What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I have to LOL at how Intamin fanboys gush over hills on this, and B&M detractors meh over hills on those.

Also, I do like how they've done a great job keeping lots of trees in place.

The Stengel dive-ish hill does look fantastic.
:D

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I must say...it's looking very sexy, the air-time hills actually look like proper willy-lifters, the turns are sexy and vary alot.

Add the new seating, and I think Hershey's got another winner.

Josh73

Giga Poster
Looking awesome. Though the videos don't decipt it very well, I can just tell there has been quite a bit of progress. :)

Thom25

Roller Poster
Yup it goes right over comet and then will travel basically over the running water of the creek. Since the creek is now flooded again, this vid will give you a sense of what the ride will look like AND how GREAT it is coming along.

http://youtu.be/dpvuDdEEOZc

Brett7710

Mega Poster
It might just be my eyes or the sun in the latest pictures, but the lift hill supports look a completely different colour now. I'm sure they haven't painted them since we've had picture updates practically every day.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ben said:
And, haha, the Fahrenheit colour topic was amazing <3 Also, Magnum. IT'S MOLLY ORANGE. Or is it?

...Ihateyou. When I went to Hershey, yeah it is orange. But it's still hardly brilliant orange of awesome, and my point originally was why isn't it blues true complimentary (true orange).

Swarm's supports ARE green though. IRL and in pics.

XYZ

Roller Poster
Wow! This makes Hersheypark seem even more cramped:

02610.jpg

http://allamericanthrills.freeforumsblogs.com/t6p10-skyrush-official-discussion-thread#76

D1993

Hyper Poster
Yeah it is looking extremely tight.
Did anyone else realize that the first lift hill support is slightly crooked.
I realize that it is supposed to be like that, but does anyone know why???

CMonster

Giga Poster
Maybe there's something on the ground preventing the support from standing directly underneath the connection?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well it's probably to do with the fact that the drop will also be acting as part of the structure (I mean, it's not far off a Leviathan style support/drop, so my guess is that it leans to make the triangular frame with the track of the drop.

However I can't seem to see it leaning in a picture, can someone link one to me? I must be being dense. ;)