter how amazing the layout is; it just makes a coaster look less realistic and more "skeptical" (I think thats the word).

This is exactly what I love about Holt! The interaction looks amazing! And the layout looks interesting from what I've seen so far, looks very realistic. This looks like it has quite a bit of potential, so I'm bidding for you :)

Keep up the good work NickkyG!

NickkyG

Mega Poster
The coaster is complete! Here are some snaps of the key points in the ride.

Immelman after launch.
holtcomplete1.jpg

Airtime hill over the station building.
holtcomplete2.jpg

Dive out of second airtime hill.
holtcomplete3.jpg

Second overbank.
holtcomplete4.jpg

Heartline roll.
holtcomplete5.jpg

And into the brake run!
holtcomplete6.jpg

Finally an overview of the coaster.
holtcomplete7.jpg

I'll see if i can get a video up soon. It's my first coaster i've put effort into so don't expect to be blown away, it's a little rough on the edges! Here is a link to the download if you want to give it a whirl. Feedback of any kind is appreciated!

No Limits file:
http://www.2d8studios.co.uk/other/coasterforce/nolimits/holt/Holt.nltrack
Car texture
http://www.2d8studios.co.uk/other/coasterforce/nolimits/holt/EF_Holt.png

Or all in one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0d41ff39a18e8f232fb2ca15d7ea42d94c51ecb7b4ebacfab99f3f1679ee9294

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Package the files then upload to MediaFire. My virus blocker won't allow me to download from that site ;)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Okay, so:

Trackwork was decent, no noticeable pumps. Bankings were all off, and everything felt really slow paced. Prefab supports were used, and pretty much all of the turns were to the right.

You really need to mix it up, add in some flavor. Also, a couple of the trees failed the tunnel test (as in they were too close to the track). Next time, throw in something sudden, like a pop of airtime mid turn transition, or a different inversion such as a zero-g-roll. Also, use more segments for more control. It's like making a circle. Do it with only 3 points, and you wind up with a wonky circle, use something like 6 points, and you can make it more round ;)

7.5/10

Brookes

Giga Poster
Pretty good for a first coaster! Basically I agree with everything that Xpress says; it had a good layout but got a bit repetitive, and you need to work on bankings. Other than that great for a first coaster, you've got potential.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This was OK. Not great though.

Most importantly for me it felt far too slow. Eurofighters are meant to be punch and quick and this did not feel either. The trackwork was OK, but some of the banking was off. I did really like the barrel roll though, that felt quite nicely shaped.

I disliked the use of pre-fabs as it seemed lazy.

Overall, not a bad coaster. I wouldn't say it was one of the better ones I'd seen, but it was OK. It was the pacing that killed it for me. 7/10.