What's new

Herrbourne Park

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm not sure this even counts as a teaser, but here's a small glimpse of my new project...

waterfall_1.jpg

nealbie

CF Legend
Bushes inside the seating circle, but other than that, rather beautiful and pretty damned impressive from what the photo shows. I expect the rest of the park to be as strikingly stunning and green! :)

Jer

Strata Poster
Whats wrong with bushes in the seating area. The guests should be able to enjoy the feel of the bushes as well as the look.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I've added bushes into that seating area now.

I'm working on getting the landscaping of the park just right before I move onto adding any rides. I've taken onboard your advice and decided that for now, I'm going to keep it a very green beautiful park.

Anyway, something on the other side of the park from the last shot, although it looks very similiar.

Waterfalls_1.jpg

jokerman

Giga Poster
That's because it is. It needs to be sorted out at some point, I just created it that way to make sure the waterfalls would all work.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Right, I tried to quickly fix the squareness, but it didn't work that well. If I can't do any better than this, then I'll just leave it like it is now:

Waterfalls_2.jpg

Anyway, turning 180 degrees, you can just about see something appearing above the trees...

Magic_Mansion_1.jpg

What is it?

Magic_Mansion_2.jpg

It's a mansion belonging to a famous conjurer.

Magic_Mansion_3.jpg

Magician's Mansion is simply the house for a ride, but what could it be? Let's queue up and find out...

Magic_Mansion_4.jpg

And...

Magic_Mansion_5.jpg

Yes, it's a bog standard flying carpet. But then this park was never meant to be high octane thrills...

The edge of the area so far:

Magic_Mansion_6.jpg

And finally an overview of this corner of the park.

Magic_Mansion_7.jpg

Next time I'll show you the entrance area, and possibly the beginning of some themed areas...

nealbie

CF Legend
Too many windows, not enough variation. There's a lot of stuff you can use to make the colonial houses awesome, balconies, etc.

Mountain's still a bit square, but I understand why it needs to be done for waterfall purposes. I'd personally suggest taking a level off the top.

Still looking stunning though :)

jokerman

Giga Poster
To be honest, from where the peeps are going to stand, all they'll see are big waterfalls, and that should be impressive enough for them not to think "Good Lord, that mountain is incredibly square".

nealbie

CF Legend
This is true. But if we're going down that route, I'd strongly suggest taking all of your screenshots from peep angle to avoid people slating you for squareness.

The windows need sorting though :lol:

jokerman

Giga Poster
Right, well I've started work on improving the mansion. Most of it wont be seen from ground level anyway, so it's not my main priority. I've adjusted the number of windows and added a small balcony.

Magic_Mansion_8.jpg

A new area of the park has appeared. It's just over this hill...

Mansion_to_beach_1.jpg

It's The Beach.

Beach_Overview_1.jpg

A tranquil beach that may be taken over by pirates if I feel like it. A food and drink area:

Beach_1.jpg

Beach_2.jpg

And a quick seating area...

Beach_3.jpg

Junior coaster, called Canonball...

Beach_4.jpg

Beach_6.jpg

I'm hoping to expand this are further with a couple more rides, it'll be quite a big section of the park. I'm not gonna use any aggressive theming, which is why I've avoided pirates so far in this area, and stuck to trees, they suit the park better.

As always, advice is welcome.