What's new

Holiday World | Good Gravy | Vekoma Family Boomerang | 2024

Niles

Giga Poster
Might be jumping the gun here but Holiday World have started to clear the old Pilgrim's Plunge area, they seem to be leaving the station.

Walls have gone up around the large area and the water trough has been removed with the area being filled in and flattened.

Images of site as of 1/6/23 from video source
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

I would love to see a coaster and with the amount of land preparations they are doing I hope it is that, 2015 was their last coaster so a new one for 2024 or 2025 would be great. However there is a lot they could do with this space, water park expansion, utility area, flat rides or maybe just a tidy up. but with the size of the area my hopes are on a coaster.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Alright, so here to double-post the next day. The actual coaster project is supposedly being referred to as Project Gravy Boat and they've got some nice groundwork going on, some stakes in the ground right now. The name makes me think of something boat related - perhaps a water coaster, maybe an Aquatrax? Or we could buy into speculation and say that they're about to get a huge ass hyper coaster to connect the Raging Rapids and Pilgrims Plunge sites. It seems like a ripe idea to compete with Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom. Could very much be what puts Holiday World's dry park on the map, as if they didn't have enough gigantic coasters.
bhwjx5yd826b1.jpgxxfrtvae826b1.jpgawpwpkpe826b1.jpg
Source & Source

However, speculation is not my core strength. I specialize in facts, and the facts in this case are that there's a Vekoma Family Boomerang being shipped to Santa Claus, Indiana for 2024.
Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 10.08.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 10.09.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 10.15.52 AM.png
Source

Matt N

CF Legend
What a fun and unique theme!

Is this a custom layout or a clone of one of the existing layouts? It doesn’t look like a Family Boomerang layout I recognise, but I could be missing something.

Also, is it only me who’s very surprised that this is America’s first Family Boomerang? It feels like these coasters are everywhere in Europe, so I’m surprised that America has only just cottoned on…