What's new

Great Parks with only a few coasters

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
What are some great parks that most people haven't heard of because they have only a few coasters (a maximum of 3)?

In addition, what makes them great?

(money on Snoo saying lake compounce because of Boulderdash)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Djurs Summerland. It has Piraten, which was epic and was just a really nice little park all in all, very scenic and a really good day out.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I'm going to say Leofoo Village in Taiwan. I visited a couple summers ago and was blown away at how nice the park actually was. Theming was pretty nice and there was even a zoo as well! Screaming Condor is there only big coaster and just a basic impulse coaster at that, but there flume style ride is one of the best I have been on as well as the best themed drop tower I have ever seen.

Snoo

The Legend
Well people know of Lake Compounce BECAUSE of Dash. Plus.. they have 4 coasters. ;)

I'd have to say.. some people forget about Waldameer.. but not so much anymore with the sex that is Ravine Flyer II. Same goes for Holiday World but Voyage pretty much shot that sucker down as 'unknown.' To be honest, the only park I've been to that small with known coasters is Beech Bend with Kentucky Rumbler.. but Rumbler isn't that good.. :lol:

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I wouldn't think Canobie is too well known to people...outside Massachusetts? New England? I don't really know. But it definitely doesn't have that high a level of recognition as far as I know, and despite not having a ton of "thrill" rides, it's still really fun. Beautiful park, decent food, it's got a hell of an indoor scrambler (although they run it lights on now...) and the Cannonball is really smooth for an old wooden coaster. So glad I live close to the place.

Oh yeah, and the old "so bad it's good" haunted mine ride! :lol:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Lake Compounce and Waldemeer are NOT great parks thanks to ONE great coaster apiece. Without Boulder Dash and Ravine Flyer II they would both be absolutely dire.

Lotte World:

3 Coasters (one fantastic, one quirky and one s**te), but so much more stuff to do besides them anyway. They've got some excellent flats, some fantastic dark rides, indoor rapids etc. I've always loved how they've been so experimental with their rides as well. It's basically full of Intamin prototypes.

Tokyo DisneySea:

2 crap coasters, yet still my absolute favourite park. I could spend a day there, not ride anything (though that would be silly) and still be happy.

I'm sure I'll think of a few more later.