What's new

Helix Improvements for 2015

Temleh

Mega Poster
When Helix was announced by Liseberg, CEO Andreas Anderson said the ride would open with various theming elements unfinished. Some examples are ivy surrounding the station latticework, details on the walls in the queue, a waterfall at the bottom of one of the drops and on-ride audio (speakers already exist on the trains if you look).

It looks like the ride will re-open in 2015 with all of these features finished, making the coaster even more incredible than it already is. Does anyone else know more about this? I've heard the on-ride photo camera is changing location but have nothing to back this up other than hearsay. Hopefully this is true as your photo was taken on arguably the dullest part of the ride in 2014.

Matt.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
If this is true then I'm getting my ass back to Liseberg asap! I did read something about that they wanted to make it smoother on a Dutch coaster forum, but I'm not sure how they'd want to do that. Besides, it was smooth enough when I rode it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Adding more theming and effects? Awesome.

Remember when Maverick was going to have all of the additional cave runs and theming? Glad to see an amusement park delivering on the proposed concept.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This is what happens you have a proper theme park enthusiast in charge of a park.

Liseberg <3

nadroJ

CF Legend
Fab, as if this ride couldn't get any better. I'd love to see where this comes in the Mitch Hawker polls in the next few years <3

Dar

Hyper Poster
Has anyone heard anymore about this? Sounds exciting and makes me feel a little less bad that I had to miss its opening season! :p