What's new

Highlights of your 2014 Season

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
IN PARK:
Best New Cred - Cyclone, Luna Park (Brooklyn)
Worst New Cred - Thunderbolt, Luna Park (Brooklyn)
Most Surprising New Cred - Yankee Cannonball, Canobie Lake
Nastiest Spiting Experience - Cyclone at SFNG closing for good two weeks before I get there
Best Individual Ride - Goliath at La Ronde front row
Worst Individual Ride - Circus Coaster, Luna Park (Brooklyn)
Craziest Park Experience - going around Playland Park (Rye, NY) in such darkness with so many people there
Scariest Moment - the Sky Screamer type ride at Galveston Island Pier swings out almost completely just over the water
Best Park Visit - Canobie Lake Park; it has a good mix of coasters and flat rides along with friendly people
Worst Park Visit - Quassy Park; although Wooden Warrior is a good family wooden, the whole place is just for kids
Overall Favorite Trip - The New England trip with 8 new parks and 40 new credits in just 5 days

OUT OF PARK:
Best Leadup Event - it seemed that the weather was improving there just prior
Most Suspenseful Moment - getting out of the airport and getting the car just before leaving for the first park
Funniest Moment Outside a Park - getting lost on an island while trying to find the park on it (La Ronde)
Coolest Travel Moment - flying on Southwest for the first time; going there and back was really nice
Biggest Travel Nightmare - getting stuck in traffic around Hartford CT so I was running late for my flight return home
Funniest Travel Moment - seeing a little girl on the plane with the biggest bag ever of those airplane peanuts
Best Cultural Experience - being in another country where they speak a language I don't really know at all (Montréal)

MILESTONES:
First time in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York City
First time in the Québec part of Canada
First rides on a RMC coaster (New Texas Giant and Iron Rattler)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
In Park
Best New Cred - Goliath, SFGAm

Worst New Cred - Mind Eraser, SFA

Most Surprising New Cred - Wildfire, SDC

Nastiest Spiting Experience - Going to 3 major parks and not being able to get all of the creds

Best Individual Ride - Skyrush, front right wing at night.

Worst Individual Ride - Roar, Back row

Craziest Park Experience - Going back to the car at CP after realizing that my family is still in the park.

Scariest Moment - Being at the top of Outlaw Run at SDC, not knowing what to expect out of RMC.

Best Park Visit - SDC in mid June.
Worst Park Visit - I guess SFA, looking at my park count.
Overall Favorite Trip - 3 Parks and the Outer Banks in August.

Out of Park
Best Leadup Event - My current 125 day countdown until SFGAm opens

Most Suspenseful Moment - Waiting for TTD to launch. I was in back row BTW.

Funniest Moment Outside a Park - Watching "Shepard of the Hills" in Branson, and watching an actor with a major roll forget his line.

Coolest Travel Moment - Seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time.

Biggest Travel Nightmare - Staying at an EconoLodge in St. Louis.

Funniest Travel Moment - Not necessarily "funny", but we stopped at a random city in Ohio to eat, and realizing that we were passing Geauga Lake. So sad to see such a sophisticated company neglect an amazing park like Geauga Lake.

Best Cultural Experience - Lincoln Grave/Museum in Springfield IL.

Favorite CFer Moments
Considering I met only 1 possible CFer(gottastrata33 or something like that), and had a conversation with 2, I guess chatting Chris Coasters over Skype.

Best People
- All staff at SDC.
-Misc people I met in Goliath line at SFGAm.
-Staff at a pizza place in St Louis.
-I can't think of anyone else.

Worst People
- Too many to list.

Photo Lookback

Photos are unable to be posted ATM. :-(

Milestones:
- First RMCs.
- First Euro-Fighter.
- First Intamin accelerator, giga, and blitz.
- First B&M Sitdown
- Broke 25 and 50 creds.
- First time to over 5 parks in one season.
- Went WaveRunning for first time.
- First standup
- First StarFlyer
- First S&S coaster
- First Tivoli coaster
- First Premier coaster
- First Miner Mike
- First Half-Pipe coaster
- First SLC
- First time on a water ride and not getting wet.
- First a lot of other stuff. :p

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

jj23w

Hyper Poster
In Park
Best New Cred - The Swarm

Worst New Cred - Thriller Coaster Winter Wonderland

Most Surprising New Cred - Wilde Maus XXL

Nastiest Spiting Experience - Tidal Wave being closed all day when it was Boiling hot

Best Individual Ride - Swarm front row right hand side

Worst Individual Ride - Colossus back row

Craziest Park Experience - Getting the whole of Adventure Island to myself on an off peak day

Scariest Moment - Waiting to go up Saws lift.

Best Park Visit - Thorpe Park in the beginning of October dead
Worst Park Visit - Thorpe Park in the queue for stealth for an hour and a half
Overall Favorite Trip - Adventure Island with Shawn sanbrooke.

Out of Park
Best Leadup Event - Getting my annual pass and being mistaken on the Thorpe Park bus and getting a £1 return

Most Suspenseful Moment - Waiting for Stealth to launch in the back row where it has the most power

Funniest Moment Outside a Park - falling over and rolling over down the hill to Adventure Island

Coolest Travel Moment - Seeing Stealth for the first time

Biggest Travel Nightmare - Being stuck at Clapham Junctiom going to my aunts after GhosterForce

Funniest Travel Moment - Erol falling off his chair when the train went to fast

Best Cultural Moment - Standing next to Battersea Power Station

Favorite CFer Moments - Meeting everyone for the first time.

Best People
- All staff at Adventure Island in the summer
- Shawn Sanbrooke
- Erol
- Jarrett

Worst People
- No one on Coasterforce

Milestones:
- First Intamin Looper
- First B&M Invert
- First Intamin Accelerator
- First B&M Wing Rider
- Got my first milestone 25
- First StarFlyer
- First Arrow Coaster
- First Mack coaster
- First First Maurer Söhne
- First Screaming Swing
- First Sky Swat
- First Top spin
- First Top scan
- First KMG afterburn

Darren B

Giga Poster
^I hate to be overscrupulous but Stealth is not more powerful at the back. That's basic law of physics.

I'm glad you had a good year overall, however basic it was. I'm also pleased that you managed to spend some quality time at the Battersea Power Station. Hope there's a trip report and lots of photos for that coming soon.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going against the grain and not following the template as most here have.
It was another great year for me even though I came up short of my annual goal of at least 100 new credz. I managed to visit 77 parks and ride 93 new-for-me coasters, including 19 that opened this year. Better still - I filmed nearly 300 new videos for our Youtube channel.
The highlights of my year were getting to spend time with Ian and Darren criss-crossing the U.S. and Canada and even getting to spend some time with Stone Cold, Rachel, Peter, Jarrett and peep at Kings Island. That was followed up with another epic European jaunt with Andrus and Katia (aka redlily) before I finished off 2015 at my first IAAPA Expo with Ian.
Coasterwise, the highlights were (in no particular order) Goliath, Helix, Alpina Blitz, Banshee, Roar-O-Saurus, Flug der Dämonen, Krake, Thundercoaster, Juvelen, OzIris, Il Tempo Extra Gigante and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.
There were also a few disappointments, especially getting spited by Gold Striker's chain break after it taking nearly a year to arrange to film it in 3D.
I'm expecting 2015 to be even better with plenty of new coaster openings to attend, but doubt I'll get anywhere near 100 credz. I also hope to see more of my CF buds in 2015 and perhaps even getting to meet a few more of you for the first time.