What's new

Hard Rock Park has been named...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It sounds like a theme park within a multi-cultured festival :p Sounds awesome, and still maintains the Hard Rock spirit that was originality put into it. Not too sure on the name though :p

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Such an awful name.

This whole process is just really sad and depressing to me. HRP just always felt like 'my' park since it was the first one I'd watch get built from the ground up and attend all the media stuff and have all those opportunities. Seeing the story and themes that Steve and Jon created get destroyed is just really unfortunate. Led Zeppelin, especially-- that coaster's queue was just so well themed specifically to the band.. the station was built with carvings and all this great stuff. Still too, the ride without music is going to feel so strange to me.

But anyway, I'll stop being sentimental now... I hope the park succeeds... I just hope they don't lose the original amazing details the park opened with.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
CedarPoint6 said:
Led Zeppelin, especially-- that coaster's queue was just so well themed specifically to the band.. the station was built with carvings and all this great stuff. Still too, the ride without music is going to feel so strange to me.
I was hoping that they would leave the themeing for Led Zep alone. I can't imagine what they can re-theme it as, considering that it has a giant blimp as a station. Where did you get the information that the coaster will not have any music?

wash

Mega Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
I can't imagine what they can re-theme it as
At this rate I'm guessing it will be Twister Coaster 1. But we can't really blame them. After all, they were hard at work for at least three days coming up with a new name. :roll:
I'm gonna go lie down...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I guess they're trying to attract a wider audience, or that they felt "Hard Rock" made some people who dislike rock think they wouldn't like it and not go.

Name is a little lame though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Sounds like a name an RCT noob would come up with....

Hopefully the park will thrive, looking at photos of it previously it just seemed really spacious and bare. Some parts were extremely well themed (Led Zep) then others were a bit...what? (The whole 'London' area) A lot of the park seemed half-finished and nowhere near ready for opening so I'm hoping at the new owners of the park really give it all they've got to make this park a success.

Crow

Mega Poster
I think it would sound better if they knocked off the music part and just named it: Free Style Park.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Terrible name, why not just Music Park?

I told you there would be a theme park themed to all music, not just one genre....

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm amused to be honest :lol:
Why that has happened I really don't know :?

Is this a hoax...

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
^ No it's not, eeew, I was gonna go, Hard Rock park sounds so 'oooooooooo!' but Freestyle Music Park sounds so 'eeeeeeeew!', I COULD have said "I went to Hard Rock Park, like the theme park version of Hard Rock Cafe" If that makes sense.... But I don't want to say "I've been to Freestyle Music Park" Sounds like some sort of hippy music mixed with skate park.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, Freestyle Music Park is a really terrible and odd name, and kind of a mouthful too...

Ewww, whack!

I think it's so lame that Hard Rock Park had to like, fail. I thought it looked like a really well themed park and generally just a nice place to spend the day, but like UC said, it all comes down to poor financial planning, so it's hard to fee sorry.

The name does kind of suck though, but as long as they can pull off a good park that actually lasts more than a season, I'll be happy.

Seriously though, HRP was not a park I expected to shut down that soon.