What's new

Have you seen somebody famous at a theme park?

walker1104

Mega Poster
Apparently I saw 'Kev' from Corrination Street (I think it was that anyway haha) at Alton on Saturday. I had no idea, I've never watched the show. Someone pointed him out to me. It made sense as people seemed to keep stopping him to have pictures taken with him.

Jake

Strata Poster
Lol, it's funny how many members end up being at the same park but seperately...

Ian, I hate you for seeing Janine, she's AMAZING <3.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Through my work at Cedar Point in Guest Services, I was able to see:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Nascar Driver, his dad being the namesake of Cedar Fair's Intimidator coasters)
Daniel Gibson (NBA Player, Cleveland Cavaliers)
Saudi Arabia's Princes and Princesses (traveling in separate groups)

Other famous people I have seen while visiting:

Dolly Parton (Dollywood opening day for their 25th year anniversary)
Jeff Gordon (another Nascar driver)
Lebron James (NBA Player, formerly Cleveland Cavaliers now Miami Heat)

Artichoke

Mega Poster
Well, he's not a celebrity. But, I met Mark S Allen from Good Day Sacramento. A news program that comes on here in Sac. He's just as nice and hilarious as he is on tv :)

Dave

CF Legend
Not really seen anyone famous at a Theme Park to speak of....

I've met a load of famous people while working though.

Sam

Giga Poster
Yeah I met the lovely Carol Voderman at Chessington about 5 years ago- got her autograph and had a photo taken with her too!

bigcoaster95

Roller Poster
I saw the Jonas Brothers riding Fahrenheit at Hershey Park back in 2008. They didn't talk to anyone and they got to skip the huge 3 hour line. That increased my hate of them even more.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I saw Edith Bowman from Radio 1 in Adventure Island.

I was just buying my wristband, then turned around to see her behind me with a camera crew.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Over the years, Anyone who was on Scream if you know the answer, Simon Lipkin, Bassist of Queen, David Guest, some guy from Busted, Geri Haliwell twice, someone who was known as Heather from Eastenders, Peter Andre annnnnnnnnnnnnd the Goody..

The joys of working in a themepark..

Lofty

CF Legend
I forgot someone: Stephen Mulhern. The first day of Scarefest and he sat next to me on the long benches in the Alton Towers Hotel Bar!

sawalive

Roller Poster
I saw Peter Crouch at Alton Towers last summer with his family, Peter was too tall to go on Spinball whizzer/Sonic spinball and used a fair bit of Langauge the Oxford dictionary would not approve off! Fairly exciting to see someone like that though on a normal day!

reddude333

Giga Poster
I met Carly Schroeder and Christian Copelin (then acting in Lizzie McGuire which was one of my sister's favorite shows) at California Adventure in line for the Who Wants to be a Millionaire attraction way back in the day. Since then Carly Schroeder starred in Gracie which I wish I could have known at the time, haha.

They were both very nice and actually seemed kinda shy...[/code]

walker1104

Mega Poster
Another person for me. I saw Peter Crouch at Thorpe on Sunday. He was just getting harassed by everybody for pictures.

sawalive

Roller Poster
walker1104 said:
Another person for me. I saw Peter Crouch at Thorpe on Sunday. He was just getting harassed by everybody for pictures.
It was the same when I saw him at Alton towers, the GP just dont get it! He wants to have fun and have a good time with his family without all the hassle, it does not seem fair.

walker1104

Mega Poster
sawalive said:
walker1104 said:
It was the same when I saw him at Alton towers, the GP just dont get it! He wants to have fun and have a good time with his family without all the hassle, it does not seem fair.

Yeah, well we were walking behind him for a while. He headed to Tidal Wave in front of us. He must have been stopped around five times for pictures in the short distance between Inferno and Tidal Wave. It doesn't help that he's so tall though, he stands out so people automatically recognise him.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
So we've spotted Peter Crouch at both Alton Towers and Thorpe.

Has anyone else seen Peter Crouch at any other park? Maybe this should have its own topic. Hmmmmm.