What's new

Heide-Park to make its ”next major investment” in 2024

Lightning2

Roller Poster
So the major investment recently announced is already postponed. I seriously believe major investments at Heide Park only when I see it having been built.
I don't think it is. It's just not as major as we thought. I heard rumors that a dark ride is supposed to be build in the old log flume station.

Ethan

Strata Poster
That purple definitely fits the new Toxic Garden name because it's making me sick tbh. I'm hoping it fades a bit in the sun, maybe? I can't see it quite fitting in with the other coasters on that side of the lake. At least it'll brighten the skyline up a little, god knows that place needs it.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Are there any ideas of what's going into the Wildwasserbahn 2 station?

It would be a good fit for a flat ride, but I highly doubt it is due to the fact this is a Merlin park and Heide Park is literally a flat ride graveyard.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I can't see it quite fitting in with the other coasters on that side of the lake.
I'm a little conflicted because by itself I do think it looks decent. The purple contrasts well with the white, and it looks better than the faded grey supports. But zoomed out alongside Bobbahn, Flug, and Big Loop, it'll ruin the cohesive skyline.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Is it just me, or did theme parks forgot when they are opening for the season?
Seams like several parks did some „retheme“ of existing rides so late that they can’t even open it with a new paintjob for the new season.

Did the start of the season catch them by surprise?

TrevorHarkness

Roller Poster
It's always exciting to hear about upcoming investments in theme parks, and Heide-Park's announcement of a major investment in 2024 is no exception. While there are no details yet on what the investment will entail, it's possible that the park could use a big flat ride package to replace some of the flats that have been removed in the past decade. However, it's important to keep in mind that plans can change and evolve over time, so we'll have to wait for official announcements from the park to know for sure what their plans are. Nonetheless, it's great news for fans of the park and thrill-seekers alike!

cookie

Giga Poster
The former Krake Lebt! horror maze will be brought back next week as Mission Meeresgrund, and will be catering to kids and families unlike its predecessor. The original closed in 2015 and the building had sat unused since.

heide-park-maze-krake-mission-meeresgrund.jpeg

Last edited:

coasterrider

Roller Poster
The new park manager of Heide spoke to a local newspaper recently and confirmed a 4 year investment cycle (low, medium, low, high) is getting back on track post covid. 2023 with 'Toxic Garden' is a low investment year; and 2024 is a medium investment - not as major of one as previously reported.
Source

Work has begun around the circular former station building of Wildwasserbahn 2 (former Log Flume) which still exists under Flug Der Dämonen. Construction fences are up along parts of Flug's queue, and a new path to the building appears to be under construction. Presumably this then is the 2024 project?
index.php
index.php
index.php

Source

The SLC remains closed for the 'Toxic Garden' retheme work
index.php

A number of points can be seen where work has taken place on reshaping parts of the track
index.php

index.php
This would make sense, 2024 medium, 2025 low then 2026 high. 2026 could mean merlin are following a 1 coaster a year plan, Chessington 2023, Thorpe Park 2024, Alton Towers 2025, Heide Park 2026. Then maybe Gardaland could see a major investment in 2027. Not perfect because so many parks have been left so long but they can't add to them all at the same time, and at least it could bring an end to the 5 years since their last coaster.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Teasers for whatever is to come next year have started: https://www.heide-park.de/katakomben

A quote from Themepark Magic, although I'm not quite sure where the info has come from:

The German Heide Park has started teasing a major new attraction for 2024.
The story: recently something spectacular was discovered in the park. During excavation, ancient catacombs were discovered, which had apparently remained undiscovered for centuries under the earth's surface; directly below the B&M roller coaster "Flug der Dämonen".
It is still being discussed what exactly will be done with this incredible discovery. Sources close to Heide Park say the catacombs will be opened for tours as early as 2024 - a once-in-a-lifetime experience visitors will experience. "

cookie

Giga Poster
In an interview with the park’s managing director for the Heide-Park fansite Heide-Park World, the director mentioned that there are plans to do further work on Toxic Garden in 2024, including replacing the control system and replacing the friction brakes with magnetic ones, but it will be done ”silently” closer to the end of the 2024 season so it won’t impact the ride offering over the summer.

The 2024 addition, meanwhile, is planned to be ready for the Easter holidays. The managing director says to expect concrete details in the weeks following the park closing for the season on October 31st.

Source:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
design-ohne-titel-2.png
Introducing Dämonen Gruft (Demon's Tomb)

The park are marketing it as Germany's scariest dark ride (not hard, there's not really any scary dark rides), and say it will be a 3min experience, made by Preston and Barberi, and will seat 4 people per car.