What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

The main reason for over the shoulder restraints is for the magnetic brakes. In addition to that reason, there is also the floorless seats to worry about. The Shoot The Rapids restraints could be used, but you still have to worry about the magnetic brakes. Looking at multiple constraints and aspects of a design is something that roller coaster designers and engineers in general have to do, and this is no exception.

Thom25

Roller Poster

Well said Intricks. But let's be honest, the Thorpe campaign pails to Hershey's who has set the bar very high on how to generate "buzz" through and on-line game. I think CW has missed a tremendous opportunity, but there is something to be said about a "small" park, with a tremendous brand, that thinks outside of the box. Hats off Hershey and let's hope a new game resumes soon. :--D :mrgreen: :angel:

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re:

Intricks said:
It needs OTSR due to two seats being floorless and higher forces. Lap bars most likely will be limited to Mega-Lites from now on due to recent events (although the one was extremely avoidable).

Cant remember where for the station, but I know tilt a whirl is being moved for that reason as well as a few shops and one restroom being demolished near there as well....so that general area of the park.

Oh, OK. I can see where the station goes now. Thanks!

By the way, I am going to Hershey next year for a Bridge(old people card game, even though I'm 12) tournament, and I am going to Hersheypark. Last time I was there, I was too little to ride anyhing good. Any tips :?: (I am most nervous for Skyrush and Fahrenheit)

Intricks

Strata Poster

Seeing as how Ive never been there, but the people in the group on facebook are VERY helpful, go to the back of the park first and work your way towards the front. Less of a wait for those rides.

Also, Hershey does a preview pass apparently (get into the park after a certain time for free so long as you bought a ticket for the following day) so you can hit the longer wait rides. Thats all I know for the park lol.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Josh73

Giga Poster

Thanks! I was there once before and we did the preview thing. It was perfect! My sister rode Fahrenheit, and there was about 6 people in line.

BTW, Somebody on a youtube vid said that Hersheypark is taking out Comet for this ride. They are just taking out the Tilt-A-Whirl for it right????

Intricks

Strata Poster

Track is ON site and unboxed. Double spine and is appare.lntly wider than the I305 track. Why is Intamin copying B&M?

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster

^ I don't really think they're copying B&M.

8rul000338lpice60bgd8h.jpg

I305

9ss3300026nbj4osc8n36i.jpg

Intimidator

I don't think they look the same. I don't know why Intamin changed their track style for this and I305 (wasn't around for that discussion, I was completely surprised last year when I want to KD and saw I305 for the first time and saw the track stlye), but I'm assuming it's because it still has the same strength as the box track, but is somehow cheaper. It dosn't appear, at least to me, to be B&M inspired.

Edit: However, I should probably keep my damn mouth shut until I see pictures of the new track. :oops:

Thom25

Roller Poster

I thought the same thing Intricks - maybe it's the angle, but it does look wider and more like B&M.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ Meant as in it is wider (looks like) than I305. B&M does wider style track. If Skyrush track IS wider than I305 track (which it honestly looks to be), then Intamin is copying B&Ms use of wider style track :3

Snoo

The Legend

That's compensating for the larger trains.. not copying another manufacture. Come on now Intricks.

photo_2.jpeg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

If I remember correctly from the Formula Rossa topic, Intamin changed their track style to cut costs as well as increase strength.

I like the color. It's different, and I'm sure it will look really cool when it goes vertical.

D1993

Hyper Poster

this track does look great indeed! Im looking forward to vertical construction it will look mad!!!
i wonder how 'winged' those outer seats are really going to feel if the track is indeed wider tham I305?

lakeccrunner

Mega Poster

Antinos said:
I like the color. It's different, and I'm sure it will look really cool when it goes vertical.

Agreed. I kept thinking it's going to look like ****, but that's just from the poorly made NoLimits video they produced. But seeing the track convinces me otherwise.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

Snoo said:
That's compensating for the larger trains.. not copying another manufacture. Come on now Intricks.

photo_2.jpeg

I know, just being a smartass on it :3

ry1996

Mega Poster

Awsome, There not copying It looked like on Intinmidator 305 it was like that for The Strength as the top parts of the coaster does NOT have any supports on it

Josh73

Giga Poster

The track looks like normal Intamin, however, the size??? This coaster is going to have giant cars. I am so excited.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Track looks the same width as Baco's track. Makes sense really..