What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

michaellll

Mega Poster
Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

I knew I wouldn't feel too hot about the yellow. Other than that, it's quite neat.

Josh73

Giga Poster

I like the yellow. The track does resemble Baco's width .

Agreed. I kept thinking it's going to look like , but that's just from the poorly made NoLimits video they produced. But seeing the track convinces me otherwise.-QUOTE lakeccrunner

I agree with that. The no limits video was terrible. I mean, is it so hard to colour the track? Some fanmade videos on you tube look better than the real one. :fadein:

I want more updates!! :(

BTW, is Skyrush going to be the 1st Inatmin coaster with four across seating(other than a wingrider)?

A

Anonymous

Re:

^ Well they have made some old coaster with 4-across "seating", 1 invert, 1 sit-down and a few stand-ups, so it's not something new for them...

About the track itself, they use the new and improved system (not a big surprise really) to reduce the cost of manufacturing and number of footers, but still end up with the same kind (or bigger) ride.

Intricks said:
Why is Intamin copying B&M?
You should really ask why B&M is copying Intamin, since the first coasters with Box-track were actually made by Intamin...

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster

I'm going to hershey park this weekend. Does anybody know were the track is so I can take pictures?

A

Anonymous

^ Seems like it's close to the lift-hills of Lightning Racers judging by this pic from Keystone Thrills:

301567_186584578074937_100001701896693_445345_7255687_n.jpg

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Josh73 said:
BTW, is Skyrush going to be the 1st Inatmin coaster with four across seating(other than a wingrider)?
That's B&M. :)

Now for the track: Track for a train with 4-across seating will be wider than track for a train with 2-across seating. What would be really cool is if the two outside floorless seats were not directly over the track (like they are on B&M floorless coasters), but rather hanging over the side.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Oh sorry, I was just thinking of Baco's track cause' that looks like Intamin. I thing that judging by this picture, they will be hanging over the side. :--D Yay!

Skyrushtrain.png

Image courtesey of RCDB.com

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Baco is Intamin... :?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Indeed Baco is Intamin and currently the only Intamin Wing Rider. Funny that B&M have already sold 3 we know of.

Anyway even apart from that Intamin had a hand in several 4-Across stand-ups such as Shockwave and Batman: The Escape as well as the 4-Across inverted Eurostar.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Eurgh....the only thing that dreadful NL video showcased was the main layout of the track, the interaction it is going to have with the water and terrain there (to a degree), and how the train itself will look! Nothing else...

Intamin contracted through Giovanola (or whatever the **** it is called) for the box track, which is why Shockwave/Flashback/Z-Force and that one Invert (whose name I cant be bothered with remembering) have the box track and 4 across seating. If you wanna get technical, B&M copied Giovanola, not Intamin. Honestly, Intamin went through them quite often if the ride had any inversions.

The seats will hang over the edge. Again, that was the honest main focal point for a lot of the later clues given during the viral campaign. The track is wider, like Furius Baco, due to the larger sized train.

My only concern for the ride, is the fact that Intamin is experimenting (once again) and I fear that they may end up having to give it just a regular styled train or trim the ride after one season due to unforseen circumstances. The ride is going to be quick, speedy, and forceful. Hell, you are going up the lift hill at almost 18mph, the FASTEST yet! I hope Inta does this right for a change.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Josh73

Giga Poster

When I think wing-rider, I think Baco. An Baco is Intamin. Then bizarro said that wing-ridrs were B&M, so I just went with it considering I'm a newbie. Sorry for the confusion.

Intricks:What is a NL video?

Colossus

Giga Poster

^NoLimits coaster simulation. Software used to showcase new rides.

Dave

CF Legend

roomraider said:
Indeed Baco is Intamin and currently the only Intamin Wing Rider. Funny that B&M have already sold 3 we know of.

There's a good reason for Baco being the only one ;)

Thom25

Roller Poster

I totally agree Intricks that the NL video has a lot to be desired and very disappointing, along with the lack of renderings. I also agree Intamin is experimenting again, BUT that's a good thing imho. Intamin learned from Baco that the outer seats vibrate too much, so they solved for the problem by only having one "edge" seat on each side. Intamin does have very forceful rides because they push the limits, and as we saw with Maverick and I305, solved for their respective problems pretty quickly (again imo).

My concern is with the new B&M wing-riders. Raptor was their first and a pretty small force-less ride, while it's outer seats have vibration issues too, according to some trip reports. The swarm layout looks bigger than raptor and very similar to a flyer, which appears to be a much more forceful ride. While we don't know the DW ride or layout, it appears to be the biggest one to date, and question weather B&M is pushing the envelop with their new wing-riders and will have similar vibration issues like Baco.

Time will tell and it's fun to watch and ride them first-hand no doubt.

Ethan

Strata Poster

bizarrofan10 said:
Josh73 said:
That's B&M. :)
Get your facts right mate :) Both Intamin and B&M have done Wingriders. However Baco isn't a true wingrider as the seats are still placed above the track, whereas on B&M Wingwalkers you are seated along side the track, meaning you can create elements such as the in-line twist. On Baco, you can't :( But I suppose it's a good thing because Baco is a death trap...

Josh73

Giga Poster

Thanks for the clarification everybody. I agree that the NoLimits video was very... bad. I would like to see more renderings of the ride and more of an official site with updates etc. Some thing like the Levithian site would be cool.

Tony

Hyper Poster

However Baco isn't a true wingrider as the seats are still placed above the track, whereas on B&M Wingwalkers you are seated along side the track, meaning you can create elements such as the in-line twist. On Baco, you can't

Am like this?

l20ev9b8jgcgqpk005silh.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster

Tony said:
However Baco isn't a true wingrider as the seats are still placed above the track, whereas on B&M Wingwalkers you are seated along side the track, meaning you can create elements such as the in-line twist. On Baco, you can't

Am like this?

l20ev9b8jgcgqpk005silh.jpg

Thats not an in-line twist it's a heartline roll.
Oh and Josh, incase you were confused, I wasn't telling you to get your facts right, it was directed at Bizarro :p