What's new

Hangzhou Bay Sunac Tourism City | Haiyan | Theme Park (Formerly Six Flags Zhejiang)

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Some more recent pics posted to Themeparx, here's a few very specific updates.

The Jinma Rides coaster that was constructed in June very clearly appears to be one of their stock KSC-16 coasters, an apparent mirror image of the common Vekoma 207m Roller Skater. Can't tell if its the A or B variants as listed on RCDB, don't know the difference asides from the latter being somewhat newer.
hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-89701100.png

The S&S triple tower officially went vertical in late October and progress is focused on the groundwork around the attraction. And yes, although there's only a couple of them, those are most certainly coaster footers laid out in anticipation for the yet-to-arrive Mack hyper coaster that will interact with the structure.
hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-44206400.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 11.49.01 PM.png

The (Jinma Rides) shoot the chutes has definitely solidified. It's very ugly and uninspired to be sure, but function over aesthetics I guess.
hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-89701100.jpg

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3428.jpg
    IMG_3428.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3429.jpg
    IMG_3429.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 45

Matt N

CF Legend
Did Six Flags score some kind of bulk deal with Mack Rides or something? It seems like all of their foreign parks have some form of Mack Hyper Coaster coming, as well as a Mack PowerSplash, and SFOT is building a Mack PowerSplash too!

It also seems like Six Flags may have struck a bulk deal on Maurer spinners, as both this park and Dubai were intended to have them… did Six Flags intend for the Asian parks to have virtually identical ride lineups?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Did Six Flags score some kind of bulk deal with Mack Rides or something? It seems like all of their foreign parks have some form of Mack Hyper Coaster coming, as well as a Mack PowerSplash, and SFOT is building a Mack PowerSplash too!

It also seems like Six Flags may have struck a bulk deal on Maurer spinners, as both this park and Dubai were intended to have them… did Six Flags intend for the Asian parks to have virtually identical ride lineups?
Six Flags purchased a Maurer spinner layout, Powersplash, and Mack hyper clone apiece for each the Dubai park and Zhejiang. The Dubai Mack counterparts are currently rusting away in the sun while the Maurer has materialized as Now You See Me. So yeah, bulk deals did happen for certain attractions from certain manufacturers, and you could say that the purchase of Aquaman for SFOT was a symptom of it.

Matt N

CF Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Dubai Macks going to Bollywood?

Thanks for the info though @TPoseOnTantrum; I had a feeling that there might be some kind of bulk deal involved here!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Dubai Macks going to Bollywood?
The Dubai Macks are currently in storage at Bollywood alongside what looks suspiciously like the S&S triple tower counterpart. No telling if and when they'll go up. The Powersplash shouldn't be too challenging if they decide to make the commitment, given that it doesn't take up a complicated site and a water ride in a climate like Dubai's (and in a park without the essential offering like Bollywood) would be very much welcome. The hyper coaster is a little more iffy, given that it was designed to heavily interact with a very specific park layout. I'm sure that they can figure out the logistics without too much of a sweat, the Dubai parks aren't short on placement options, but I wouldn't be surprised either if that thing just simply doesn't ever go up.

richardcrete

Mega Poster
New renders released by local government:

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-40993600.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-00201700.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-96786200.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-38335400.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-75833700.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-31478400.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-97851200.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-53016000.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-62497800.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-14000500.jpg

hangzhou-bay-sunac-tourism-city-87667900.jpg

Source : http://www.haiyan.gov.cn/art/2021/12/31/art_1229483304_59370436.html

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Wait, they SOLD ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE??!! I thought the double disasters of Spinsanity and Cyber Spin scared everyone out of buying them!
I wouldn't be surprised as it's in China if it's a Jason Rides Gyroscope Legend model rather that an ABC Tourbillon. There's a few of those around.

scarythrillridesamusementride-jasonrides.jpgv2-2a7072951db74ca035ef5ce0114231f8_1440w.jpg

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I wouldn't be surprised as it's in China if it's a Jason Rides Gyroscope Legend model rather that an ABC Tourbillon. There's a few of those around.
To be fair that's probably the case. Looking at these a little closer, the Gyroscope appears to load from its upwards position rather than lower itself to the ground as the ABC ride models do.
From the screen caps of various plans that I posted above, the first obviously has more or less the Top Spin setup with two main support bases and no pneumatics areas indicated, while the second from an earlier plan seems to show the opposite. Assuming that the first picture is indeed the final plan, on second thought this is probably a domestic attraction.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Haven't heard from the park specifically in quite some time, but the developer Sunac - like many Chinese real estate corporates - is in some financial turmoil right now amid the Evergrande fallout, after the Chinese government put out regulations on their (naturally high) debt limits. Hopefully the park project isn't too terribly impacted by this;