What's new

Hollywood Studios vs Universal Studios Florida

Better park?

• Total voters

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
No offence, but I often feel like I'm being suckered into some kind of market research with your posts... 🙈🤣 They're just 'oddly' specific, I can't quite put my finger on it... Anyway, like I said no offence, and at least it keeps the forums active... 👍🤗

For me, it's universal, not much interest in Disney at all personally...

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
No offence, but I often feel like I'm being suckered into some kind of market research with your posts... 🙈🤣 They're just 'oddly' specific, I can't quite put my finger on it... Anyway, like I said no offence, and at least it keeps the forums active... 👍🤗

For me, it's universal, not much interest in Disney at all personally...
I can't win either way because then when I make my post bare with just asking "better park"? I get criticized too. I can't win! Sorry for keeping this forum alive lmao 💀

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think @Nicky Borrill is just pointing to the moment where a vast majority of your posts are about “either/or” and “rank [x]” posts. No harm in it! 😊

To qualify my vote with “I have visited both parks within the last year;” it’s Hollywood Studios, hands down. A one-two combo of Disney’s recent “land” investments between Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land would be enough to put it ahead - but let us also not forget Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster.

USF was fun, but was also easily done in half a day, especially after clearing Diagon Alley and HRR. Hollywood Studio is the more complete park.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I guess I'm just wondering how you want me to write my posts then as I ALWAYS do them wrong. Do tell me how to!:rolleyes:
Exactly as you are, I'm not 'in charge.' I'm just an over opinionated baboon who speaks his mind too often where it isn't needed 🙈🤣🤣🤣

Although if you're after genuine advice. A little more context would be nice. Matt is the king of polls around here, and I have to say I love his style. He always prefaces his questions with some context. An explanation of why the subject interests him, or why he thinks it's relevant. Along with giving his own choice, and an explanation of why he came to that choice. But again, you post whatever you want to post mate, it's not really my place to tell you otherwise... I was just expressing my feelings.

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
Exactly as you are, I'm not 'in charge.' I'm just an over opinionated baboon who speaks his mind too often where it isn't needed 🙈🤣🤣

Although if you're after genuine advice. A little more context would be nice. Matt is the king of polls around here, and I have to say I love his style. He always prefaces his questions with some context. An explanation of why the subject interests him, or why he thinks it's relevant. Along with giving his own choice, and an explanation of why he came to that choice. But again, you post whatever you want to post mate, it's not really my place to tell you otherwise... I was just expressing my feelings.
You're good, it's no worries.
I'm opinionated as well haha.

Yeah I guess I just never feel to share my own thoughts about the parks as Matt writes a lot of good thoughts and I didn't want to look like I'm copying him. He also writes paragraphs and I know I can't write that much🤣 I also just like seeing what people prefer overall so that's why I make these questions and polls.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
You're good, it's no worries.
I'm opinionated as well haha.

Yeah I guess I just never feel to share my own thoughts about the parks as Matt writes a lot of good thoughts and I didn't want to look like I'm copying him. He also writes paragraphs and I know I can't write that much🤣 I also just like seeing what people prefer overall so that's why I make these questions and polls.
Doesn't have to be paragraphs :) But you never know, people may want to get to know you, and your opinion on things, as much as you want to know them and theirs. :)

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
Doesn't have to be paragraphs :) But you never know, people may want to get to know you, and your opinion on things, as much as you want to know them and theirs. :)
Will do:)i'd like to get to know more people on here but I'm not a big pure roller coaster fanatic like many on here. So I feel I don't fit in probably lol:confused:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Will do:)i'd like to get to know more people on here but I'm not a big pure roller coaster fanatic like many on here. So I feel I don't fit in probably lol:confused:
There are lots of people here, of all 'levels' of enthusiasm...

I'm intrigued by your username. Do you have an interest in the history side of theme parks and coasters? What made you choose that name?

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
There are lots of people here, of all 'levels' of enthusiasm...

I'm intrigued by your username. Do you have an interest in the history side of theme parks and coasters? What made you choose that name?
Thanks haha i'm quite frankly, just interested in theme parks and the design that go into parks like Disney and Universal. I do like amusement parks too but to me, you can't beat the work and effort that go into the making of Disney/Universal parks.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Thanks haha i'm quite frankly, just interested in theme parks and the design that go into parks like Disney and Universal. I do like amusement parks too but to me, you can't beat the work and effort that go into the making of Disney/Universal parks.
Then you’re in the right place. I’m in it for the coasters, and thrill coasters at that… But there’s a LOT of people here who are more ‘theme park fan’ than ‘coaster enthusiast.’ :)

Matt N

CF Legend
As someone who last visited USF in August 2016 and DHS in April 2019 (so post-Toy Story, pre-Star Wars), my vote is for Universal Studios Florida, and by quite some distance.

My over-riding memory of DHS was that it really didn’t have much there, and to me, it seemed like an inferior take on the studio park concept compared to Universal. The theming just didn’t seem quite as strong to me (compared to USF or the other Disney parks).

USF, on the other hand, seemed to have stronger theming/atmosphere, and quite a few attractions that I really liked (I love Diagon/Gringotts, I love Mummy, I controversially quite like HRRR, I like Transformers a lot, I have a real soft spot for Simpsons… there are probably more I can’t think of), as well as a lot of other stuff, and in general, USF just resonates with me a lot more as a product. It’s my #3 park at present, and when you combine it with IOA, my #1 park over the road, it really does make Universal Orlando Resort an incredibly compelling proposition from my standpoint.

I will digress, however, that I like Tower of Terror at DHS more than any ride at USF. I absolutely loved that thing, and I was gutted that I only got to ride it once! RnRC, Slinky Dog and Star Tours were also things I really liked, but in general, it didn’t seem like DHS had much to do at all… that may change if I ever revisit, however, as both Star Wars and Runaway Railway have opened since my last visit.