What's new

Have you ever puked (or was close to) on a Rollercoaster?

Kebab

Giga Poster
Following the discussion that's going on within The Smiler topic, I thought it'd be worth making a topic about it. Personally I rarely feel sick on Rollercoasters, and I've never vommed on anything, I only feel remotely nauseous on flat rides such as Enterprise and Pandemonium. The closest I've got to puking on a rollercoaster was my first ride on Colossus at Thorpe, I felt my stomach go after the corkscrews and I was trying to fight the feeling. More recently, I got the same feeling whilst riding Dragon Khan and Stampida at PortAventura, but I think this was down to the intense heat and slight dehydration.

Heres a short video to get you talking:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8FG7OLJCTk[/youtube]

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Have you ever puked (or was close to) on a Rollercoaster

Never on a coaster, but I don't do spinning flats for that reason. Tilt-o-hurls and tea cups are just a major no go.

Nick P

Mega Poster

I've never felt sick on a coaster whatsoever, although I wasn't feeling so good on Enterprise (flat ride) right after eating lunch at Dorney Park. I rode Hydra right after, and wasn't so sure about the jo-jo roll, but I was completely fine.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Never puked, but do get motion sick on high G rides and Spinners. As for Flats, anything that spins is usually a no go for me.

marc

CF Legend

Never been sick on a coaster, but came very close on Katurn after riding 30mins none stop and lynett as well. I was not the only one lol.

A few as of late have made me feel sick but I am putting that down to being ill and I'm hoping that goes this year.

Only two rides have made me sick. A dive bomber and a chair swing ride lol.

Mike

Giga Poster

I once marathoned Rage at Adventure Island for quite a few rides on a completely empty stomach and puked a little bit in the bushes once I got off.

Other than that, there's been plenty of times where I've become motion sick from a ride and have had to lie down afterwards, but never to the point where I'm actually being sick.

Snowman

Roller Poster

Anything that involves spinning in circles is not the most enjoyable experience for me, though I specifically avoid such rides to avoid puking. I also used to not a huge fan of swinging motions, though that has gone away a bit and isn't so much a problem.

When I rode Flight of Fear for the first time, I came very near to being sick. Being in in the dark with no vision when you're turning, inverting, and generally not knowing which direction you're facing is not easy on the stomach. Even Skull Mountain at SFGAdv had me a bit nauseous, though not nearly as bad as Flight of Fear. Got off that ride and sat around for an hour while trying to recover.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Never, rode Colossus for half an hour and felt fine. I've never felt ill on a ride.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Not from a coaster, few fair ground rides have turned my stomach a bit.

bmac

Giga Poster

I felt ill on i305 after a few circuits, and after about 3 hours on Nitro in ~105 degree heat.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

I am still puke free in theme parks.

The only time I have ever felt any sort of sickness was when I volunteered for a live shot on Manta in Orlando. I ended up with 10ish rides in about an hour, and we really didn't have time to leave our seats.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Never on a coaster, but after riding Vertigo (Flying Fury) at Tivoli twice in a row, without food in my stomach, I was darn close to start puking all over the place.

Snoo

The Legend

tomahawKSU said:
Never on a coaster, but I don't do spinning flats for that reason. Tilt-o-hurls and tea cups are just a major no go.

This guy.

madhjsp

Giga Poster

Nothing I've ever been on has ever given me motion sickness. Not any amusement park ride, car, bus, boat, plane, whatever. The more intense the coaster, the spinnier the spinny ride, the better. Iron stomach, I guess.

That said, I certainly do get dizzy after riding very spinny rides like teacups (and who doesn't?), but I've never seen that as unpleasant.. quite the opposite, in fact. I have also at times felt a little lightheaded after repeat-riding intense coasters like I305 or the Hulk in hot weather, but that has more to do with dehydration than anything else.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Never - on any coaster (even nonstop ERT sessions) or any flat. I've ridden just about everything including tons of German fair flats with insane ride cycles and doing as many spins as possible on the Gerstlauer Sky Flyers & Sky Rollers. Don't know why, but rides just don't bother me in the slightest. The only time I get motion sickness is on a boat in the high seas if the boat isn't moving and just rolling with the waves.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I just remembered I got sick after marathoning Tatsu for 7 rides and then going to Goliath for 8 straight. Didn't throw up but I left shortly after. It was over 100 degrees outside and was horribly disgusting.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Nope, but I could barely stand after a hideous spinning thing at the Nottingham Goose Fair many years ago. That really knocked me about. I had just gone for lunch though and jumped straight onto the thing. I don't even know what it was.

Central spinning arms like a Twister and the carriage systems on the end rotated like a twister too. then the seats also span on the Y axis inverting you. So you had three spinning motions and it was set intense.

So yeah, I never felt like I was going to be sick, but movement was a real effort - like when you're really drunk.

Beyond that, it's not something that really bothers me at all.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Never, although I have felt dodgy after things like Batman Inverts or i305. Over the top intense coasters in heat are really not a good combination, you come off of them feeling hung over.

Lottie.

Mega Poster

Never. Rides don't affect me that way, even as a kid.

Rachel

Coaster MILF

Have never been sick after a coaster, but came very close once after riding Vortex at Thorpe Park.

Now refuse to go on this ride, I can tolerate spinning and swinging but not put together.