What's new

Haunted attractions.....

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
No, because ghosts aren't any more real than Santa. Or God.

End of topic.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
My personal favorite lore is from the old Frontier Town Carousel at Cedar Point, which now resides at Dorney Park. (And let me say, what a damn good carousel it is!)

3567246111_3ae63532eb_z.jpg

On this carousel there was a Military Horse, absolutely gorgeous design by Daniel Muller depicting a Civil War era horse: black in color, with a military saddle holstering a revolver and sword. I remember growing up with this Carousel at CP, and regularly scrambling to try to land a seat on this horse.

Legend has it that the carousel would mysteriously begin to run at night, with a ghost woman seen riding the Military Horse. Some say that the ghost woman is the spirit of Muller's wife, who became obsessed with the horse in life. Others say that Muller murdered his wife, burying her remains inside the horse, and hid the murder weapons on the horse itself, hence the depiction of the revolver and sword.

Cedar Point has played on this legend in the past, even setting up a sideshow during Halloweekends with the real Military Horse on display, which occasionally would have the image of an old woman riding superposed onto it.

Ultimately the carousel was moved to Dorney Park when Cedar Fair bought the park. The part of the carousel that was not shipped was the Military Horse, which remains on display in the Town Hall Museum in Frontier Town. There is also a fiberglass replica at the Merry-Go-Round Museum in Sandusky.

Daniel Muller also designed the famous Armored Horse, which formerly was used on the Kiddie Kingdom Carousel. This horse was used for as a U.S. postage stamp image in 1988. It has since been replaced with a fiberglass replica, and is also on display in the Town Hall Museum. Not haunted, but definitely another gorgeous creation.

CarouselPostSignedB.jpg

Mike

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIaLxrrw8o[/youtube]

Make of that what you will.

Complete and utter rubbish if you ask me. :p

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Just watched all the parts... What a load of bollocks. That guy who could "communicate" with the spirits, sounded like he knew a whole bunch of facts beforehand. It sounded far too prepared and accurate.

Most Haunted?
Most Bollocks.

Don't believe any of it.

Mike

Giga Poster
What do you expect, it's Derek Acorah! :lol:

I've just noticed there's also an Alton Towers one on Youtube. **** me if I'm watching it though! :p

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Yesterday channel recently ran a programme where Michaela Strachan "investigated" the ghosts at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. It was mostly the Ghost Train (apparently the world's only "genuinely haunted" ghost ride) but there was also something about the Flying Machines.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, Derek Acorah made up some bollocks about a little boy who used to live in a house that was knocked down to make way for the Flying Machines. He lived in a dirty Victorian terrace and probably talked like Dick Van Dyke and would have died due to some Victorian poor person disease because, despite constantly talking to the dead, Derek Acorah has absolutely no grasp of history and didn't realise that the Flying Machines was built on a sand dune that had never been inhabited (the Blackpool we see today pretty much didn't exist when they were built and the sea used to come right up the Big Dipper, Flying Machines was on the beach).

It's all, obviously crap. I know somebody did some work for them, and they said it was all set up. Acorah is fed information on the locations beforehand, so he can do some minimal research and make **** up. Then the crews do things like chuck stones at the presenters to scare the crap out of them.

Complete and utter bollocks.

I wrote a piece about being on Hex alone, on Halloween once, many years ago. It's very odd going on an attraction like that with nobody else, at 9:00 p.m. in the dark (not that it's any darker inside because it's dark outside, but DARKNESS!). Of course, I'm not sensitive to the ghosts who always make their presence known in that area, due to the fact I don't believe in them, so they don't waste their time with me.

Lofty

CF Legend
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I can vouch for the story being made up, but it wasn't Derek. It was the researchers of the show. Everything on the show is predetermined weeks in advance, scripts are given out, and everything is completely farcical. If you want proof, Jason on the video, is my Boss and very good friend and has been for 6 years or so. Ha. That video makes me laugh so much.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
It was a young person on the Flying Machines but I think the story was of someone trapped in the machinery (but I could be misremembering). The Ghost Train story was of "Cloggy" - a former operator who now haunts the ride by running his fingers through riders' hair.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The story has changed since the one they made up for Most Haunted then. They said he'd lived on the site in a hovel or something.

Now I don't know who to believe! ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
Hahaha. The story I'd heard is the Cloggy story, which WAS made up completely for the sake of a TV show.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I just can't believe that people would make up a ghost story like that.

I've lost all faith in humanity and don't know who to trust anymore.