What's new

Help planning a trip to Phantasialand this October.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I wanted to do this for my birthday last year, but I ended up doing DLP instead, so I'm going to do it this year instead.

Basically:

Is it better to fly there, get train or drive?

Where is the nearest airport if said easiest way to get there is to fly.

Is there conveniant public transport to and from Phantasialand from airport/train station?

Where should I stay (hopefully somewhere not too expensive)

Thanks, I know you guys are good at stuff like this =]

marc

CF Legend
Jordan, best person to speak to on this is Ben as he has just planned a trip there so he will have details that could help.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
It is easy to drive to, it's the only way I have gone to b e fair. It's around 4 hours from the ferry, but you could always add another park or two to the journey.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^ I'd love to do more than one park but it's looking to be just the one at the moment as I will have just started Uni at this time and doubt I'll have much money.

And thanks Marc, I'll PM him about it.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Plenty of trips you are planning this year Jordan :--D .

I did Phantasialand last year and flew through Dusseldorf Int. Airport not the Ryanair one. From the airport you can get a direct train to Bruhl station which is about an hour from the airport and then from Bruhl there is a direct bus to Phantasialand which only takes about 10 minutes from there. Worked out about €3 return.

Easy enough to get to if you use the same airport but I wouldn't know if coming from other airports. Also ust be careful when you plan on going because I went last year during German school holidays in October and the place was rammed. Over one hour queues on both Black Mamba and Winjas.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Lol, yeah I'm planning loads of trip this year as I'm going to Uni next year and will not have any money, so I'm going all out.

I was planning to do like, Friday to Sunday so hopefully queues shouldn't matter too much. Also it'll be the beginning of October when my birthday is =]

What airline did you fly with?

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Ah, sounds good. I love planning loads of trips too.

Yeah you might be better off doing 2 days there especially if you are arriving at the park later in the day. Just to be able to enjoy it more rather than standing in queues all day.

I flew with Aer Lingus return from Dublin but I think Air Berlin and Lufthansa fly there from one of the London Airports. You could also try Dusseldorf Weeze which is further away but the flights are probably cheaper to get there.

http://www.airport-weeze.de/2-3_an_und_abreise_bus_und_bahn.php?lang=en

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
if you want to fly from Stansted, you have the option of:
Air Berlin (flies to Dusseldorf)
Ryanair (Flies to Dusseldorf Weeze, and is about 1 hour train away from Dusseldorf main train station from Klevear)
German Wings (Flies to Cologne/Bonn)

Good ol' stansted airport webby =]

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
to be honest i havent read any of the other post in this topic, so sorry if i have mentioned anything that has been said before.

i did a trip way back in 06 if i remeber rightly. flew into colonge or Koln depending on how you want to say/spell it. and stayed in a hotel and when the day came got a train to bruhl and their was a mini bus/coach service straight from the station to the park and back again. pretty easy and cheap to be honest. but your nearest airport is koln.

Ben

CF Legend
Ooops, I'm tardy to the party!

Um, I can't really help since we're driving to and from it on the way from/to other parks. The only thing I will say is, look into their on-site hotels, you get a discount if you book 3 months before you go, which is all good, meaning it doesn't end up TOO much more than a normal hotel.