What's new

Harry Potter Studios

Ethan

Strata Poster
Not really a theme park, but this looks quite fun...

http://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/

bfiOY.jpg

It's in Watford, and it's where some of the Harry Potter films were filmed! It has sets, models, and other interactive stuff.

No rides as far as I know of. To be honest though, I don't think coasters etc would really fit in with the whole studio thing. I don't think you can compare this to Harry Potter World at IoA though...

Adult tickets are £28, a bit less for kids. There's also a Studio Cafe, and this place opens this Spring [I think]!

Thoughts?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Thanks guys. Yeah, I think I might take my Mum along, she was very jealous of me going to IoA potter.
This looks fab in a completely different way though

Mark

Strata Poster
^Hahaha. I have to take my mum for the same reasons too Sue lol

Also, the whole thing about it being there for a few years only isn't strictly true. To begin with it will only feature Harry Potter, however in the future they will also add other film sets to the tour as more films are made there etc...

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah it`s a stones throw away from where I used to live, my mum and brother are going in a few weeks time, they`re Harry Potter mad and have been going on about it for months.

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
Where I live would take me at least 5 hours to get to London, :( plus I'm not interested in Harry Potter. :eek: So I'm not going :twisted:

Lofty

CF Legend
Gangster4Life said:
Where I live would take me at least 5 hours to get to London, :( plus I'm not interested in Harry Potter. :eek: So I'm not going :twisted:
5 Hours from Nelson? Driving, yes, train, No. It's not long off of 2 hours from Preston and the trains from Nelson to Preston take like 20 minutes...

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Should take about 4 hours drive from Nelson to WB Studio Tour. The question is: how long will you spend there once you arrive?

I quite fancy this but will see what gets added over the years as it seems a bit pricey. The nearest I can compare it to is the Doctor Who Experience and I milked that for 3 hours.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
There is a large Billboard in Cardiff advertising it, showing one of the streets from the Harry Potter films. Also has the website and telling you to book a tour.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ The glamorous life of an Extra... Sleeping, Eating, Laying around doing nothing for 10 seconds worth of filming, Ha!

WildMouse

Roller Poster
It's a fun diversion from 'real work' when done in moderation. But anyway. Yeah. I'm sure HP fans will love the studio tour. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
WildMouse said:
It's a fun diversion from 'real work' when done in moderation. But anyway. Yeah. I'm sure HP fans will love the studio tour. :p
Can't agree more, on both counts!

I'm really looking forward to going, I was fuming when my Auntie said I HAD to take my Cousin.. Honest.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
WildMouse said:
Had many a snooze in the Great Hall when working on the HP films as an extra/stand in!

I knew I recognised you. You look bigger on a 50 foot screen though ;)

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
If you think 5 hours from Nelson to London is unbelievable, try Nelson to Southend, that would take 9 hours.

Plus my chauffeur(my bro) would bring his kids & they'd wanna go home after 3 hours.

I'm to cool) for trains.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Southend is an hour from London. Call it an hour and ten minutes by the time you take the tube to the right station.

And yes, you are clearly incredibly cool) given that you have to rely on your brother to take you everywhere.