What's new

GYPB - Major new attraction

Martyn B

CF Legend
Gt Yarmouth Pleasure Beach have said on Facebook that there will be an announcement tomorrow (Wednesday) for a major new attraction coming to the PB.

The use of the word 'attraction' isn't filling me with joy, but you never know.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not getting the New Coaster Klaxon out if this tweet I saw a few days ago is anything to go by...

[tweet]http://twitter.com/dingrawd/status/697525677063540736[/tweet]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So, who's on duty refreshing GYPB's FB page so we can find out what this major attraction is?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Haha I've checked a couple of times this morning.

Their website says that it's due to open for Easter, so whilst that good as it sort of confirms it as a ride, it's also can't be anything major if it's going up in like 3 weeks.

I drove past at the weekend (didn't know of this then) and I didn't notice anything.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It's a big wheel.

https://www.facebook.com/funandthrills/posts/1081964795156967

12802994_1081961335157313_705075308403797664_n.jpg

peep

CF Legend
Lol. This announcement was always going to be meh. Why are they even bothering to hype up such an attraction?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Coaster

Mega Poster
I don't see what their is to complain about, that is the sort of addition I would expect from a small seaside park and a big wheel of that size will be visible from outside the park, something which is important for parks on the seafront with potential customers in the area.

Also, they "bothered to hype it up" because they are advertising their new attraction, much like any amusement park does regardless of what the new attraction is.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Just like their last one, this too is hired, and will no doubt cost around £5 to ride, and be excluded from the wristband system.

Seems an odd choice if you ask me.

Coaster

Mega Poster
Excluded from the wristband system? If that's true then there is definitely something to complain about!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Omg is that per person? Death at families of four having to pay £20 upcharge just to behold the stunning views of Great Yarmouth.

Coaster

Mega Poster
That's really not good. Also, how can they justify the price increase on wristbands if the wheel isn't even included?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I suppose it's a traditional style ride that fits in with some of the other attractions at the park. Might be quite nice to go on in summer when the beach is packed and there's life to see. Erm, yeah, good luck to them.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
How crap. And it's an upcharge. OK, so it would be a nice addition to the park but what's the point if you think people are going to pay however much for a wristband + £5 for this. Just no.