What's new

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Rides sold

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Rides for sale

I wonder where they are going to end up. Hopefully not in some asian park that no one has ever heard about or even worse, in some storage shed somewhere in Brazil...

Darren B

Giga Poster

I'm don't have an opinion either way where the majority of the rides go, but I'd love a UK park to snap up the Time Machine. If Walygator Parc can afford to purchase a similar sized B&M then why couldn't a smaller park in the UK? It would be quite a loan needed to purchase it, but it would surely pay for itself within a few years.

Flamingoland, Lightwater Valley, Drayton Manor, even Pleasurewood hills COULD make the purchase.

Of course they won't, and it'll end up in Asia.

EthC

Mega Poster

fingers crossed its atleast in like The US or in Europe because those rides even if they were abit mediocre compared to others its still a load of awesome second hand rides!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

the rumor going around is that Seabreeze's two new Flats are from Freestyle Music park.

Wouldn't surprise me but I'm not even sure if FMP had the flats to begin with

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

It was confirmed by the park on their facebook that they did indeed buy the HRP/FMP Samba Tower and Wave Swinger.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

So if all of us on CF chip in this much... ;)

I really fear for Time Machine. It seems like a great coaster I sadly never got to experience and I'd hate for such a close coaster I missed to go to the other side of the world. It looks nice and intense, and I hope I get to experience it for myself someday.

That being said, Myrtle Beach needs a theme park. Any tourist area that big does.

Maybe Six Flags could buy it and distribute it where needed. SFOT needs a modern sitdown looper, maybe a little paint could give it a slight western steampunk theme?

Darren B

Giga Poster

^Like I stated before I have the horrible feeling it'll go to Asia.

I know realistically it's not coming to the UK so I'm hoping it stays in the US. I always thought when FMP closed that SFOG may purchase it in the near future, it makes sense as they don't have a decent traditional looping coaster, ok so they have Ninja, but I doubt it's aged well, and a B&M is a class above.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Darren B said:
^Like I stated before I have the horrible feeling it'll go to Asia.

I know realistically it's not coming to the UK so I'm hoping it stays in the US. I always thought when FMP closed that SFOG may purchase it in the near future, it makes sense as they don't have a decent traditional looping coaster, ok so they have Ninja, but I doubt it's aged well, and a B&M is a class above.
Ninja is my LEAST favorite coaster of the 79 I've ridden, but they have Georgia Scorcher (the least horrible standup of the 3 I've been on), which takes the place of a B&M sitdown, usually. They also have Mindbender (Schwarzkopf), so they really don't need another looping traditional coaster. SFOT, on the other hand, does need a more modern one than Mindbender, and like I said, they're in a position to theme it really well.

Though knowing how these things go, it's probably going to Asia or South America. :p

BBH

Giga Poster

It's not B&M's most inspired ride by any means and if anything almost everyone who's ridden it (a group, let me remind you, that does not include myself) has said that it's the pinnacle of their forcelessness, but a B&M is a B&M, the reliablility, crowd-pleasing factor, and endurance of the ride make it valueable nonetheless. The quality of the ride experience notwithstanding, this could be a great attraction for a smaller UK park, but I doubt that it's going anywhere near the U.S. or Europe. It's looking highly probable at this point that a smaller Asian park will buy it, which is unfortunate for us North American and European enthusiasts that are now deprived of, while not the best B&M, a B&M nonetheless.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I really hope this comes to Asia, but I've got a horrible feeling that they will send it to the surface of Mars.

spicy

Giga Poster

On the subject of Time Machine-

The thing is if you were a park owner with a few million to spend with a plot big enough for Time Machine. Still how feasible a purchase would it really be?

I assume you will have to pay for it to be deconstructed, then there's the purchase of the coaster itself, shipping, any re-painting etc, then reconstructing the thing.

Surely this would all amount up to be more expensive then just ordering a brand new custom built coaster from B&M?

Unless the coaster is going for something rediculous like 1-2 Mil or something...

Darren B

Giga Poster

^ I don't believe it's as expensive as you suggest, and certainly nowhere near the cost of a new B&M.

Walygator purchased Monster from Japan, deconstructed it, shipped it halfway across the world, reconstructed and painted it (well sort of). If a small park in France can do it then I really don't believe it's that expensive to do. Then look at the SF ride exchange programme.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

spicy said:
Unless the coaster is going for something rediculous like 1-2 Mil or something...

In coaster terms, 1-2 million is actually rather cheap and if you desired B&M wingrider , that would only get you a train :wink: . Wildfire cost $14 million by comparison. Plus, remember shipping costs apply for new coasters too...

But I do believe the issue here is probably overpricing. It would be 'snapped up' rapidly if it was going to be sold for a million or less. We all loathe some of the decision made by parks, by they are all sane after all. For $10 million, you could probably get a park specific, brand new B&M, or possibly Time Machine.

That said, I truly believe we need a non-Merlin B&M in the UK and would love to see Oakwood, Pleasurewood or even Blackpool (if they could fit it in)!

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^I think they meant ridiculous, as in it was cheap.

I just hope it comes to any UK park! (which I doubt)

Kebab

Giga Poster

The UK is about 20 years overdue for a 'larger' sized B&M, which is a shame since coasters like Dragon Khan, Kraken and Kumba are incredibly popular and high rated from the gp. It would be a perfect oppurtunity!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

spicy said:
On the subject of Time Machine-

The thing is if you were a park owner with a few million to spend with a plot big enough for Time Machine. Still how feasible a purchase would it really be?

I assume you will have to pay for it to be deconstructed, then there's the purchase of the coaster itself, shipping, any re-painting etc, then reconstructing the thing.

Surely this would all amount up to be more expensive then just ordering a brand new custom built coaster from B&M?

You mention some very good points, and these are a few of the reasons I think this ride will be pretty hard to sell.
It's also on of the more boring of B&M ride's if I should believe what I read about it.

Darren B said:
^ I don't believe it's as expensive as you suggest, and certainly nowhere near the cost of a new B&M.

Walygator purchased Monster from Japan, deconstructed it, shipped it halfway across the world, reconstructed and painted it (well sort of). If a small park in France can do it then I really don't believe it's that expensive to do

Remember that we don't know what they paid for that ride, probably not much more than scrap value. Also that ride did become much more expensive than planned.

CoasterCrazy said:
In coaster terms, 1-2 million is actually rather cheap and if you desired B&M wingrider , that would only get you a train :wink: . Wildfire cost $14 million by comparison. Plus, remember shipping costs apply for new coasters too...

You need to remember that $14 million is the price for the whole project, the price for the hardware of a coaster is usually somewhere around 40-50% of the overall project cost. The rest is for shipping, land clearing, pouring footers, paying for the construction crew and their equipment and a big ass crane as well as building a station.

Let's say that the Led Zeppelin coaster was a $15 million ride (and that it would be the same today, which it probably would), then we are looking at a hardware price of somewhere around $6-7,5 million. A potential buyer is also going to have to pay for the deconstruction of the ride (expensive), as well as shipping it to his location, and the build it again. In order for the buyer to be interested the price will have to be low enough to allow for the deconstruction of the ride, as well as giving him a "discount" for buying the ride second hand.

The the question is if the people now managing the old Hard Rock park is going to be willing to sell it that cheap?

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

Why is all the talk about Time machine they also had a lot of good family coasters like Maximum RPM according to screamscape they have been testing it for possible buyers.