What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

When I was riding it you can clearly see (also the same on POVs), the track does slighty revolve around the heartline. Just no where near as much as on a normal coaster.

Ethan

Strata Poster

loefet said:
Ethan said:
Thats not an in-line twist it's a heartline roll.
And the difference is??

Like I said, on an In-line twist, the track twists in a straight line. On a heartline roll (Baco), the track revolves around the heartline, reducing the forces subjected on the rider.

However, like Josh said, there isn't really a heartline on Baco, but the track shaping makes it a heartline roll because it is warped.

Also, one word posts are annoying :(

Josh73

Giga Poster

I can see the Heartline idea your getting at, but I am pretty sure it is an Inline-Twist.

I want more Skyrush updates!!:(

Ethan

Strata Poster

Josh73 said:
I can see the Heartline idea your getting at, but I am preety sure it is an Inline-Twist.

I want more Skyrush updates!!:(

Well it should be. But I'm guessing the forces would have been very, very strong so they probably warped the track shaping a bit.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Yeah... I really want to find out the restraint system that is being used on Skyrush. Any ideas? I thought they would be like I305, but which ones? The original?
DSC_0618.jpg

Or the new?
31787_429212590350_680640350_5868073_5794808_n.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^I fixed the pictures for you. You need to use the actual URL, not the Google preview URL and also you need to put image tags around the URL. This is how the bottom one should look when you type it out:

Code:
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs604.snc3/31787_429212590350_680640350_5868073_5794808_n.jpg[/img]

That should work. :D

Josh73

Giga Poster

Thanks so much Hixee.

Oh and Josh, incase you were confused, I wasn't telling you to get your facts right, it was directed at Bizarro

Sorry.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I heard that it would use lab bars. But if they use OTSRs I hope they use the old ones, because I think they look cooler. Is the reason they changed them because of the sharp changes in direction?

A

Anonymous

^ The newer ones are softer and should be nicer to your neck.

I'm pretty sure that you can forget that this ride will have a lap bar, due to all the accident's on Intamins with lap-bars in the US...

Snoo

The Legend

^That. I've gotten bruises from the old OST straps. While those aren't exactly pillow soft, it didn't hurt when my neck went blamo against the restraint.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Yeah... I think that we can forget the lap-bar idea. The rendering has lap bars though if you pause at exactly 2:10

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbnqifrqE[/youtube]

I think that the new OTSRs(strap ones, my second pic) won't support you head very much if the outer seats do vibrate like Baco. What do you guys think?

A

Anonymous

^ The old OSTR straps don't support your head much either...
I also doubt that this will vibrate anywhere close to what Baco do, this is a much more compact design and I think that Intamin have learned quite a bit since so they will probably beef up the cars to handle the load better.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Yeah I'm sure they will figure something out. I wonder why they haven't updated in like, forever! Screamscape had an update but that was just more pictures of the track. :(

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Ethan said:
Get your facts right mate :)
My facts are straight. YOU said it yourself:
Ethan said:
Both Intamin and B&M have done Wingriders. However Baco isn't a true wingrider as the seats are still placed above the track, whereas on B&M Wingwalkers you are seated along side the track, meaning you can create elements such as the in-line twist.
To clarify: Baco is not the true wingrider that B&M creates. Sorry to confuse you Josh, I was just being technical.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

As Josh 73 said, the Lap bar won't happen. It's understandable for the winged seats but its a shame the seats in the centre couldn't have lap bars but I doubt they'll make a train which uses two different types of restraint.
That's the first time i've seen the new softer restraints, I wonder if they'll do a retrofit on Maverick, the old restraints spoil that ride a little for me, theyre just the right height to smack me right in the neck, especially on the wierd banked hill just after where the heartline roll used to be.

Ethan

Strata Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
To clarify: Baco is not the true wingrider that B&M creates. Sorry to confuse you Josh, I was just being technical.

It is called a wingrider though, so both B&M and Intamin have made them. The topic about heartlines came about after Josh asked the question.

Josh73

Giga Poster

This coaster is going to look awesome when it goes vertical. Powder Blue+Yellow will actually look pretty cool.