What's new

Hainan Ocean Paradise | China | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hainanlogo.jpg

I've been umming and arrring about making a topic about this park for ages because it's been in limbo for years. But it finally looks like they are back on track again.

Hainan Ocean Paradise is a planned park on the Chinese Island of Hainan. A massively popular holiday destination for the Chinese. The park is being backed by Village Roadshow Theme Parks who own SeaWorld, Warner Brothers Movie World and Wet'n'Wild in Australia. The park was due to open in 2015 but hit delays which I've never been able to figure out. But people working on the park weren't paid and the park sat in Limbo for a couple of years in this state.

marine.jpg

However a new deal seems to have been struck and the park is moving forwards.

The park is set to be in the style of SeaWorld/Wet'n'Wild in Australia (note SeaWorld in Australia has nothing to do with Sea World in the US hence the lack of a space in the name apparently) with a theme park section featuring marine exhibits and a water park.

Here's some various versions of plans and overall concept art out there.

Hainanplan.jpg

lingplans2.jpg

The eagle eyed will see at least one coaster in there. But the theme park is mostly an unknown apart from a couple of rides, one of which is a very interesting coaster.

Lingo2.jpg

Concept art for a water ride at the park

marinestall.jpg

Concept art for the main coaster

Again the eagle eyed will notice the coaster looks like Fahrenheit at Hershey Park. And that's because it is like that but with a different layout. Some of the Chinese chaps with i guess inside info have made an NL mock up of what the ride should look like.

13016375_10100774893866142_2061210394_o.jpg

Now this parks been an unknown for so long I'm still not 100% sure it will ever get finished. But the future looks a lot better than it did a couple of months ago. So fingers crossed.
Plus Hainan is home to the Chinese's newest rocket launching complex and I can't think of something that would be cooler to watch from a theme park than a rocket launch :)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Finally we have vertical construction. The water park going up first it seems.
Hainanwater1.jpg

Hainanwater2.jpg

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've never understood why Hainan never got a major park sooner. There are a couple of local-style places, but the island is ripe for one of the big chains to whack something in, especially around Sanya on the south coast, which is massively popular. The whole east coast is accessible by high-speed rail as well, connecting Sanya in the south with Haikou - the main city - in the north.

There must be something to it, like planning restrictions or something, because it just makes no sense that OCT and/or Fantawild, and now Wanda, haven't jumped on it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
They are certainly picking up. The 2nd Vekoma Firestorm (plus other unknown coasters) is going to Hainan on that ridiculous Dubai Palm style Haihua Island.
Which as soon as its obvious the park has gone vertical is going to be an interesting project to follow.
Haihua Island4.jpg
Haihua Island1.png
Haihua Island2.png
Haihua Island3.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The size of that project is gobsmacking. Wow.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Won't it suffer from erosion if virtually everything is surrounded by water?
If not correctly treated and built, then possibly, but we've been building cities, bridges, off-shore structures and much more, for many years without too much trouble.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Back on topic to Ocean Park
Finally an update to the satellite reveals the park is well and truely back underway.
Lingshui Sat.JPG

Only image I've found recently shows the water park well underway.
Hainanwater3.jpg

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
We have Intamin track on site (look very closely at the first image)
The parks coming along although the water parks way further along than the theme park.

Oceans1.jpg Oceans2.jpg Oceans3.jpg Oceans4.jpg Oceans5.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Construction at this park is continuing. The Intamin track is clearly still sat on site. But no vertical construction yet. Looks like the water ride is now going up though.

Oceaner1.jpg Oceaner2.jpg Oceaner3.jpg Oceaner4.jpg Oceaner5.jpg

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
This upcoming park's coaster line-up is puzzling :eek: Two Intamin models that have only built once before a while ago and that seemed doomed to failure since. The spinner and Fahrenheit clone both look exciting and thrilling though!

I have to say I really appreciate your work showing the progress in Chinese parks ;)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The Water park appears to now be ready to opened.
hain1.jpg

The Theme Park still has some way to go but here's a nice view of the Intamin Spinner that's been installed.
Hain2.jpeg

I've heard the Intamin beyond vertical coaster has suffered a similar issue to the Wuxi Mack Blue Fire and issues have been found with the supports requiring several to be re-manufactured. The supports were manufactured by a 3rd party so hopefully they can get that all sorted soon