What's new

Grand National

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Who's having a bet then?

I've placed a few bets, all to win, £1 on each...last of the big spenders, me.

Snowy Morning 28/1
My Will 8/1
Parsons Legacy 16/1
Southern Vic 28/1
Idle Talk 50/1
Chelsea Harbour 66/1

I don't know the first thing about 'orse racing, I just ticked the boxes on the betting slip in the bookies.

Dave

CF Legend
I wish I remember every year to put a bloody bet on! As i'd put money on the highest odds as sometimes they win.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
**** me, 100/1 winner, and I was going to go for him because his name looks like OM NOM NOM".

No winnings for me but it was fun.

Ollie

CF Legend
I didn't know it was on until I read some news story this morning about loads of people betting on it this year even though there's the recession.
I don't normally watch it anyway let alone bet.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Good race, but I can't bet as I'm only 16 :p

I was thinking before the race that I wanted Comply or Die to win as he won something big last time (I think it was the Grand National...?), and he came second so my judgement is ok.

When I'm 18, I'll make my first bet on the National.

the_missus

Mega Poster
Ah sht forgot to put a bet on for this....tis a shame cos I usually go for the horse with the least chance of winning.....I usually put a 60ish/1 on so probably saved myself a whole £1 there!!

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I gave my mum £1 to put on 'Stan' just because I like the name. He fell on the 7th jump..... Oh well, £1 worth the excitment of watching the race :)

Emmett

Giga Poster
Great race even after the 2 false starts, they never seem to get it right. I had an each way bet on some long odds horse but it came in nowhere.

I love the way its the one race of the year everyone bets on. Guy I work with who bets all the time says he wouldn't put anything on it because its too unpredictable but he will bet on all the other races.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I had a quid on Black Appalachi, who technically would have won without a rider :)

And then 10p each way on Compy or Die and the same on State of Play, so won about 3 quid I think.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Oooo, what are you going to spend it on? Three litres of petrol?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I had money on My Will, he almost lost his rider, but recovered, got to first with two to go, then ended up third.

Oh well, better than nothing, but if he had tried from the start he could have won, he only got going at 16 or so, and atleast he didn't die. Oh well, he should be on a shelf in Rymans by now, with a Prit-Stick logo on him...