What's new

Hansa Park | Kärnan | Gerstlauer Hyper Coaster

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
In their latest newsletter, Hansa Park has put the Fluch von Kärnan drop tower for 2015 rumors to rest by announcing that Kärnan will be a hyper coaster. No real facts were given, not even the manufacturer, other than the groundbreaking will take place this year and construction is expected to take 1 1/2 years. With the announcement the park confirmed that the Fluch von has been dropped from the name, but they want speculation to run ramped so don't expect any further details in the near future or at least until the groundbreaking ceremony.
Originally rumors were that Fluch von Kärnan was going to be a replacement for the Montezuma drop tower that was closed in 2012, but now it appears that a replacement will not be coming before 2016.

EDIT BY IAN: Please see press release on page 2.

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: Hansa Park | Kärnan | Unknown hyper coaster

Anymore details on the theming? Since it's swedish i guess they're reffering to the old medieval watch tower of Helsingborg:

8180207184_71ac6cdb46_b.jpg

Since the city of Helsinborg was a part of the Hansa trade confederation that would make perfect sense!

Edit: super excited of course! Since Hansa Park is only a couple of hours from where I live!! :--D

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^No info about the theme is being released as the park wants speculation about the coaster to run wild.

andrus

Giga Poster

Okay, so let's speculate then!

What manufacturer could it be? The last two additions at Hansa Park has been made by Gerstlauer. But since Gerstlauer don't make hyper coasters I think it would be safe to rule them out. There's not a lot of empty space in the park to build on, so I doubt it'll be B&M either since their designs tend to be rather spacious (and an out and back layout wouldn't work since there's a road in the west and a railroad in the east). That makes me think it could be an Intamin à la Skyrush (because I want to) squeezed in the northern part of the park where there's still some room left!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

^^ Well the new Infinity coaster from Gerstlauer would probably work more than well for a hyper design. Otherwise I think Mack could be an alternative.

But hopefully the people over at Hansa Park has been around the area and ridden Goliath and Expedition Geforce and realized that's what they need!

I do think (or hope is probably a better word) that we can rule out a ride from B&M.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Well, there's always Morgan or Vekoma to ask too. Maybe even S&S, seeing as Arrow made a bunch of Hypers in the 90s. Or, you know, Togo, who has vast experience from making Fujiyama and Bandit. Quite a few manufacturers have had their tries at making Hypers over the years.

Realistically, though, I can see it being Intamin or even Mack.

Unrealistically, I hope for it being a wooden Hyper. That would have been something. Either way, it will be within affordable distance. Hope I'll get to ride it one day.

andrus

Giga Poster

^A wooden hyper would be awesome! But with Colossos just next door that would be highly unlikely :wink:

^^I haven't heared of the Infinity design by Gerstlauer before. But after looking at their web page it's just pictures of Karacho and Smiler. So I guess it's Gerstlauers name for rides without the beyond 90 degree signature drop of Eurofighters? Still, they're writing that the trains can take speeds of up to 130km/h!! Please let it not be Gerstlauer! ><

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Yeah the newly developed trains are what the Infinity coaster is all about. Karacho did seem to get some good reviews.

I don't wan't it to be a Gerstlauer either, I'm just saying that there is a chance it might happen, so people don't get to disappointed if it were to be the case.

Darren B

Giga Poster

IAAPA.

If the manufacturer is someone not renowned for building Hyper's (Gerstlauer, Zierer, S&S etc.) then surely they would be likely to mention something at IAAPA? I don't mean by telling everyone that you're building a Hyper for Hansa, but you would at least point to the fact that you're now in the business of building 150ft coasters.

As for my prediction, I think we can remove Intamin and B&M from the conversation, as much as I'd like it to be either of them I can't see Hansa having €20,000,000 to spend on one. Gerstlauer is a possibility, and I'd quite like that to happen, Intamin and B&M Hypers are readily available to us across Europe so It'd be good to try a Gerstlauer contraption. However, my bet goes on Mack building it, they're building their first proper Hyper for Nigloland next year, albeit more of a Mega-Lite, but they're building one, and I think it'll be a success.

So yeah, Mack is the bet.

Darren B

Giga Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
^ I'm pretty sure they are spending 25.000.000 € on this.

Well then I'm praying for B&M or Intamin. I get the argument about there not being enough space for a B&M. but from previous instalments they've proved that they can fit one pretty much anywhere!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:

I also read that. If the number is really true I really pray that B&M is not involved, it would be such a waste with money to pay that much for something so dull.

I also remember that Maurer released the newly redesigned x-train not so long ago, and they are calling it a hyper coaster train. Just throwing it in there. http://www.coastersworld.fr/images/reportages/maurer2013/1.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Wow! That's considerably cheaper than Intimidator 305 ($25'000'000) and just as much as Shambhala!

If those numbers are true we're talking of a real beast of a coaster! Or an incredibly well themed one (which has kind of been a trend at Hansa Park as of lately).

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

_koppen said:
TheCoasterCruiser said:

I also read that. If the number is really true I really pray that B&M is not involved, it would be such a waste with money to pay that much for something so dull.

I also remember that Maurer released the newly redesigned x-train not so long ago, and they are calling it a hyper coaster train. Just throwing it in there. http://www.coastersworld.fr/images/reportages/maurer2013/1.jpg

>State that a B&M would be a waste of money.
>Suggests Maurer as a possible manufacturer.

Mega-Lite please... Intamin or Mack version... That'll do...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

PRESS RELEASE FROM THE PARK!

I've run this through Google translate but also sent a copy to EGC who might be able to understand the German better than Google can.

"Kaernan" comes - HANSA-PARK builds HYPER COASTER
About three years Germany has only one theme park and family questioned his guests on the sea. How do you envision the next big attraction? Should it be a fast track? For families? With thrill factor? Or would you prefer an elaborate theme ride?

For the first time in the history of the HANSA-PARK's had visitors and fans during extensive and intensive planning phase, the opportunity to concretely and directly to influence the largest ever investment in the future of the park.

And so they have decided:
Kaernan comes because of the HANSA-PARK builds a HYPER COASTER!

The groundbreaking ceremony will take place this year. The construction period will be 1 ½ years. Until the opening in 2015 there will be a time of speculation.

Even the guests and the majority of fans have wanted: We would like as long as possible puzzle over the details.

Therefore, only one is officially established as of today: Kaernan coming! More soon at http://www.kärnan.de
Look forward to an exciting 2014 and Kaernan 2015.

hansahyper.jpg

(I added the CF watermark to track the image on other websites, I'm not claiming ownership of it or anything! Image copyright belongs to Hansa Park.)

Anyway, although renderings and concept art shouldn't be taken as proof, it looks rather Intamin Skyrushy to me.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

^^ I agree, everything about that picture except the restraints scream wing coaster to me, particularly the faded train in the background and the arm placement of the front wing seated riders.
Intricks is right though, 4 row trains is worryingly similar to the Smiler, i feel confused.... Will follow this with interest until Gerst is announced then will cry, we need another Skyrush.

marc

CF Legend

To me it looks like Gler trains, seeing their last two coasters were made by them it would not shock me if they used them again.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Looks like a Gerstlauer to me as well, look at Karacho, this is basically those trains just longer.