What's new

Hershey Park vs Six Flags Great Adventure

Better park?

• Total voters

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
Both parks have 13-14 coasters in each. Both parks are about an hour and a half to two hours away from each other. Which park is better?

I'd say Hershey might be the overall better park, but Great Adventure has the better coasters.​

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Hershey for sure. Skyrush is insane and it has a CP-esque supporting cast in Candymonium, Storm Runner, Great Bear, Fahrenheit, and Comet. Laff Trakk is a great family coaster, SDL is incredibly smooth, Sidewinder is the best Vekoma boomerang, and the woodies aren’t as bad as people make them out to be.

SFGAdv is great, and Jersey Devil was a big help, but it can’t compete with Hershey’s sheer size and variety.

hyde666

Roller Poster
Hershey is seriously one of my favorite parks, right up there with Cedar Point. I always have a good time there ever since I was a child. SFGADV is okay, yeah, they have the best wooden coaster ever (so far that I have ridden), but they lack good food (I'm tired of eating at Johnny Rocket's) and a good environment. I got a membership for almost 2 years now (they extended mine to 2022 for some odd reason lol), and I've worked there for a bit so I kinda know my way around of the park, from confused employees to people constantly asking me where Kingda Ka is; and don't forget, they never fill up their stocks so if you want the membership popcorn box, your best bet is to go to SFA instead. Same with Hershey, but in a different way because I never worked there and don't come as often as SFGADV since it's farther away.

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
Totally not biased or anything... but Hershey for sure. SFGA has the top 5 to compete with Hershey but it falls flat on it's face after. The sheer depth of Hershey's lineup is enough.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hershey easily. And there is no bias here because Great Adventure was my home park. People think I'm trolling but I always said take El Toro, Nitro, Kingda Ka (I guess for the stats of it...) move em and level the place. I mean it though. Haven't yet ridden Jersey Devil guess maybe that can survive, but yup...meanwhile Hershey has both a far superior lineup and though its gotten huge and "corporate" feeling, I dont have dread/regret as I enter like Great Adventure.