What's new

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Rides sold

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
owenrita121 said:
^I used to live in Asia, it's a place I would never like to go back to in a rush, the animal cruelty, the pollution, it's horrendous, you are rude, not just about this about many things on this whole forum, your the only person who needs to wind their neck in.


You're right. Ben is generally rude to everyone, and your far from the first to call him out on it. He seems to take great pleasure in disagreeing with pretty much everything anyone else likes or thinks. I basically just skip past his posts now.


That said, Led Zep wasn't the best B&M coaster ever built, in fact far from it. However, getting to listen to music on-ride is typically pretty nice, and that was the case in Myrtle Beach, too. I imagine that if they continue to play music on-ride that chances are that it probably won't be anything we are too keen on hearing.
 

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
Looks like the park is "turnkey", just needs the right investor to get things rolling! :)

Was this the biggest failure in the industry?


Many of the rides have been disassembled and sold. It's far from turnkey at this point.

Biggest failure? Hard to say. It isn't the first park to fail, but perhaps the one with the most promise to do so, so quickly. The money spent and lost on this park is somewhat less a mystery than it once was, but similar information on other failed parks is generally hard to come by.

The end of Opryland USA was quite a boondoggle, though. That might be the best competition as none of the Dubailand stuff got very far along. There was a park in Wichita, Kansas that failed pretty horribly during its first season, but I don't think it had as much money invested in it as HRP/FMP had.
 

Ben

Social Media Team
Social Media Team
owenrita121 said:
^I used to live in Asia, it's a place I would never like to go back to in a rush, the animal cruelty, the pollution, it's horrendous, you are rude, not just about this about many things on this whole forum, your the only person who needs to wind their neck in.

*You're.

If you're going to mouth off to me at least have the decency to get it right.

So now you've written off the whole of Asia as 'horrendous', good one. If you have no ambition to go and get it then sit down and shut up, creds go around the World, you either go get them or you don't. That's your choice. Just go back to America where they treat animals nicely, maybe you could go to Sea World?

I'm not rude, I'll just call you out if you're basic.
 

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I was talking about myself, it doesn't affect you in anyway, shape or form so you had no reason to comment, you like to argue over the internet, rather pathetic.
 

Darren B

Giga Poster
Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Rides for sale

Ben said:
^You know they let foreigners in to Vietnam now right?

Going back to the comments from March, don't be so basic Darren, Vietnam is fabulous, love an excuse to go back <3

I don't care, I won't be heading there anytime soon. I'd much rather keep on going back to the states and mainland Europe before I start thinking about Asia (obvs China & Japan are on the cards) but I don't want to be going to the lesser known cred countries just yet.

I may be basic but don't put in Owenrita's league of basic <///3
 

Ben

Social Media Team
Social Media Team
owenrita121 said:
I was talking about myself, it doesn't affect you in anyway, shape or form so you had no reason to comment, you like to argue over the internet, rather pathetic.

Just to be clear, you're aware you are also arguing over the Internet? Let's just be clear here before you start calling the kettle black.

And Rollermonkey, feeling is mutual, I completely skipped over your post until someone pointed it out. But someone with a count over 1000 who tries to say creds are unimportant is a whole new level of basic, so you can't blame me for ignoring anything you ever say.
 

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
rollermonkey said:
rtotheizzo17 said:
Looks like the park is "turnkey", just needs the right investor to get things rolling! :)

Was this the biggest failure in the industry?


Many of the rides have been disassembled and sold. It's far from turnkey at this point.

Biggest failure? Hard to say. It isn't the first park to fail, but perhaps the one with the most promise to do so, so quickly. The money spent and lost on this park is somewhat less a mystery than it once was, but similar information on other failed parks is generally hard to come by.

The end of Opryland USA was quite a boondoggle, though. That might be the best competition as none of the Dubailand stuff got very far along. There was a park in Wichita, Kansas that failed pretty horribly during its first season, but I don't think it had as much money invested in it as HRP/FMP had.

Yeah I know it was sarcasm. Six Flags New Orleans might look in better shape right now.
 

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Following this article I wrote on possible parks in Vietnam the rides could be going to I have been keeping an eye on each of them and its paid off today.

Turns out The Vekoma Mine Train previously known as Iron Horse/Eagles: Life In The Fast Lane has turned up at the under construction Asia Park in Da Nang.

There is still plenty of construction on going and It’s possible if not extremely likely that some of the other rides will turn up soon including the B&M built Time Machine/Led Zeppelin.

Hardrocky1.jpg


Hardrocky9.jpg


Hardrocky5.jpg


Hardrocky3.jpg

Source
 

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Nice. Somehow I knew you would be the first to update this topic. :wink:
 

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Found Time Machine.
It's currently sat in Halong Bay in Vietnam waiting to be set up at a new park called Ocean Park.
The park is owned by the same people opening Asian Park in Da Nang which has the other coasters from Hard Rock/Freestyle

Time.jpg

Track for Time Machine is sat waiting.

Time2.jpg

An amazing location though. The park does look small.

Can also confirm that all 4 of the other coasters are going to the Da Nang Park thanks to the plans posted outside the park. So even the Premier ferris wheel coaster is heading there.
Dan1.jpg

Source
 

gavin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
Ha long Bay is stunning. Too bad that the nearest airport/city/way in is Hanoi. Such a **** hole.
 

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
More construction from Vietnam.

It may not be people's favorite coaster but considering the best open ride in the country at the moment is probably a Vekoma junior boomerang this is a big step up.

rock2.jpg


rock1.jpg
 

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It looks so nice. Too bad it rides like ****.

Thanks for all the updates you've been posting and it looks like it's not just Gavin, Ben and myself that are interested in your posts. :wink:
 

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Looks like the ride is finished.

Check out this awesome drone footage from the now finished ride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL67HOXFDxo[/youtube]
 

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Moderator
Social Media Team
Looking good. Bizarre to think this roller coaster has spent more of its life not operating/in pieces - hopefully it will see real use this go round!
 

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Thanks for all the fantastic updates! It's really interesting to see these new parks grow from the ground up.

Here's an interesting thought - now that this ride is no longer SBNO, that means every single one of the 99 B&Ms is either operating or under construction somewhere . That's one hell of a feat for a company which has existed for 25 years!

Anyway, why was this ride so bad? Was it just the pinnacle of B&M forcelessness?
 
Top