What's new

Have you ever embarrassed yourself on a ride?

Have you ever embarrassed yourself on a ride?

• Yes (post what)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm too cool to do anything embarassing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Have you ever done of seen anything embarrassing on a ride?

Somthing similar to this...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plv8upEUU8k&feature=related[/youtube]

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
yep - the zamperla gravoty coaster at flamingoland - thought I'd got stuck on it, there isn't much leg room and I had to really squeeze myself out..

also - The pirate ship at camelot (zamperla) - the rastraints are a bit tight on the old chest - and squished my ribs a lot! (one ride that is too small for my chest rther than my big gut....

Ollie

CF Legend
Mushroom. Peter and (Martyn (I think, it may of been Ciall) all squeezed into a single car of those Devils Barrels ride at Adventure Island. The cars are designed for 2 children maximum so it took us a while to all squeeze in. Our legs were a mess, all piled of and tangled up inside a tiny little circle. It was extremely painful, and to make matters worse, our car spun stupidly fast so that was crushing our legs even more and we spent most the ride screaming in pain.
I came off with a few bruises and my thighs hurt for the rest of the day.
Those who have been on it will feel our pain.

Here's a picture I got. You can't see much but you can see how cramped it is and how our legs are all tangled up.
SDC10450.jpg

Slash

Giga Poster
I went on the flying unicorn and goofy's barnstormer. With my mother, couldn't really get any worse other than if I was told I was too big XD

EDIT: Forgot Shamu Express

Steven

Giga Poster
Local fair a powered coaster vallyed after the first drop. I sorta asked the op if I could go on he said no because I was too big I said its money at the end of the day and I'm sure I can fit. He let me on but put me at the back next to a huge kid eating chocolate ice cream. It took 1 min to get up a tiny hill about 10 ft then we got over and it kinda gave up and rolled back a few feet. Did get the credit when they let me ride it on my own at the front though as a don't sue us gesture.

First video and coaster on page. http://20somethingmotherhood.blogspot.c ... ndian.html

Steven

Giga Poster
They just said this which I found funny, "Please sign here to say you won't sue us for not giving money back and breaching H and S rules. If you really want a coaster credit that badly we will let you ride again free at your own risk, but on your own."

Emmett

Giga Poster
I made an idiot of myslef when trying to go on Revolution at BPB when I was younger. I ended up getting the front seat and just totally panicked when seeing the drop ahead. I ended up screaming and the ride op had to calm me down and let me out.

Same thing nearly happened with my friend on it a a few years ago. He thought it only went forward but when when we reached to other side and I told him it went backwards too, he panicked. It was very funny and he never went on it again after that.

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
well i went to thorpe park with a friend and went on saw and x no way out and my friend started to feel ill and i thought she would be alrite on the flying fish but she was sick on it

Snoo

The Legend
UC said:
Me + Marcus + Quassy's Mad Mouse.

As it turns out, two people over 5'10" and weighing a combined 380 pounds aren't meant to sit in the same car.

Epic.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I used to shout as loud as I could '**** me harder!' on any rides I enjoyed, getting weird looks from the people on the train I was on.

Thankfully, I stopped doing that a while back :lol:

Error

Strata Poster
I haven't embarrassed myself, but I have embarrassed others while working at CP.

"YEAH! Ride on!"

"Sir, that's 'I love you'"

"What, really?"

"Yeah, need to keep the thumb in."

All while over the mic system on maXair.

Yes, I mean, there have been numerous occassions where I have cried and have had to be let out of the restraints because I made a scene on rides. I was a youngin' though!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Yes, probally.

The most recent was when I couldn't get my leg over the Stealth car, rushing over from SRQ. Someone sat on the left side to make it akward. I just couldn't get over.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
:lol: I really embarrassed myself once which was on that tarantula ride at WMSP last year. What happened was I kinda struggled to get in the seat as the lapbar was pretty low and then after the ride finished I almost tripped as I got out the carriage :lol: and then I ran to the entrance of the ride trying to unlock the gate thinking it was the exit and basically made a complete fool of myself. :oops:

Kebab

Giga Poster
It wasn't at a theme park but at the Eagle Park zoo in Tenerife, when I was about 10, they had this stupid bobsled ride which gives you full control of when to brake etc. It wasn't the fact that I braked too many times; as I flew around the course no problem, it was just the end where I needed to depart the station.

The operator spoke to me in Spanish so I just tagged along (I didn't have a clue what he was on about though). It looked as if he told me to get out the car, but as I got out another car came towards me at high speeds and wasn't braking. So I panicked and jumped back into my car and took the pain :lol:

Then everyone was just looking at me in shock, I was like "I'm fine". Went back to the hotel room with a huge lump on my spine... :(

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
this wasn't really embarrassing, more like an epic win.
Me and my uncle Dave (Im 6'5" and weigh 235 lbs, he is 6'3" and weighs about the same) were on the Mountain SlideWinder at DollyWood last year, and we were both on raft #6. We rode it and came back for another ride after about 20 minutes, when we got to the station on the top of the mountain we were stopped in line because a raft had gotten stuck. We asked the ride operator what was going on and she said, "Well, we are having problems with raft #6, the two guys rode it and messed up the treads on the bottom. So those guys just ruined your chance of riding it for about 20 more minutes." Me and my uncle replied, that's too bad. WIN

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Most (all) of my ORPs are embarrassing, but also getting stuck on Infusion trying to undo the seat belt for someone to come over and do it for me 'cos it turned out I was doing it the wrong way. I looked and felt like an idiot. Same thing happened on Rita, only trying to fasten it. Another reason to hate Rita.