What's new

Have You Ever Been Evacuated?!

A

Anonymous

I got evacuated off X nwo at Thorpe Park and they lit up the whole place, it was a mess though but I felt lucky to see it for once. Was at the 3rd time it stops.

A

Anonymous

lol. yes, from Kanonen at Liserberg, got all the way round and the ride broke down so we got evacuated just before the station, had to get the battery pack out to open us up. So funny, Will said that we had to go on it again to get the credit as we technically didnt make it back to the station so it wasnt a full ride. lol. And we did ride it again later. We were inches from being inside the station, right behind the next train ready to launch but the ride broke down. Good times!

A

Anonymous

No, but I was on a breakdown of about 2 min on... Air. Oh. My. God.

Vicki

Roller Poster
Aha! I can say now, that I HAVE been evacuated!

Was on Hex at Scarefest in 2008, and we got into the vault, bars came down, waiting to start etcetc. The doors kept opening and closing, we all thought it was a joke with it being scarefest, but nope, had to leave the ride. Got a priority pass and everything :)

Still not been evacuated off a coaster, though with riding Thirteen you never know these days! Although I think it'd be scary for me as I'm not too great with heights! Especially without my glasses!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Yes and no.

I've never been evacuated from a broken ride, (only been broken down 3 or 4 times) but in 2007, on closing night at 6FGAm, the maintenance guys gave the whole American Eagle crew 2 or 3 laps after closing time, and we manually released ourselves on the brake run, then boarded the other train in the station each time.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Yes. :D

Me and my dad got evacuated from The Ultimate @ Lightwater Valley around September last year and the train we were in got about halfway through the little bumps just before the second lift hill until it just kept getting slower and just stopped. The reason why it stalled was because it was VERY windy that day so I wasn't really surprised it stalled. So yeah, we waited for the maintenance people to come help us out the train and we all had to get in this minibus and they drove us back to the station and gave us front row passes for it but the passes were pointless cause it didn't open for the rest of the day which was a bummer as it is the best ride there and was the main reason we travelled up there for.

Coolyclo

Roller Poster
River Rapids Evacuation!

At Alton Towers, me, my sister and her friend had to be evacuated from the River Rapids because it had broken down. We were really close to the end of the ride and we were some of the last people to be evacuated! We got a special ride pass to go through the exit queue on another ride that was listed on the pass. They said we could use it as many times as we wanted, so we went to The Flume, but they took it off us! Not the best time ever, I'll admit. Funny though :--D

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Yes... from The Ultimate last year when it failed to attach to the second lift. Got a mini-bus back to the station and a one-use queue jumping pass for the ride.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yep - Me, Neal and Peter were evacuated from The Flume at Alton after a storm brought down a piece of tree onto the second lift before the indoor drop and thus caused a boat to get stuck, causing around 15 others including our own to get stuck.

I was told off for filming the millions of litres of water flooding down into the Haunted Hollow and into the specially placed lake ;) I was also told off for trying to get a better view of said water, and for not facing the front...:p

Got an exit pass each for Hex, which was Hex Live that day, so meant we could skip the laughably long queue line.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
Evacuated from the rapids ride at legoland before the lift at the end. The people behind us got stuck under the spray :eek:

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Colossus at Thorpe on its lift hill which has been mentioned before by several members

Dragon Falls at Chessie, right at the end, had to walk the boats.

Kanonen at Liseberg. Broke down in the brakes just before the station.

Think thats about it =]

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
ONCE! I've had such frustration never getting an evac but we got evacuted off Jurrasic Park at IOA Christmas just gone. It was pretty cool, we got to see Potter construction which was great.

We stopped just before the climb hill though, some got stuck at the top. Still, twas pretty cool!

A

Anonymous

Tower of Terror, Disney Studios Paris :)

Didnt have a camera as I'd left it with a non rider but the Arm that pushes the car into the drop shaft jammed leaving the car half in/ half out the station. my lasting memory when the lights came up was that the cars floor was a metal grate which you could see through to the bottom of the shaft (I was sat on the back row)- T'was a pretty cool behind the scenes look at one of Disneys best themed rides and we got straight back on it as they just loaded us into another shaft!

Done Space Mountain in Florida with the lights on too! That was an experience to say the least... :lol:

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Got evacuated off of Popeye's raft ride at Universal
also got evacuated off of LC's Boulderdash, LC's Wildcat, LC's Zoomerang

Tower of Terror - WDW
Rock 'n Rollercoaster (rollback)
Mission Space - WDW
Test Track - WDW
Dinosaur! - WDW

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Only had an evac on Vahalla, last year, just as we were being turned around to go down the backwards drop. Walked through the innards of the place, it's just wet and manky.

I was also there when Chessington had the power cut last year, free tickets ftw.

Jools

Giga Poster
Have been evacuated from:

Enigma, the brakes broke at the end

Colossus, don't know what happened there, we were on the brake run at the end.

Oblivion, due to the bad weather, I don't know, but it stopped on the chain lift.

I can't remember if there are any others.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I was evacuated from the Simpsons Ride at Universal, the door of the car thing didn't shut and we were left in the loading area while the movie was going on above us.

So, we finally got out of the car and got in a different one.

alexdude98

Mega Poster
Never been evacuated BUT when I went to Universal Studios Florida, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit kept stalling on every block brake it could find. 5 minutes at every block brake from the vertical lift hill. Wow, that was fun.

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Enicomb said:
I was also there when Chessington had the power cut last year, free tickets ftw.
Same.
Was you on any ride at the time?
Kind of lucky as we just took a lunch break minutes before it happened :lol:

I saw people getting evacuated off one of the tops of a hill on Dragons Fury with harnesses and caribenas being involved