What's new

Gwazi- Smooth(er)?

RCF

Strata Poster
I heard about this. But look, it says they may be borrowing it from another park just to test. This could mean anything because if it goes well then they may get new trains, but if not it will be just the same. But Millennium Flyer trains could help.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Well, yeah, they are just borrowing the car, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

RCF

Strata Poster
CMonster said:
^ Well, yeah, they are just borrowing the car, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

I see what you mean because this shows they at least want to make it better and are taking baby steps.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn't think Gwazi was too bad when I rode it back in 2006. It wasn't smooth, but it certainly wasn't as rough as some people make out. It might have gotten worse over the years though.

The addition/testing of these new trains is interesting, it'll be cool to see if it makes the ride better.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Gwazi is only tolerable in the first car, anywhere else is painful & the back seats will seriously hurt you. I'm sure MF trains will help & make an excellent addition, because the layout is great & the coaster could be too with a few improvements. I think more will need to be done, but this certainly would be a step in the right direction.

Mark

Strata Poster
I didn't think it was "rough" per-say. It certainly had an element of bounce about it, but I loved it. I thought it was excellent.

Good to hear they are keep an eye on maintenance though, at the very least...

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I didn't think it was too bad either - yes it's bumpy,. but great fun!

nothing like as bad as bandit at movie park, or stampida (which was also good fun)!

CMonster

Giga Poster
I can ride it once in the back car, two or (maybe) three times in the middle cars, and probably about three to five times in the front car (if I'm having a good day). Any more than that and, mostly in the back row, it seriously starts to hurt badly.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
IMHO, Wildcat @ Hershey got WORSE after they substituted the MFs for the PTCs.

The ride was crazy fun before, but after they got the MFs a lot of the forces were tamed. Then, to make matters worse, they realized that with the MFs, they could slack off on the maintenance even more. The ride was pretty much garbage by 2008.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Two words: **** yes.

I remember asking the GCI guys when they made an impromptu visit on the Midwest trip during ERT on Kentucky Rumbler. I asked whether Gwazi might get Millennium Flyer trains in the future, they answered "We'll see, we're working on it."

Glad to see this came to fruition. I need to get back to Busch soon anyways.