What's new

Has it all been done?

Jer

Strata Poster
Here is an interesting question i've been wondering. Do you think we have reached the limit of inversions? Have all the possibility of inversions been explored? or do you think that there are still companies out there who will think of new and creative ideas for a new inversion?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Quite honestly? No.

That new Eurofighter thing at Fuji Q shows that companies are still exploring new ideas. Starry Night Ripper has got the 1.5 flip zero-g roll.

I think they'll still continue to push the boundaries.

A101

Mega Poster
No, there's still more out there.

Off the top of my head, what about a zero-g roll upwards blended with an immelmen?

Ben

CF Legend
^That could be fab haha. Maybe on a Flyer, have like, the start of that 1.5 zero-g thing followed by a half-loop instead of half twist <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Kinda like this bad boy:

78os0054f3t7ume8efc09q.jpg

:p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well no, it has the 1.5 flips into the half loop. Just like you were saying. Well, nearly anyway.

Isn't there some Togo contraption with an element like that? I'm sure I've seen on somewhere where it has an uphill barrel roll into the diving loop thing (like on Manhattan Express)... let me see if I can find it...

[edit] I think I must be thinking of this one: http://www.rcdb.com/1284.htm It has the heartline roll and the dive loop, but not consecutively. It's the one I was picturing though. Oh well...

A

Anonymous

^ Manhattan express have that same inversion as the Mega Coaster at Hamanako Pal Pal...

A

Anonymous

Manhattan Express (aka Roller Coaster) is definitely Togo.

But yeah Mystery Mine have that exact Inversion that Ben talked about.

Ben

CF Legend
Noooo, it doesn't.

Take the zero-g, and THEN a half loop. It would NOT be possible on anything other than a flyer because you'd go into it flying, and then out of it on your back.

Hence it being a variation on the Starry Night Ripper inversion...

Purplepoplis

Roller Poster
In short, it hasn't all been done. Take the "double take" on Rip Ride Rocket. It is a barrel roll mixed with a loop. You could add that to a dive loop, cobra roll, or even a corkscrew! :--D