Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel Stampede

• Renegade

• Total voters

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Back when Storm Runner was built, Hersheypark ran an add campaign to name the ride.

They had 3 choices- Steel Stampede, Storm Runner, and Renegade. Obviously, Storm Runner won out.

But if we had the power to turn back time... what would you have called it?

------------

I would've called it Renegade. I always thought that was such a cool name and really seemed to fit this ride well since it goes around, over, and under all this stuff within the park.

Sam

Giga Poster
I'm used to Strom Runner now as a name and the thought of it being called anything else seems silly to me, but at the time I hated the name Storm Runner and much prefered Steel Stampede... funny eh?

Titan

Mega Poster
I voted for Steel Stampede, I thought it was kinda cool. I dont get what the hell a storm has to do with a western theme.

c&r

Mega Poster
Don't make me explain it again Grace *remembers last time with Sam*. I remember I was only just getting into coasters then, but I do have abstract memories of being on the HP site, and I also have abstract memories of selecting SR, though this could be purely becuase I'm now used to it, and "my mind's playing tricks on me".

I would have to say I would choose Renegade or Steel Stampede. Storm Runner wouldn't been my last choice. Renegade just sounds very intense, as with Steel Stampede.. Whereas S.R just sounds like, oh, cool.

Of the 2 choices, I would go with Steel Stampede because as you probably know, stampede means a big herd of animals running fast, so it would suit the actual ride.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Steel Stampede is ehhh. It's like naming a wooden coaster "Wood Runner" It is too.....not appealing. SR or Renegade, probably Storm Runner.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Steel Stampede is ehhh. It's like naming a wooden coaster "Wood Runner" It is too.....not appealing. SR or Renegade, probably Storm Runner.

tks

Strata Poster
I voted for Storm Runner. I remember it.

Titan said:
I voted for Steel Stampede, I thought it was kinda cool. I dont get what the hell a storm has to do with a western theme.

Storm.. Lightning and clouds and then you get dust storms. Horses were also thought to be the things at the front of thunderstorms and like floods. Cause they're dead powerful.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Pretty much agree with that. Storm Runner's alright, Renegade would've been better, but either sounds better than Steel Stampede.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I absolutely love the name Steel Stampede, and think it should've definately the name choice for this coaster, even though it does sound more suiting for a B&M Speed Coaster IMo for some reason.

Anyways, Steel Stampede for me.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Renegade would've been a cool name for it. Nearly everything of the ride was litterally original: Only Intamin Accelrator that did inversions, odd Top Hat, odd inversions so the name would've very well suited it but Storm Runner has kind of stuck to me. If I had the chance to vote for the names though I think I would've picked Renegade.

tks

Strata Poster
Titan said:
tks said:
Clouds? In a desert? Theres barely any water in a desert for many clouds to appear, much less a T-storm in one.

To own you even more. Is this a desert? Yes. Are there clouds? Yes.

cl22_chubascos.jpg

A

Anonymous

Hmm, I adore the name Renegade, but I have the sneek suspicion I actually voted for Storm Runner because I'm a ****ing moron.

Renegade all the way though.

joe

Mega Poster
Storm Runner sounds powerfull and dominating. It describes how quick the ride is really. I like the over names, but Storm Runner has that edge to it.

thx

Mega Poster
I do also think that Renegade would've been a better name, Storm Runner is still good though. A good (or perhaps a bad) thing about the name Storm Runner, is that it IMO fits in the context of Hershey's other coaster names.

I woud still have voted for Renegade, as it's more unique well of course the name 'Storm Runner' IS unique, but according to rcdb.com there are 12 coasters containing the word Storm in their name whereas there's only one containing the word 'Renegade', ok, of course 'storm' is a more common word, but anyway I like Renegade better.