Which park is better?

• Alton Towers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackpool PB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

andyc123

Roller Poster
I am being taken to a theme park for my birthday, but I cannot decide between Alton Towers and Blackpool PB! I haven't been to either so I have no idea what they are like! Please help me! Give reasons why too please. Thanks!!! :lol:

joe

Mega Poster
This is pretty hard, I like AT's rides and AT has better themeing. But I think most of BPB's rides are better than AT's IMO. BPB have a good range of rides, but they are lacking flats. BPB has a good selection of coasters and some of the best in the UK. AT has better coasters, but dosent have as many attractions as BPB. I would say you go to AT, then go to BPB later on in the year.

I thought you have been on Nemesis before though :?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
In my opinion AT is much nicer than BPB. Sure, The Big One is quite an experience, but so is Oblivion, Air, Nemesis and Rita. Alton Towers has a much nicer atmoshpheric feeling while BPB is quite funny as it's amazing how many rides they can cram into one place.

It's up to you, but I think AT would be the better day out but if your birthday's in the summer BPB will be open until quite late, which is an experience in itself!

If I were you mate I'd do some research :D

Sam

Giga Poster
Alton Towers if you can manage to go on an off peak day, BPB if not.

^This is because Alton is an absolutely awesum day out if there are few queues, but on peak days the day is simply ruined by huge queues for all rides, BPB I hear is never all too crowded. This aside IMO Alton is a better park, it has better rides (if you have never been than the likes of Oblivion, Rita and Nemesis- all top rides await you- and all give amazing first rides (and re-rides :p)). Alton also has great thememing and has a more 'theme' park atmosphere to it.

Alton is also closer to Surrey!

So apart from on very busy days I would always choose Alton over BPB

A

Anonymous

Rather than let us choose our favourite parks, why not link it to what you want from a park:

Wood - BPB wins by a mile, AT has none.
Steel - AT wins, BPB only has a few quirky steel rides
Thrill Rides - BPB wins, AT have few decent thrill rides, Ripsaw is good, but so is RR
Water Rides - BPB, Valhalla is awesome
Atmosphere - Draw. BPB for the history, AT for the tranquility
Themeing - AT is superior.

So there you have it, pick what you want from a park and go for the one that will serve your needs.

andyc123

Roller Poster
I have a soft spot for steel coasters but mainly super-thrill rides. The only question is AT or BPB depending on this verdict?!

Sam

Giga Poster
When are you going?- As I said, if it's an off-peak day then Alton Towers if it is a peak day than BPB.

joe

Mega Poster
Well if I were you I would choose AT for the steel coasters. Both parks dont have a good selection of flats, so yeah AT. Tough choice though.

A

Anonymous

Hi

In My Honest Opinion choose BPB.

The atmosphere is great and the que times are 30 mins maximum even in the summer!!! Whereas i qued for air single rider and waited 1hr20mins!!!

the flat rides at BPB are awesome and slaughter the flats at AT. The wooden rides are superb and you cant beat the PMBO or Valhalla For A Great experience. AT may be more modernised, but maybe too modernised. Sometimes Older Is Better.

In this Case it definatley is!!!

A

Anonymous

I'm sorry to go against the vibe of the conversation but I'd have to say AT. Maybe because I'm in love with the themeing in that place, and the atmosphere that you simply could not match anywhere else in the world. It's a lot like Disney in the sense it's like nowhere else on earth. When you're at AT, you know you're at AT! Anyway, you can decide. Yeh, I might be going to AT in april too. I'd choose AT. If you value my opinion there it is in black and white :D

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Yeah, to be honest I'd say Alton Towers as well. For climatic reasons as much as anything.

I think you'll enjoy it much more than Blackpool, because Blackpool is best visited in the summer/illuminations season when its warm and you can stay out late.

joe

Mega Poster
It says in your coaster count you have been on AT coasters, but how comes you stated that you havent been to AT. A smell a lie.

Mike

Giga Poster
Well, I've been to AT for my last two B-Days (which is in September) and both times have been brilliant, so I would say Alton, but it is all your decision!

Kaycee

Roller Poster
I'd go for Alton if you've never been. Their coasters are fantastic - 4 out of their 6 big coasters were ground-breaking at the time they opened, got a fantastic variety of family/fun rides and then it has the atmosphere.

Nothing can beat AT's atmosphere. The smells, the music playing, the majestic looming of the Towers over the lake - the complete history about the place just makes it a very special day out.

I'd seriously say AT.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
BPB

The atomsphere is great, the feel of being in a park with so much history around you is great and the rides are fantastic.

Alton Towers has big queues, BPB does not and the rides at BPB are better IMO.

Go to BPB!