What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think it looks quite fun actually haha. Yeah it's quite slow at some points, but all wingcoasters are...

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I don't think it looks as good as the other two wing coasters I've ridden but it should be fun. Really like the pentagram insignia they used; it really gives off an edgy vibe even if the ride itself isn't edgy. :p

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I think if they can cure the annoying wing coaster bounce that this sounds like it has, the layout and pacing look to be pretty much spot on. The opening looks good, and it seems to pass through the rest of the layout at reasonable speed. It's not going to be massively intense, but this looks like it has the potential to be one of the better wing coasters out there.

marc

CF Legend
Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

As I've said if people read, the reason for the bounce on this at the moment is due to the wheels which will be replaced when the weather warms up.

It will also be faster and smoother.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
MouseAT said:
I think if they can cure the annoying wing coaster bounce that this sounds like it has, the layout and pacing look to be pretty much spot on. The opening looks good, and it seems to pass through the rest of the layout at reasonable speed. It's not going to be massively intense, but this looks like it has the potential to be one of the better wing coasters out there.

But the thing is though, they got rid of the the last car for that very reason. It paces better, but it also looks like a slower ride compared to other wing coasters.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
It does look very...meh. The buildings there look very nice, although smaller theming objects look a miss. Not sure, going there this summer to see for myself. It just looks like another Wing Rider which isn't a bad thing, they are good coasters, just I don't find them amazing. I was hoping for this to be the next Raptor but it's more of The Swarm/ Wild Eagle mixed together. As I said, I'm sure it'll be a good ride, not doubt about that, but I don't expect to find it much better than Swarm.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The 'bounce' will be down to natural vibration occurrences, hence why the outside seats on these things is always a bit more 'juddery'...

It's annoying, but not sure if a shorter train will make much difference...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Judder-judder-judder.

Looks ok, don't really have much else to add really.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The bounce is literally the arm flexing, isn't it? It's not like with most coasters where the wheels aren't staying in tight contact with the track?

I think I'm more impressed with the way it looks than most of you are. But I don't think the wing coaster has the capacity to be anything outstanding.

Even Wild Eagle, which ignored obvious use of the wing gimmick and just went with being a decent looping coaster, isn't that great.

That said, what's the newest B&M that I've been like "that was really good!" Hm. :/ Probably Mamba, and I'm not convinced my appreciation of that was anything 'side of inexperience at the time.

For whatever reason, B&M just aren't making rides that push boundaries in terms of layout, force or landscaping anymore. I suspect a lot of that is down to the demands of a client.

I always expect something special from Heide Park though. I've never been, I'll be going later this year, but with the competition in Germany you'd expect the park to have to pull out the stops a bit. I'm not a Europa park fan, but the place clearly does well. Phantasialand is one of the best parks in the world and scattered accross the countries are some really great quality rides. It does appear that Heide get slightly better quality than the UK Merlin parks do, but it's funny they still choose gimmick when the rest of the countries park's clearly don't, often buying into old hardware. I'd be interested to know how Heide matches up to other premier German parks in attendance or satisfaction.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hey, I think it looks rather fun. Appreciate the unique layout and creative use of inversions.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I like it. Even the pacing on-ride looks good, off-ride it does look a bit labored and yeah, super juddery.
Hoping the judder goes a bit with the other wheels Marc mentioned, and if they increase the speed slightly then all the better.
Can't wait until May.

rich210uk

Mega Poster
Just got back from Heide Park and unfortunately its still very bumpy. I only got on twice and both times ended up at the back on the outer seat, I think it gave me whiplash :) Was really looking forward to Flug der Dämonen but left a bit disappointed. Plus I got so pinned in the seat I couldn't breath properly, oh B&M :(

Krake and Black Mamba the next day made up my poor B&M experience on our 2 park trip :lol: