Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
**** ing stupid. No comedic value whatsoever.

End of topic.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Its stupid, pointless and I have no idea what the hell people were thinking.

"HEY! LETS PRETEND WE ARE HAVING AN EFFING SEIZURE!"

Ugh. Although, I have only seen one video that was worth it, and it involved it getting pulled off of youtube due to its content :lol:

But in all honesty, this 'fad' just sucks. At least Yatta! and Geddan were fun-ish.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I'll be the first then, I like it.

Well, some of them. The ones where people have actually used imagination rather than just put a mask on in their bedroom.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Smithy said:
I'll be the first then, I like it.

Well, some of them. The ones where people have actually used imagination rather than just put a mask on in their bedroom.
This guy. Most are ****, but every now and again a good one comes up. Like this one:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgg1WUJhUc4[/youtube]

:D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Have yet to see one video, and I will do all I can to continue to not see it. It's **** retarded. How is it considered music for one, and two, how does **** like this get popular when there are people who give everything to make good, quality music that has a good sound and message, and THIS gets popular. This is just the next evolution of stupid. I hope the next one is people in front of an oncoming train, I would watch the end of that one.

Smithy

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
Have yet to see one video, and I will do all I can to continue to not see it. It's **** retarded. How is it considered music for one, and two, how does **** like this get popular when there are people who give everything to make good, quality music that has a good sound and message, and THIS gets popular. This is just the next evolution of stupid. I hope the next one is people in front of an oncoming train, I would watch the end of that one.

You seem like a barrel of fun.

Just wondering how you can criticise it so strongly if you claim to have not watched a single video?

It's not the song that's popular it's the video, people aren't watching or making videos for the music it's the whole package, but mainly their humour comes from the extent to which some people go after the reveal to be 'weird'.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I absolutely love it. Actually, I was in one. It makes no sense whatsoever, and the origins of the dance are absolutely awful, but it's just a way to have fun. Particularly, I enjoy seeing people's creativity. Granted, ideas are running out and many are becoming crap, but every now and then you'll still see a good one.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
tomahawKSU said:

You seem like a barrel of fun.

Just wondering how you can criticise it so strongly if you claim to have not watched a single video?

It's not the song that's popular it's the video, people aren't watching or making videos for the music it's the whole package, but mainly their humour comes from the extent to which some people go after the reveal to be 'weird'.

Someone explained the premise of it, and I saw a clip on the news, as well as screenshots of people doing it (obviously not the same thing) and it just sounds absolutely idiotic. I just watched the washing machine one, and my question is just why? Pointless stupidity.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Antinos said:
I absolutely love it. Actually, I was in one. It makes no sense whatsoever, and the origins of the dance are absolutely awful, but it's just a way to have fun. Particularly, I enjoy seeing people's creativity. Granted, ideas are running out and many are becoming crap, but every now and then you'll still see a good one.

Video link?

Anyway I was planning on doing one with my lazer tag buds, just for the sake of making one. And I agree with exactly what you said. Coral de sarita? What? I have no idea what the heck that means, but it's still fun just because of the fact that it's popular and every 2 days a new one is created. It's only fun because people are in to it, just like Gangnam Style.

Smithy

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
Someone explained the premise of it, and I saw a clip on the news, as well as screenshots of people doing it (obviously not the same thing) and it just sounds like an absolutely idiotic. I just watched the washing machine one, and my question is just why? Pointless stupidity.

That's the point, it goes from sensible 10 seconds to absolutely idiotic 10 seconds. With the challenge being can the people involved be so idiotic that it gets a laugh out of people. Many people apparently find it funny.

Bit much to wish death upon anyone who does tbh, far worse things on Youtube that warrant that

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Meh. It's just another dumb internet fad, and as Hixee said, some of them are better than others. I'm personally tired of it, but I don't get the hate for it either. It'll die down soon enough & the interwebz will move on to something else... which will undoubtedly be just as polarizing as this is, and Gangnam Style was before that, and Rickrolling was way before that.

peep

CF Legend
Gah, so much negativity for some silly fun.

I think they're funny, yes there are loads of awful ones but the ones that do it well are just brilliant. I think the way it became so huge in such a small amount of time is what astounds me.